Thank you to SM and crew for all your hard work

keithporter23

This is just a general thank you (from a very happy customer/supporter/fan boy) to all the organisers, pit bosses, crew, volunteers minions and guests for yet another fantastic weekend.

The crew were so helpful over the two days, it is impossible for me to find a bad thing to say. There isn't any real opportunity at the shows to show appreciation, but trust me, there are alot of very happy people, who have had an amazing time meeting guests we never thought possible.

Thanks to the guests for being so approachable, and answering questions they've probably been asked a 1000 times this weekend alone.

The photoshoots were so well organised and swift. Well done the photographers. (I cannot believe John Barrowman got through two shoots without problems!) I loved how fast the photos were returned compared to other shows.

So, once again thank you SM, Jason and everyone who worked so hard, this weekend was once again a success and i'm already looking forward to the next show. I hope the guests are as great as these ones.

If possible, any chance we could keep the vibe of this thread positive :D

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

Edited by keithporter23

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you to the people giving out VQ tickets, they were very helpful and nice, a lady warned me that Robert Englund was having a backlog but I know he likes to chat to fans so that was to be expected!

Whenever I had questions they were able to answer them, even if they had to ask another crew member to confirm!

I even managed to help Rob S out when two deaf gentlemen approached and were confused over Heather's sign which simply said Closed. (admittedly, I went to confirm what that meant as well, whether she'd gone for lunch or photoshoot or had left the event for the day) and sign that she was going for lunch and would be back later.

thanks to the people sitting on the desks for Heather (Laura) and Robert Rusler, they recognised me due to how often I went up, haha. I did get a chance to interview Heather and Robert, which was more than I wanted and expected, so thanks for the help and making it all run smoothly!

I too would like to pass my thanks to the crew for the weekend. I know there was a lot of first time crewers this weekend but they all seemed to take it in their stride and do a great job. All the crew i encountered over the weekend were polite, friendly and happy to chat. Special thanks to the photo crews for getting through everyone and the crew over at John's auto queue for being lovely and helpful, making sure that everyonne got through.

Overall a fantastic weekend and a fantastic crew :D

They aolways do things to a high standard, although I would mention that the newbies they had on the photo collection desk to not take things quite so literally & use a little common sense at times.

For example telling people that they couldn't just pick up their photos off the desk, they had to get it handed too them. I even witnessed one steward telling one woman sternly to put her own photo back down on the desk so that it could then be handed to her!

For me, the weekend ran extremely smoothly. All the crew I encountered were really friendly and helpful, so thank you, it really made the weekend so much less stressful than I had been expecting!

I also want to say thanks for getting the photos back so quickly, it made my mum extremely happy to be able to get her photo with John Barrowman signed after I had warned her it may not have been back for a while/before we left. I was glad to be proven wrong!

The seating for the paid talks I thought went very well too. I had no doubt where I had to be, and it seemed a lot quicker and simpler than the Scott Bakula one at LFCC (the only previous paid talk I'd been to). Also there seemed to be a little confusion about whether the seating was allocated for the paid talks - several crew members I talked to said that they hadn't been told anything different regarding the paid talks as opposed to the free ones, but I thought the ones up in the talk area did a fantastic job of informing everyone about it and making sure everyone was in the right seats.

The photographers, once again, were fantastic. I don't have a bad word to say about any of my photos. So thank you, so much.

I've probably forgotten things I wanted to say thanks for, so I'll leave it here and suffice to say thank you to all!

EDIT: The queuing for the photoshoots was fantastic as well. I want to say an extra thanks to the woman who made sure I was put in the right place each time I came for a photo!

And to the lady who was at Rene's desk Saturday morning, for noticing I'd blinked in the photo and taking another of me and him, many thanks!

