and the award for best guest goes too?

dijon1322

My only gripe was John Landis, who insisted on dedicating on my American Werewolf DVD sleeve, next to my undedicated but lovely sigs by David Naughton and Jenny Agutter

On the whole though the best Com yet.

Are you shure he was insisting on dedicating, when I saw him he was sking everyone's name but I think that was more out of politeness rather than because he wanted to personalise. He certainly offered me the choice and the two chaps in front of me asked for non personalised which he did happily enough.

I thought he was an excellent guest, really seemed to make an effort with everyone, even coming up with different quotes for different films when he signed. I couldn't believe there wasn't more of a queue to see him!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Mewes easily for me. Didn't meet many, but he was by far the most chatty and very funny. I went overboard on him and got a fair bit of stuff signed plus a photoshoot.

I'm hoping for some more View Askew guests to come across now.

Please Showmasters :D

John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt John Hurt fantasic man and been my number one spot guy that i wanted t meet since i was like 12, he seem very happy to be invited to the event and to meet all of his fans. and he gave me a manly embrace. hehe

Margot was so nice....although was strange no-body was sitting with her....everybody else had someone sit with them

I wondered why Margot was on her own. The lack of anyone assisting her meant that we spent more time fiddling about with money than talking indepth about anything but she was charming and warm, very nice to meet.

I asked her why she was all alone, apparently she asked if she could turn up to the event, so she was sort of independant of the con ^__^

I personally cannot choose a favourite, all the guests where absolutely amazing through the weekend

Edited by cptalbertwesker

Updating from my posts on yesterdays meets I can absolutely say this years guests seemed to be the friendliest ever, over the 2 days I met 18 guests and not once did I walk away thinking he was a bit quiet / moody/ miserable etc. Pete Poselthwaite happily wrote I work for Keyzer Soze on my photo and posed for a photo, Tom Savini was charming and posed for a photo, David Warner is a true gent he wrote I Believe this ship may sink on my photo at my request posed for a photo and in response to my thanking him for his work over the years gave me a great wide mouthed but nearly silent thank you in a great old theatrical style. Anthony Higgins was good to meet I felt a bit sorry for him not being able to attend yesterday as he missed out the other Indy guests. Patrick Stewart ( or his team ) was rushing everyone through but he answered a couple of points I briefly put to him ( I told him I had been looking everywhere for a photo of him in Frasier but he said he'd never seen one ). If anybody had more fun then me over the wekend then it was John Landis, I told him he never looked any older which he loved saying I was either a scholar and a gentleman or an idiot ( less so my follow on that of course it may be that he had looked 50 when he was 25 ), I then told him I had always thought he would be ideal for an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and was amazed when he said Larry David had asked him to do one once but he had to decline as he was under contract to do some other work. I am sure everyone noticed John appeared for the Patrick Stewart talk and spent plenty of time photographing other guests and indeed attendees, it was great to see someone with such a body of work is as bigger fan and a geek as the rest of us.

Edited by mulderandmonkeys

David Anders for giving me a free auto :wub: Patrick S he was so nice asked how I was and thanked me for coming and glad I enjoyed x-men. Christopher was so nice talked about Adams family all 2 were legends and a pleasure to meet.

I don't think I could pick! I liked all my guests, was surprised by a few (better than I thought)... all round it was a good show! Upsed Sid cancelled, but I'd rather he feel better for this, cos it can't be nice for him, and it wouldn't make for a great meeting either. I look forward to seeing him again sometime soon :firedevil: