Heroes Signing

BluebizzieB

What a fab day.........Got all the sigs i wanted, even though it was a scrum getting the vq tickets...[thank god i did not take my daughter with me as i would have feared for her life.....it was quite scary really].

All the Heroes guest were great...Hayden, what a doll, so small but perfect and very sweet....[should not have sat her next to Dom as they kept chatting together all the time and some auto people were being a bit ignored]

Milo came across as a little shy but still had a smile and a word.

Adrian was super and so friendly with a big smile and quick chat......said to keep watching as its gonna get REALLY good.

Jack.....what a guy, so sweet and chatty, very friendly.

Now the gripe.....what the hell happenend at the Milo-Adrian photo shoot.....I will tell you.....they sold too many tickets.

In the end, as me and my sister were near the back, it was a farce. The poor guy taking the photos did not have time to even check if the pic he took was ok.

How many people are going to get duff photos because it was over sold....and i bet we will not get a refund if we have our eyes closed.

This should have been better organised and ticket numbers limited.... Even though we were near the back our ticket numbers were 50 something, so we were queuing for nearly 11/2 hours.

Saying that the guy incharge of the photo queue was great.

Just a quick other note ...i hope the Johnny and a girl i met in the photo line managed to get the hero autos with the spare vq tickets i had.

All in all a great day...and i big thanks to Dom who let me a sis give him a kiss during the photo op.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion of the day was that it was crazy, but I expected that!!

I thought all the Heroes guys were lovely, yes tired, yes blinded by the flashing lights in the photo booth etc, but everyone said thank you and seemed appreciative. They can't smile & laugh all day, I didn't and I didn't have 1000 photos taken of me!

To be honest, although I really apprecaite seeing them all and getting my auto & photos, I think the numbers available should be a lot lower, then you would get a decent amount of time with the people and they wouldn't be so tired / stressed. I really apprecaite the gesture in trying to get something for everyone, but personally I think less is more and although people woudl loose out, if you went in knowing only 200 photos would be taken or 200 autos given, then if you don't get one, you don't get one, but if you queue early, pay the money & do get one, at least you have a brilliant experience as opposed to feeling rushed about.

I am just grateful to have met them and as I say, they were all lovely :)

To be honest, although I really apprecaite seeing them all and getting my auto & photos, I think the numbers available should be a lot lower, then you would get a decent amount of time with the people and they wouldn't be so tired / stressed. I really apprecaite the gesture in trying to get something for everyone, but personally I think less is more and although people woudl loose out, if you went in knowing only 200 photos would be taken or 200 autos given, then if you don't get one, you don't get one, but if you queue early, pay the money & do get one, at least you have a brilliant experience as opposed to feeling rushed about.

I agree ! They should have done less photo sessions (maybe 250 at maximum?) and they should

have signed a bit less. I know people will always say that then some people will not meet them. But

take Hayden as an example : she signed for 200 who were really happy to meet her and then signed

for 500 others who for the most of them could not even have a blink or a hi, so that makes 500 people

unhappy or not too happy with the experience. The thing is that some people do a lot of effort to have

a low VT number and see the guests in good conditions. People that arrive at noon and pay less for

their entry cannot expect to have the same experience. Well, that's my opinion.

Mostly I'm upset and disappointed. I had had a good day (minus the pain) until towards the end. I had VTs for Adrian and Milo, but they were about 490 I think. So the photoshoot was first. So incredibly rushed. And then not to get the photo that day! Grr. It probably looks pants so I wanted to see it asap. Anywho, so then a while after, could get in the que for Milo, about 4:45 and by that time no personalisations which was fair enough. But a crew member pushed infront of me, between my niece and I. And she got a kind of personalisation then when it came to me Milo didn't even acknowledge my existence. Was slightly gutted to say the least. I keep going on about this but argh. My niece got a hi so it just makes me wonder if I really am invisible ;) So there was like 10 minutes left to get other autographs which I could now get in the ques for but I felt so upset I really didn't feel like it so it was such a waste of a day and money.

