latest Guest Announcement William Shatner

showmasters

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to the fact: do you get a lot of pleasure from the photo or autograph. I feel that the photo shoot picture looks better on the wall. But I will be getting both from Mr. Shatner. He is a huge name and for someone who likes star trek as I do £35 for photo shoot and maybe about £25 for autograph is not bad at all. I mean you will have it all your life and it will look cracking on your wall.

Even if you get an autograph for £25 you can sell it one day and make more than your money back.

I know it will be rushed but thats what happens with big name stars like Shatner. When I got my photo shoot and autograph from leonard nimoy last year it was busy but I don't expect anything else.

I'm over the moon that William Shatner is coming :WINCE: what a legend!

Captain Kirk photo shoot for £35 = money well spent.

Edited by ToyDreamer1976

At least this way we can all make our own choice if we want to pay it or not. I'd much rather that than Jason coming on here in six months saying he could have got Shatner but decided against it to spare our wallets.

Thats exactly it. If people truely think that it is too much then they don't have to buy anything.

Agreed. True, I would be bitterly disappointed if I couldn't afford to meet someone as legendary as Shatner, but I'd just be mature and deal with it. Some people seem to be saying that because they can't afford something, those of us who can should also be denied. Which is not only unfair, but very immature.

Completely agree with you Princess83.

It seems this issue is raised quite often on these boards. Its like everything else in life; some people can afford things and some people can't. I'd love a £120,000 car, but I don't have the money; doesn't mean I complain about the people who can afford it. I certainly don't go onto forums about expensive cars and grumble they cost so much!!

£35 is not even a night out - suck it up!!!! You're getting the chance to meet a true legend!!

Well put!

I guess it depends on how much you value this stuff, or how big a fan you are? I don't know. I'm not a big autograph collector, only get autographs from people I'm a really big fan of. I am a huge fan of the Original Series of Star Trek, so meeting William Shatner is the biggest thing I'll ever do as a Star Trek fan now that I've already met Leonard Nimoy.

I am currently unemployed since last year, despite that fact I don't have a hard time saving up money for this weekend-trip, going all the way from Sweden mind you, and while here get 5 autographs and a photoshoot with the man + tons of action figures and other fun stuff.

£35 is cheaper than photoshoots charged by another certain company who dont have the additional expense of flying him over the pond.

Personally, I think the talk is too expensive and when you add it all up...

entrance £10

autograph £25 (estimate - haven't cheked to see if an actual price has been declared but it wont be less than £25)

photoshoot £35

talk £25

thats £95 for one person which is not far off the sort of money you would pay for a whole convention weekend.

Depends if your on rounds or singles, and who your with, and where you go, and how much you drink in a night.

Luckily I spend about £10 when I go out too......but that means I have money for all the shoots, talks and autographs I want.

Sometimes being anti-social pays off :D

i can't wait to see how many of you of here moan about him after you have met him.

such negativity! At least give the guy a chance before knocking him! I know last time was rushed as he wanted to get through as many people as possible so no-one would be disappointed at not meeting him - but SM have assured us it will be different this time

At least this way we can all make our own choice if we want to pay it or not. I'd much rather that than Jason coming on here in six months saying he could have got Shatner but decided against it to spare our wallets.

Thats exactly it. If people truely think that it is too much then they don't have to buy anything.

Hello, I have read these forums for 2 years however this is my first posting so please forgive if I havn't got it right and hope I am welcomed to the forum.

I appreciate that times are hard for many folks but I paid $80 a piece for Shatner and Nimoys signature in Las Vegas and I think over $200 dollars for a photo with me in the middle of the both of them.

I couldn't believe how much cheaper Nimoy was at MK last year and feel the same about Shatner in London.

I think Showmasters are brilliant for both prices and access to the guests.

Well there you go then :)

People should be happy that they aren't charging that much here!

Why would we be negative after meeting him?

I met him at MK and thought he was fine, as did other people on here.

I cant wait to meet him again! :thumbup:

I agree! From what you and other people have said, he seems to have been a great guest. My boyfriend especially is a quite a fan of him Trek and other stuff that he's done like Boston Legal. Any appearance I've watched on TV etc he seems to like making fun of himself which makes him highly amusing!

i can't wait to see how many of you of here moan about him after you have met him.

Did he not pay enough attention to you last time? Awww.

FANTASTIC! I had no idea you were capable of sarcasm! I may even forgive you for your Twilight fetish for that :P

Me and sarcasm are old friends. He only comes around for special occasions though :D

Yaaaaaaaaaay! Captain Kirk and Denny Crane?! Sweeeeet.

I'm booked in for a Sat photoshoot and will cross my fingers for an opportunistic autograph. Unfortunately I can't do Sunday as well as it nearly killed me having to travel to London Sat and Sun for Collectormania in November (although it was SO WORTH IT), but I hope everyone who can make it has a marvellous time at the talk. ;)