'Over the table' photos

Hey!

I just got back home in France and the only word I can think of to describe my week end is: AWWWWWWESOME! :smile:

I just wondered: Did anybody of you guys have some 'over the table' photos without paying for an autograph?

I have had some (I'll upload them tomorrow on the forum) with Alex Meraz, Justin Chon, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Josh Herdman.... I was so glad! And proud I had the courage to actually ask them....^^

I also have a funny story about the Alex Meraz one: he was alone so I took my chance and made the photo (he was very nice! You'll see on the photo :wub:). As soon as I had left his desk, there were at least 10 girls 'running' to ask him the same! He looks at me like he was desperate and gave me a huge smile!!!

What about you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got one with Justin, i went to get one with Alex Meraz but one of the crew said i couldn't which i was confused about because other people were and one of the pit bosses said it was fine to go up to him, say hi and see if it would be okay for a photo.

all the guests i met, jake lloyd, edward furlong, michael ironside, chris sarandon and mark ryan were all extremely happy to have photos with me even thought they could have made me buy a photo shoot instead. the pics came out extremely well and actually came out better than some of the paid photos ive had in previous years. i think the fact they didnt have a large camera in there face brought out a more natural look

my friend paid for an autograph with Chris Sarandon but didnt want a photo as the autograph was for her friend, i was stood right with her and asked for a photo with him which i did get..but he was like..'um...(looking around) yeh sure' ha ha, dont think he wanted to though :)

hello

Me and four friends went. 3 went to twilight talk and 2 had professional photos with both Alex and Peter.

2 friends could not afford autographs which was obviously gutting for them but were happy to have pics with people. We realised for people like Peter it was impossible but Justin Chon had no queue and the crew said no but justin waved her through.

We found some crew were rude. We were in the queue for Peter photo and obviously excited and one crew member actually said to my friend. God don't get too excited. Surely that's what the whole thing is about?

Don't get me wrong the event was amazing and the majority of the crew were brilliant but that one or two who were rude ruined it a bit.

My order came to over £150 plus the £105 we spent there I think a few over the table photos should have been allowed.

My order came to over £150 plus the £105 we spent there I think a few over the table photos should have been allowed.

Allowed by whom? You do realise that usually when photos over the table aren't allowed, it's the guest or their management that have requested it rather than SM, don't you?

If I'm not already getting an auto I never ask for a picture...I just think that's a bit disrespectful and cheeky and I dont wanna risk giving the guest a bad impression of me.

Some guests I've gone over to just to say hello and meet them when they had no one else waiting but I'd never ask for a pic while I was there and I didn't realise people here actually mamanged to do it either.

When I do get a phot with a guest though, I never do a photoshoot, I always go for over the desk or not at all. I just don't see the point in the professional photoshoot as to me it feels so much like an assembley line whereas over the desk I'm capturing the moment of when I actually met and chatted to the guest.

Edited by nicky

Allowed by whom? You do realise that usually when photos over the table aren't allowed, it's the guest or their management that have requested it rather than SM, don't you?

Every celebrity that we saw allowed us but the crew did not. Alex Meraz, Justin Chon, Danny Trejo, Michael Ironside, Edward Furlong. Once the crew said no we asked the celebrity and like I said they waved us through. Chris Sarandon said yes to a photo but the crew member said come back when there is no queue...there was one person behind us.

I respect the fact that some celebs don't want photos and therefore we wouldn't have asked or pushed them in any way.

If I'm not already getting an auto I never ask for a picture...I just think that's a bit disrespectful and cheeky and I dont wanna risk giving the guest a bad impression of me.

Some guests I've gone over to just to say hello and meet them when they had no one else waiting but I'd never ask for a pic while I was there and I didn't realise people here actually mamanged to do it either.

When I do get a phot with a guest though, I never do a photoshoot, I always go for over the desk or not at all. I just don't see the point in the professional photoshoot as to me it feels so much like an assembley line whereas over the desk I'm capturing the moment of when I actually met and chatted to the guest.

Well said mate. :P

The photo just freezes one moment in time. The only memory of meeting the guest I have is the memory of meeting the guest. Either way, at a photoshoot or at a table, you're metting them. I tend to do both. I much prefer the professional nature and poses of the photoshoot - I've got some awesomely fun poses, either in character or playful or hugs, that I wouldn't have had over the table. I have about 80 photos from photoshoots now.

I do get over the table photos sometimes though.

I do over the table when getting an autograph and the official photoshoot. I like the candid moment over the table as a memory, and the professional one for the quality

I have about 80 photos from photoshoots now.
Quick count reveals 86 for me :D

See i was abit annoyed about this...I seen people going up to Justin and Alex and not getting autograph just chatting with them and then they had photos so me and my mate went and asked could we go and talk to alex cause there was noone around, the lady at the desk said no but i could stand there and get a photo so we did and the pit boss was trying to move us from there and said we couldnt take photos. I just looked at her and told her that the other lady said we could...she didnt like that :thumbup:

I was just quite upset seeing so many people go up to them without getting autographs yet when i try they say no...I wouldnt mind but they were just sat there noone was waiting or anything grrrrrr :WINCE:

I think that's a little harsh like i said me and my friends has already given more than enough money to the event and if the celebs don't mind I don't see the problem

The main problem I had with some people asking for over the table shots was just how rude some of them were! Seriously! I know Peter declined on a few occassions and I agreed with him. Wandering over and saying, 'Can I have a photo' is not polite!

If the guests agree then on the whole I don't really see a problem with it!

I queued up for David Prowse for just a photo as been waiting to meet him back in Mids 08 when I was crewing but he dropped out. I had planned on a auto but became skint so just asked for a pic which he was happy to do and shook my hand afterwards

I got some Autographs for friends from Michael Ironside and asked him for a photo with me and he was really nice. I wouldn't ask for photographs if I wouldn't buy an autograph either.

Bruce Boxleitner was also very sweet, I had three autographs for me and my friends personalized and a nice shot with me over the table (I had also a phototicket for him).

The piece of cake for me was clearly Paul McGann :D I've wanted to see him for ages! He is absolutely lovely, and we had a nice chat about "The Hanging Gale". Unfortunately, I found just AFTER the Con some really sweet pictures of him on the net :D so I hope to see him again some time :D

I did get some pics with guests without an autograph, But that was after chatting with them for awhile and I had also paid for proper photos and autographs with some of them already.

I was VERY lucky to get a photo with Peter just before he left, As did my daughter..But that was because we were there to get autographs.

LiSe x