I have to reverse the order of events in my head to make me feel better so I'll end on a more positive note. In the photo session with Milo and Adrian, whilst it was so rushed and I don't think I registered Adrian's presence as I was rushed between the two, I managed to see Milo's face and get a smile which had made my day until my day was unmade lol. And I feel lucky for that as I was towards to end of the que and they must have been so tired and pissed off. If only I hadn't gone up for the autograph it would have been an ok day!

Oh well.

I hated every minute of yesterday, from leaving my house in Liverpool to getting back home, the train journey was a nightmare-Virgin trains,pile of bull! 5 hrs too late, so arrived at 3pm!! ;) Too late to do anything, there were sooooo many people, I felt like there was no point. I managed to rush round at 4.55 to meet dominic and hayden but felt like I'd wasted £80, I just had such a bad day but with having no conversation but a 'hello' from myself to the guests, I pray nothing like that will ever happen. It was madness! Please get the Heroes cast back so maybe we'll have a better chance of meeting them :) Billy West though was an absolute dream! Two thumbs up to that guy! x

For my first con i thought it was brilliant!! very busy for the heroes guests on the sunday! Met Dom Monaghan on the saturday but he was by far the most popular on the saturday i would say, still he was very nice! Also met Danny Dyer he is an absolute legend!! was very nice to me and i cought him again just as he was about to leave and got a photo with him! The Sunday was by far my favourite day went there for Milo and Adrian also for my Hayden photo! when i met Adrian i thanked him again for everything on friday and we chatted about how crazy it was! lol Then when i met Milo i apologised to him if i seemed rude on the friday at the eye and he said dont worry about it, it was crazy there, you were not rude at all! Which made me very happy! He seemed very up for talking with me which was great(i was in the first 200) Overall i would say my favourite guest was Milo, he was the main reason i went on the sunday! And it turned out amazingly! Thanks Showmasters, hope you can get him again!

it was a little manic, but Adrian and Milo were great. As was Jack. Hayden was a little quite, but i put that down to the idiot who came running down the empty queue next to us, shouting stuff at her, and i think he threw something at her as well.

a little disappointed crewers were stopping to taking photos in the queue, but i have managed to get a few photos of all the heroes guests. i put it on another thread but http://www.myspace.com/disneymad1970 is where you'll find them!

what happened with Hayden in the end was ridiculous. I could only meet her at 16:20 despite the fact I had VT #277 :lol: .

I got to meet Hayden just before 4pm and I had a VT of 380, the crew member wasn't updating the board at the end of the queue but getting some guy to shout out what number she was up to and it was 420. This was very wrong especially as some people were far away and kept checking back with the board. AT first we did this until we asked what number they were up to to find out it was 420!!!!! Its not that hard to update the board at the end of the queue. Every other crew member managed to do it with their line. Also it was a bit unfair that people where allowed to hang round at the end of the queue to see if they could be slotted in. Really anyone who wasn't in the queue should be moved right away and not block the entrance. When we realised our number was up we had to put our way through people to get into the signing queue.

i had a fantastic time meeting them i thought all of them were really nice constantly smiling and especially milo and adrian were very talkative and seemed pleased to be there. didnt get the chance to get an autograph from jack coleman but he seemed really nice aswell

Because i told very often that Showmaster did a very good job, i think i have the right to tell when they did bad job... and this week-end it was bad, so i tell it... :dance::chair:

And i think it's better for SM to recognize when they did mistake and to try to understand these mistakes instead to tell that it's the responsability of the actors or World Tour staff... Soon we will hear perhaps that it's the responsability of attendees ? :dance:

My contact with Dominic Monaghan was not extraordinary and it's not the responsability of SM. But for Hayden, i think so... Of course the demand for Hayden was very high... i agree, that's why i tell that SM must have limited the VT tickets... It would be better that fewer people had tickets but people who had ticket have a great contact with Hayden. I don't want to say that i meet hayden, i just want to say that I saw her, because she did not see me and we can't call that a meeting... So i don't know if my 4 seconds i spent with Hayden are better than not to see her. And people who did not see her don't pay £20 (or £40 like me). I could buy autograph on ebay for $10... So a lot of people wanted to meet her, but when you pay £20, you have right to be treated respectful... Of course people who don't meet her moaned that she was going too slow, but perhaps a lots of people who received a VT should have not... Aren't you believing that so much VT have been given ?

