latest Guest Announcement William Shatner

showmasters

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool announcement, but ouch to the prices!

£25 for the talk I was expecting, but £35 for the photoshoot?? Ouch!:YAHOO::P:thumbup:

I was expecting £25 :(

If I go for a talk, photo and just one auto, thats going to be £85-95 just on him! So something I might have to miss out on!

Edited by crippsy_99

Don't think I'll be getting a photo at that price, I can't justify it to myself. I was expecting £25 for the talk though, I think I'll just have to settle for the talk and an autograph. Unless I don't get his autograph and have a photo instead. Hmm, decisions!

Edited by lizzy88

Don't think I'll be getting a photo at that price, I can't justify it to myself. I was expecting �25 for the talk though, I think I'll just have to settle for the talk and an autograph. Unless I don't get his autograph and have a photo instead. Hmm, decisions!

My dilemma is talk or photoshoot, or just put myself in debt and get both! I dont knowwwww!

Can anyone tell me .Could i get a photo shoot ticket on the day for willliam shatner. :D

If theres any left on the day then yes, but the shoots may sell out before then.

Yeha the photoshoot was a must for me at any price.

Firstly because I want it to go with my Nimoy one.

Secondly, and no offence meant to the guy, but he is getting on a bit. And if it takes this long to get him back to an event again, we might not get another chance to meet him.

And science forbid he passed on and I chose not to get a picture with him. I'd never forgive myself for passing up the oppertunity to have my photo taken with a childhood hero and a legend that has been with me since I was old enough to grasp what was on the TV screen :P

So yeah, for me I had to get it, whether it was £35 or £135.

Don't think I'll be getting a photo at that price, I can't justify it to myself. I was expecting �25 for the talk though, I think I'll just have to settle for the talk and an autograph. Unless I don't get his autograph and have a photo instead. Hmm, decisions!

My dilemma is talk or photoshoot, or just put myself in debt and get both! I dont knowwwww!

Imo, talks are a great experience, and good for taking as many photos as you want... however, memories of the talk will quickly fade, but your photoshoot is there in print forever.

And science forbid he passed on and I chose not to get a picture with him. I'd never forgive myself for passing up the oppertunity to have my photo taken with a childhood hero and a legend that has been with me since I was old enough to grasp what was on the TV screen :D

I had that happen with me before..

I was at an event with a particular guest, but I was trying to save the pennies so said to myself i'll meet him next time he does an event..

He never did..

The guest in question: James Doohan! ;)

One of my biggest regrets! :P

But reddragon would still need to spend £175 on top of the gold pass for all the autographs :D

I have never needed a gold pass so far, and I meet at least 4 or 5 of the big names at these events.

Just have to queue up early enough really.

The only time I have bought a gold pass was for the Hub 1 and apart from the drinks reception I didn't really feel a need for it in the end. At the CM and LFCC cons I've always managed to meet everyone, big names included, just by going early. For people who might not be able to arrive early for whatever reason the gold passes are good, but otherwise not REALLY essential. It's easy to meet the big names without them as long as you are well organized and have a lot of time to spare.

I'm going to meet William and Katee at LFCC who I think will both be ridiculously busy, but I know as long as I get there plenty early enough it will be fine.

Edited by Princess83