Edited by lizzy88

I'd also like to echo the comments of thanks to the crew for all their hard work and making things easy and enjoyable with big thanks going to the two fellas with Rhys-Davies bout 4pm on the sund. who said it was fine to have a pic with him today as even though got the sig on the saturday I hadnt got one- mainly asked as the various pics tried take from distance were failures. Same goes for the fella at Heather Langenkamp's table for letting me have quick wee pic with both her and Robert whom for the photo decied to strangle me, if u're gonna get strangled you might as well get Freddie to do the honours :D

also adding a big thankyou to all the crew for all their hard work.

As a newbie to collectormania I asked several crew members questions and was always given spot on info with a smile. Same goes for the photo-shoot crew and photographer who all did a fantastic job considering the long queues- they kept things running smoothly. Was also surprised how quickly the photo's were ready to be picked up too.

Well done everyone for making my first collectormania experience such a pleasant one. :D

Best organised Showmasters event yet... I was one of the posters who after LFCC complained about the lack of virtual queue tickets for guests such as Danny Trejo and Michael Ironside meaning we either took pot luck on what time they would turn up or kept getting moved on if the queue blocked walking traffic and I was glad to see our concerns were addressed. I got in on Sunday morning scooted around and got VQ tickets for Shannon Doherty, Misha Collins and Katherine Isabelle so I could then go off without a panic, as it happens the VQ tickets were not really needed but it saved a lot of us hanging around and blocking the way etc, a big well done showmasters for that.

I'd like to add my thanks to the Crew and everyone who was involved in making CM run so smoothly. Special thanks to the amazing Malcolm for his awesome photos, and thanks too for whatever arrangements were put in place to get the photos back so quickly. Those dealing with the Barrowmania phenomenon deserve special thanks, especially the guys at the photo sessions for keeping things moving, and Phil at the autograph area for managing the VT queue with a smile on his face :dance: And thanks to JB himself for doing two shoots, endless autos and a talk. What a star :wub:

Well done Guys on running an excellent show.

Great venue,a very good guest line up and plenty of stalls added up to a very enjoyable weekend and a great atmosphere on both days.

There seem to be very few negative comments at all on here, which is a tribute to the organisation and hard work of all those who helped out (we are, after all notoriously difficult to please!)

Thanks to you all.

brilliant event, ive posted my thoughts on the sat and sunday thoughts thread but thankyou SM for a great weekend, in particilar the photo ops queues were handeled extreemly well especially A.

They aolways do things to a high standard, although I would mention that the newbies they had on the photo collection desk to not take things quite so literally & use a little common sense at times.

For example telling people that they couldn't just pick up their photos off the desk, they had to get it handed too them. I even witnessed one steward telling one woman sternly to put her own photo back down on the desk so that it could then be handed to her!

i only encountered this on the sunday at the smaller table whilst collecting renes pic as i went back later to pick up this and barrowmans after an hour or so in the pub, but I assumed it was cos id just walked back in from the monsoon drenched and they thought i was a thief lol, but the lady just sorta spun towards me and looked at me i jsut showed her the pic and all was fine. I didnt think bad of it, i actually thouhgt thats good she is making sure im the right person since i looked a bit out of place bieng the only wet person around at the time lol

its only prudent they try and check everyone picks up the right pics though this must be extreemly difficult with the amount of pics and ppl around the tables.

Was my 1st collectormania - prev been only to all the hub events.

Apart from 2 issues thought it was excellent. Well laid out, majority of crew were great, especially the photo queue ones. Thanks to the photographers who are always excellent & return promptly of the photos.

My 2 issues - 1 raised on other thread re the seating at torchwood talk & the other as already raised in this thread by a couple of people. Collection of photos. Can u have the same rule for both sided of the photo collection tables. 1 crew person was letting people take photos whilst still putting them out while the person at opp side table would not key anyone take them as still putting out but until people did start raking them she had no room to put more out.

Thanks to all the guests I met - all lovely & especially John Barrowman who was obviously shattered from last night in show but still did the photoshoots and autos.