We are not only good to give SM our money !!! It's to easier to tell that SM has no responsability !

I told that i think it's the responsability of SM, because whe you saw Hayden at 4.30 PM, i'm not sure that SHE wanted this situation. If she wanted, she could say STOP, but she hasn't done it for all people who were there for her. So i think that to tell that organizers have no responsability is certainly easier...SM has just been overtaken... We are coming to LFCC, actors are coming and it's the job of SM to make that all's happened good...

but what happened with Hayden in the end was ridiculous. I could only meet her at 16:20 despite the fact I had VT #277 :dance: .

I agree 100%... :poki:

Edited by sebastianillyria

My biggest disappointment is the fact that the Cast Shot I picked up from Adrian's table is bigger than 10x8 and won't fit in the darned protector I bought it.

I'd say I was "lucky" and managed to get all the autos and sigs I wanted but it wasn't so much a case of luck as being at Earls Court for 7am and being prepared to spend the afternoon going from one queue to another - and not eating of course!

to be honest i got to speak more with hayden in the photoshoot than i did at her signing. she was lovely. always smiling and giggling. jack coleman was such a gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. i didnt realise how tall he was though til the photoshoot! milo was tired as is understandable but he still seemed happy enough to sign for the people waiting. adrian looked abit miffed cos some guy before mustve bought like 30 autos probably just to sell on. so we joked about it abit. then i commented on his fruit. oh and his suit. seemed to cheer him up abit which can only be a good thing. i had been wanting to meet these people all weekend so i wasnt going to moan at the situation whatever the outcome. said thanks and take care as i always do and they said same back so they were still definately polite. a total pleasure. was gutted my poster looks abit rubbish compared to some of the pictures/prints/posters people had found elsewhere to get signed :dance:

• Moderators

Because i told very often that Showmaster did a very good job, i think i have the right to tell when they did bad job... and this week-end it was bad, so i tell it... :dance::dance:

And i think it's better for SM to recognize when they did mistake and to try to understand these mistakes instead to tell that it's the responsability of the actors or World Tour staff... Soon we will hear perhaps that it's the responsability of attendees ? :dance:

My contact with Dominic Monaghan was not extraordinary and it's not the responsability of SM. But for Hayden, i think so... Of course the demand for Hayden was very high... i agree, that's why i tell that SM must have limited the VT tickets... It would be better that fewer people had tickets but people who had ticket have a great contact with Hayden. I don't want to say that i meet hayden, i just want to say that I saw her, because she did not see me and we can't call that a meeting... So i don't know if my 4 seconds i spent with Hayden are better than not to see her. And people who did not see her don't pay £20 (or £40 like me). I could buy autograph on ebay for $10... So a lot of people wanted to meet her, but when you pay £20, you have right to be treated respectful... Of course people who don't meet her moaned that she was going too slow, but perhaps a lots of people who received a VT should have not... Aren't you believing that so much VT have been given ?

We are not only good to give SM our money !!! It's to easier to tell that SM has no responsability !

I told that i think it's the responsability of SM, because whe you saw Hayden at 4.30 PM, i'm not sure that SHE wanted this situation. If she wanted, she could say STOP, but she hasn't done it for all people who were there for her. So i think that to tell that organizers have no responsability is certainly easier...SM has just been overtaken... We are coming to LFCC, actors are coming and it's the job of SM to make that all's happened good...

OK, firstly you can pay $10 for an autograph on eBay, but I'd much rather pay for an autograph in-person so I know for sure that it's real. That's a big thing for autograph collectors.

I don't know what the crew members in that area were saying, but once the queue tickets are getting high then attendees should be told that their chances of meeting the guest aren't guaranteed. Then if they choose to take a ticket, they're fully aware of the situation and that's their choice.

I'm not saying that the organisers don't have a responsibility, but the guests DO have certain wishes and demands too, so unless anyone is sat with the guests 24-7 and know contract details etc then it's unfair to be placing the blame specifically on anyone, whether it be a guest or the organisers.

Obviously things were not perfect and there can be improvements at future events. Hopefully everyone can learn from this one.

