and the award for best guest goes too?

dijon1322

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved all that I met, but I must say that David was the top one for me.

Charlie Weber was nice, I hadn't realized but without me asking for extra on my auto he wrote on my 8x10 of him that I had a pretty name. :firedevil:

Edited by bonniesrg

Alexander Siddig - was lucky enough to catch him just before he left on Saturday, and wouldn't have known he was ill. Nice chatty guy, at the desk and in the photoshoot too.

Jenny Cresswell - just a very nice person, one I'd been looking forward to meeting for a long time and she didn't disappoint. Seemed impressed with the photo I'd had made up ("Ooh, don't I look serious!") which was nice after the effort I'd put in, and...yeah. Chatty, friendly. Liked a lot.

Everyone I met really - although Davison did look like he'd rather watch paint dry. The Goodies always rock, Patrick Stewart was a gent for the brief moment I was in his presence. I was among the first to get to Sylvester McCoy, and he was quite chatty too. "How am I today? Ooh, er...ask me that again when I've woken up a bit more."

Ooh, and Robert Ross - not a guest, but he signed my copy of his Goodies book for free, which was nice.

I only got one Auto...

CHRISTOPHER LLOYD ;)

And he was simply adorable. So kind to my son

who was sort of hiding behind me. Christopher

must of recognised him from the photo shoot

coz he reached out to shake his hand too.

It made my sons day.

I hope SM brings him back. Top guest. lol

Claudia Black made me so happy ;) For some reason I was expecting a bit of a diva but she was fabulous! So sweet and down to earth, so friendly, and she seems very interested in what I (and others that I saw) had to say. I was made up after getting my photo signed by her :D

Charlie Weber, as i was lucky enough to co-judge the cosplay with him, down-to-earth, gentle, sweet and very funny guy. ;)

You rocked, Charlie! :D

(he wrote "you are a great judge" on my auto :poki: )

Alexander Siddig, as it's been a while i haven't been speechless in front of an actor.

But with him, i was litterally "mesmerized" :wub:

Hope he's ok....*crosses fingers*

Jason Mewes was in my opinion a legend , and should def be invited back!!

I got him to sign my Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back poster, and he also added a memorable quote from the film

"Internet ?? What the **** is the internet ? "

Will be interesting presenting that for any more guests that are invited ( which they should be ) from the film !

Patrick Stewart ( though was rushed ) laughed when I presented my Simpson's Stonecutter figure for signing and commented on how it was something different !

after meeting...

Ian whyte

Kenny baker

Deep roy

Pete postlethwaite

Carrie henn

Barbara coles

Brad dourif

Khan bonfils

Jason mewes

and Claudia black, i'd say its pretty hard to pick a 'best guest'

all of them were very polite, and a pleasure to meet, but Ian and Barbara stand out, due to the fact that they were very talkative and went into great detail about their experiences, i had a good five min chat with each of them. :wub:

All the guests I met including:

John Hurt

Tom Savini

Karen Allen

Christopher LLoyd

Charles Dance

Jason Mewes

John Landis

The Goodies

All Indy Guests

lorenzo Lamas

Deep Roy

Margot Kidder

Brad Dourif

Kenny Baker

And quite a few more.

Every single guest over the entire weekend were an absolute pleasure to meet - I did not have one negative experience with any of them. I have to add, I think certain guests (Landis, Mewes, Hurt, Kidder) were happier to be meeting us!

PS I want some of what Landis takes - that man was seriously happy the entire weekend!

PS I want some of what Landis takes - that man was seriously happy the entire weekend!

did'nt meet Landis, but while i was in mewes's line, i heard landis shout 'B*STARD' at the top of his voice lol god knows why :headscratch:

The person i was most glad to meet was Peter Davison (even though i did specifically go to meet Sylvester McCoy), the last time i met him the venue was awful and he was not in the best of moods, when i met him i said i was glad to have the chance again cause last time there was no time to talk, we then had a good old british moan about that venue etc etc, and although he did look uncomfortable when i asked for a photo it was still good, and i moved him out of my bad books as a result.

As for overall best guest, going from how much i enjoyed their talks, its a tie between Pete Postlethwaite and Jason Mewes

Edited by DocVader

Though I had no time to buy a photoshoot with her I got Karen Allen's autograph but she still managed to be so sweet :) I kind of freaked out in front of Charlie Weber (he's quite cute up close ^^;:YAHOO: however he was chatty, going on about how much he missed our kind of weather since moving from Missouri to LA and I couldn't reply so easily *so very embarrassed*. Sorry about that, mate. I'll try harder to say more to you. Christian Cooke was polite and sweet as well x3

I also met David Anders (he managed to smile even with the jetlag. Bless him!) the second time and didn't go weird in front of him as I did @ Eclipse. He's still the joker as ever and managed to comment on his signature on my photo, saying he only realised after signing that his "D" almost curled around Adam's sword XD

Edited by vash-chan

WE were there both days and everyone was lovely over the weekend. John Hurt was so nice and David Anders was really lively. Christopher LLoyd said that he was really enjoying himself. Every guest that we met was really nice and totally agree about Karen Allens smile - such a lovely genuine greeting for everybody. Good to meet Claudia at last too

John Landis looked to be having huge fun and on Sunday he was asking to have his photo taken with the Ghostbuster guys and the Klingon !!

Funniest thing though was the drunk woman trying to gatecrash John Hurts queue!! She was staggering with a pint in her hand saying 'but I just want to see him...!!!'. Well done to the crew guy for steering her away.

Great show :D

for me it was..........

john landis.... top bloke very funny and friendly!!

karen allen..... great smile and my little girl got a fantastic photo with her, made her day!!

tom savini...... pure legend of horror!!

carrie henn.... my little girls favourite film,was a great moment her meeting "newt" from aliens!!

overall a great day out!!

thank you showmasters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

God, this is a tough one! For me it is one of two people I saw a lot of over the weekend; Tom Savini & David Anders.

I chatted with Savini several times over the course of the weekend, remembered my name and always gave me a nod or a wave if he noticed me wandering around. Considering he has been an idol of mind for well over a decade, I couldn't really ask for more than that!

David Anders is just a class act. So kind and funny and gave a lot of time to myself and the other SArmy girls. He also gave me a smile whenever he saw me. Lovely person!

John Landis has now been adopted as my Fantasy Dad. How great was he?!

If anybody had more fun then me over the wekend then it was John Landis, I told him he never looked any older which he loved saying I was either a scholar and a gentleman or an idiot ( less so my follow on that of course it may be that he had looked 50 when he was 25 )

He loved you for that! He turned to me after you went, "What a nice guy!"

On behalf of John Landis, he thanks you ALL for coming to see him. He's only done a couple of shows in the US (which he found strange) and didn't really know what to expect in London but GENUINELY enjoyed himself and had a lot of fun meeting his fans. As for his tremendous energy... that's John! He's like that 24/7.

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. :D

I'm glad he had such a great time, I've been hoping to meet him for years but never thought I'd get the chance. I hope he comes back again sometime in the future.

Edited by Pompey87