and the award for best guest goes too?

dijon1322

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. :D

I interviewed him for a US horror magazine about Thriller last night... some of the stories, wowser!

Make sure you get the next issue of HorrorHound :D

On behalf of John Landis, he thanks you ALL for coming to see him. He's only done a couple of shows in the US (which he found strange) and didn't really know what to expect in London but GENUINELY enjoyed himself and had a lot of fun meeting his fans.

That's good to know. Hope he'll be back one day then. Was great to meet you too Paul. Sorry I didnt come back on Sunday and say bye, had a flight to catch straight after the Patrick Stewart talk.

On behalf of John Landis, he thanks you ALL for coming to see him. He's only done a couple of shows in the US (which he found strange) and didn't really know what to expect in London but GENUINELY enjoyed himself and had a lot of fun meeting his fans.

That's good to know. Hope he'll be back one day then. Was great to meet you too Paul. Sorry I didnt come back on Sunday and say bye, had a flight to catch straight after the Patrick Stewart talk.

No worries Nicky. Was great chatting with you. Twas a shame you didn't come over, I had the documentary on my laptop on Sunday :D

Margot Kidder was my first meet on Saturday, she was lovely.

Turns out she invited herself as she was coming over to see her niece so that is why she didnt have any helper, she wanted to earn some extra money so she could spend some distant time with her family. Which i thought was quite nice :D i then gave her £20 to which she asked if i had the right money, i said i didnt but she could keep the 5 as i thought she was going to be 20 anyway. she said that she couldnt do that i made sure she gave me my change before posing for a photo. Really lovely lady.

Got Jason Mewes, he was wicked. Signed 3 things for me including Bottoms Up which he has said he thinks he has only signed maybe 1 before, i pointed out the error on the back which he thought was pretty funny. I then asked who the better kisser was, Shannon Elizabeth or Paris Hilton, he said Paris as she seemed "more into it"

He was my main reason to go and i wasnt dissapointed. The talk Sunday was great too, got home that night a it came to me, Shia's internet handle in Transformers was Ladiesman (218 i think), need an email address for him, HA!

Paul Freeman was really nice, got Hot Fuzz signed and he asked who else had signed it, got a pic with him too.

John Landis was as great as everyone here has said, really happy guy.

Lorenzo Lamas was cool, met him for Renegade and we chatted breifly about how cool shows like that, Macgyver etc were, he was also cool for a photo.

Met Bill Oddie and Tim Brooke Taylor who were both really impressed with me getting Bananaman signed, dont get asked for that often so they were chatty. Tim said he had watched it again recently and forgot how funny it was. Another two photos...

Met Chris Lloyd, is was very softly spoken but said he was enjoying himself, didnt say much when signing BTTF or WFRR but chuckled at Suburban Commando... he said.. "aaah the hulk" couldve meant a lot by that HA!

Got photo shoots with Christopher and Jason and both were friendly cool and friendly then too.

Sunday my first port of call was Dave Anders photo shoot, he was super stoked at my Portland Trailblazers basketball jersey and was a but chatty, typically Dave. That carried on at the autograph table to where he signed my pic, "paul, portland rules". Great guy, really cool.

Met Dave Warner to for Tron and he was really pleasent and posed for photo's also.

Oh and met Casey Coller on Saturday, bought the comic and got that signed and i ordered a drawing of Optimus Prime with Jazz. went back on sunday where he remembered me and happily posed with the pic and me for a photo which is just incredible. great guy and amazing talent.

Great weekend all round. nothing bad to say.

I only met Alexander Siddig, John Hurt, John Landis and Pete Postlethwaite and I honestly could not choose a favourite as they were all equally fantastic to meet.

I'm so impressed by everyone's stories about the other guests too - everyone I know had such brilliant experiences with the likes of Jason Mewes and Chris Lloyd! Is this the first event in history where no-one's got a bad word to say about anyone? I hope so!

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. :WAVE:

I interviewed him for a US horror magazine about Thriller last night... some of the stories, wowser!

Make sure you get the next issue of HorrorHound :P

I didn't know you could get it sent to this country! I will do then, thanks for the heads up :WINCE:

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. :WAVE:

I'm glad he had such a great time, I've been hoping to meet him for years but never thought I'd get the chance. I hope he comes back again sometime in the future.

I was right behind you in the queue and he said to me that he'd had people all day saying that they'd been traumatised by Thriller. So I told him that I'd watched Trading Places and it had changed me in a different way, he asked how and I just said "Jamie Lee Curtis". He shook my hand and said "You're Welcome!" :WINCE:

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. ;)

I'm glad he had such a great time, I've been hoping to meet him for years but never thought I'd get the chance. I hope he comes back again sometime in the future.

I was right behind you in the queue and he said to me that he'd had people all day saying that they'd been traumatised by Thriller. So I told him that I'd watched Trading Places and it had changed me in a different way, he asked how and I just said "Jamie Lee Curtis". He shook my hand and said "You're Welcome!" :D

Lol Brilliant! I would say John Landis was a tie for best guest for me, along with Christopher Lloyd

! Is this the first event in history where no-one's got a bad word to say about anyone? I hope so!

I would have something bad to say about one guest, but i keep it to myself...

I've talked about it already with the staff:)

I think John Landis has to be the top guest for me too! He was brilliant and I finally got to tell him how he has scarred me for life thanks to Thriller. He then went on to call my mum a bitch and evil (to her face!) that she showed it to me when I was 4! We were both in hysterics, he even called security on her. It's nice to know the man himself is on my side. :YAHOO:

I was right behind you in the queue and he said to me that he'd had people all day saying that they'd been traumatised by Thriller. So I told him that I'd watched Trading Places and it had changed me in a different way, he asked how and I just said "Jamie Lee Curtis". He shook my hand and said "You're Welcome!" :chair:

HA! I'm glad he knows what Thriller has done to people then and I sympathise with those other fans. :blink:

Awesome guests this time round! Probably my favourite line up!!

I Met Pete Postlethwaits, who was a lovely, warm and friendly bloke, really humble and told me a little story about the elevator scene from The Usual Suspects.

Claudia Black - I LOVED her talk, makes such a nice change when a guest comes on stage and doesn't just launch straight into questions, but starts with a few interesting stories. I thought she was captivating on stage, very eloquent and good fun. I also liked the way she is obviously 'fan friendly', asking if people could hear, getting the mic turned up when it became apparant they couldn;t and then standing when she realised people at the back couldn't see so well. Fantastic guest.

Jason Mewes - another really fan friendly guy, who was up and down like a Jack in the Box taking pictures with people.

John Hurt - surprisingly humble and interesting, talked a little about V for Vendetta, very friendly

John Landis - really funny guy who stopped by our stall later and made a comment about a well known actress that had us tittering.

I hope the event was as successful for Showmasters as it deserved to be, they really pulled the stops out on this one and made an incredible event.

Hard to choose one, lots of brilliant guests!

Alexander Siddig- absolutely charming (wouldn't have known he was ill)

Claudia Black - sweet and friendly

Brad Dourif - a real professional

John Landis, John Hurt and Patrick Stewart- Legends!

Jason Mewes was my fave. I had a really nice chat with him and he was really funny. :lol:

Yea i thnk we held up the Q haha good job i know his lovely PA :lol:

I am proper lovely it's true.

And unbelievably modest with it!!! LOL :thumbup:

I liked David Anders - he was such a nice guy and really jokey too - and he kept pulling funny faces for my camera too (and a few nice shots too when I was at the table). I shook his hand and he was soo soo nice. I really hope he comes to another convention as I'd be there just to say hi again - he was just brilliant!!