I just want to add thanks to all the crew - and sorry to single out but four in particular stood out:

- the girl who was sitting with John Barrowman towards the end of the day, she was so lovely, welcoming and thankful when she took our ticket and really made me smile, as did John for being a total star, he ended a wonderful weekend in a wonderful way and I will be writing to his website to pass my thanks on as well.

- the girl organising the photoshoot colours for Misha on the saturday - I don't envy that job and she was on top of it and knew where everyone was and got us all organised really well with a smile and no fuss (granted anyone else who did this job prob would have been the same but she was the only one I met lol)

- the third was (I assume) one of the security guys - tall, bald - quite scary looking (sorry), spent most of the weekend minding either Misha or John and very adequately might I add, we thought he was Misha's Archangel and kept waiting for him to produce a flaming sword from his coat hehe

- and last but not least the lovely geordie lady with the blonde and pink hair who was stamping us on the Sunday (and some of the Saturday I think) who to me had one of the hardest jobs but managed the flow of people brilliantly.

Overall the crew, staff and dealers were brill, helpful when needed and wonderfully patient with all us crazy fans hehe I think everyone who worked this weekend deserves a hug and a pat on the back for pulling off such an awesome weekend.

THANK YOU SM!! :YAHOO:

:dance:

I left them a note to this effect, but I'll say it again: firstly, I think the Photoshoot A crew deserve a huge round of applause for their organizational skills, particularly the fella with the long hair (I don't know your name!) who made sure I got to see the right person for my many nitpicky questions. I also think that Malcolm is an absolute star, and he has at least four exceedingly happy girls who will treasure their photographs forever.

Thank you also to: the girls working Misha's queue/table on Saturday and Sunday, you were all so friendly and (most importantly) non-judgemental, and Misha's scary, scary security guard, for not freaking out when I asked Misha for an over-the-table hug. I returned him only slightly ruffled!

Oh! And a huge, huge, huge, huge thanks to Too Tall, who manages to stay friendly and helpful well beyond the point where most of us would probably be ripping people's heads off.

, particularly the fella with the long hair (I don't know your name!)

I'm thinking it's Matt. But I'm not sure if he's on the forum. ;p

Kip

Ah, well. Like I said, he was brilliant, and I left the photo crew a thank-you card because my parents apparently adopted me from the 1800s.

Ah, well. Like I said, he was brilliant, and I left the photo crew a thank-you card because my parents apparently adopted me from the 1800s.

Your note was really appreciated! :firedevil:

Malcolm read it out to all of us and it gave us all a very much needed boost after a very tiring (but thoroughly enjoyable!!) day.

Thank you!

Edited by Vicki_UK

• Showmasters Admin

Oh! And a huge, huge, huge, huge thanks to Too Tall, who manages to stay friendly and helpful well beyond the point where most of us would probably be ripping people's heads off.

Thank you :P

*goes off to count his head collection from the weekend* :firedevil:

I like the fact that many crew members do what they do with a dash of humour. It's appreciated.

Thanks for that! I did get a few odd looks at MK when I encouraged my queue (for Nathan Fillion) to stand as close as possible to conserve body heat and maybe make some new 'special' friends. It could totally be that kind of convention.

Besides, it makes it fun for everyone.

And Sophie? Thanks you cards are sadly unused these days. I still have everyone I've ever been given.

I like the fact that many crew members do what they do with a dash of humour. It's appreciated.

Thanks for that! I did get a few odd looks at MK when I encouraged my queue (for Nathan Fillion) to stand as close as possible to conserve body heat and maybe make some new 'special' friends. It could totally be that kind of convention.

Besides, it makes it fun for everyone.

And Sophie? Thanks you cards are sadly unused these days. I still have everyone I've ever been given.

cards? are there comment cards for the crew and event? oh i didnt know that, were are they located in a show?

yep i thought all the crew i came across were very helpfull, polite, organised, the ladies on photo ops B were very nice ;-) the guys and ladies on A extreemly well organised and calming with all those ppl on shoots like shannons and johns and organising all the ppl waiting to queue who had lower colour tickets.