At first when Milo signed my photo he didn't even say hello or look up, because his agent had come over and told him some guy was coming round (who was obviously important/rich; anyone know who he was?). So he signed it then said to boyfriend who was next, I'll be one second. He went and chatted with this guy ( and had his photo taken with him. Then came back and was talking to my bf, so I chatted with him a bit then. I'm glad my bf was after me and I could stay and talk to him otherwise I would've been really disappointed!

My overall feelings on the day were that it was awful. We bought the Early Bird tickets but were in quite a queue even at 8.40am. We got let in at 10am and people were all chaotically running to get tickets for the autographs (which was a terrible mess of a crowd). They could have handed the numbers out on entry, which may have slowed getting inside down but resulted in a lot less hassle indoors.

My friend had number 500 for Hayden, I believe, at 10.30am. What was the point it us buying an Early Bird ticket? She barely managed to get a signature before we had to get our coach home - she received it at about 4pm! She was told by the crew not to talk to Hayden after saying she hoped she'd had a nice birthday. What?!

I was pleased with the photoshoot queue though, it seemed to retain some surprising orderliness and moved swiftly. Hayden spoke to me and seemed really nice (and tiny even though she was a little taller than me!).

Collecting the photos was a bad experience too. The crew tried to keep a queue but alot of the people seemed to be unfamiliar with that concept. I was close to the front and still had to wait ages as nobody seemed to be moving. They should have kept the photos together in groups in the order they were taken. We had codes for them, so why weren't they utilised? Anyway, I managed to get my photo after pointing it out from a distance.

Overall, I was disappointed that from 3 days in London (coming from Yorkshire) I only came home with a photo of me and Hayden. I've been a huge fan of Heroes even months before it began in the US so I'd really hoped for more. I was initially disappointed Zachary Quinto couldn't make it as he is by far my favourite, but now I'm glad he didn't - I'd hate to associate him with such a stressful day.

4/10. Mostly because Hayden seemed really nice. The constant queuing was a disappointment - I spent all day in queues and wasted my money on the Early Bird ticket.

Edited by Lenatalia

Had a lovely hour-long queue for both Hayden and Milo/Adrian's photoshoots, the first being better as people were talking to me as opposed to bitching about me (But we'll not go into that now).

Got a bit annoyed with the Milo signing, as he stopped at 550....And I was 551 :D Ah well, that's life.

Could've been better, but I've never been to something like this before, so I don't know what it's normally like. From what I've heard from people who went, it could've been handled better, but still. Got my Hayden autograph and photo, both of which I've waited for since I saw her in Tiger Cruise in 2004. But can't help feeling they overworked her, because she's too nice - 1,100 autographs and 400 photos from what I heard.

Edited by JennJenn

Considering it was my first convention i was very lucky to meet two of the heroes cast. I could have met Milo as my ticket was coming up but i had to leave:(

First got their there was a massive que but managed to get VT tickets in 300's and 400's apart from Hayden's she was 700. Managed to meet Jack Coleman a very nice friendly guy chated for about a minute with me and i got my picture personalised and i shook his hand. Met Adrian as well after 4 he was no longer doing personalisation which was a shame but i chatted to him. He was also incredibly friendly i got a smile and i never realsied how cute the guy actually was lol. Overall good first experience for me definitely go to another convention

i had a photo with Hayden and she was very pleasant. But as when i finally got an auto she had her back to me chatting to someone and then waved her hand and said thanks you guys i just thought that was very rude. concidering your paying £20 for that.

I got to meet Hayden just before 4pm and I had a VT of 380, the crew member wasn't updating the board at the end of the queue but getting some guy to shout out what number she was up to and it was 420. This was very wrong especially as some people were far away and kept checking back with the board. AT first we did this until we asked what number they were up to to find out it was 420!!!!! Its not that hard to update the board at the end of the queue. Every other crew member managed to do it with their line. Also it was a bit unfair that people where allowed to hang round at the end of the queue to see if they could be slotted in. Really anyone who wasn't in the queue should be moved right away and not block the entrance. When we realised our number was up we had to put our way through people to get into the signing queue.

I have to point out respectfully that as crew, as soon as we realised the situation we were faced with in the Heroes area and specifically Hayden, it was all hands on deck. I was the girl in the hat at the end of Hayden's queue, dealing with tickets, problems, questions of which there were many and constant, and just trying to help people in general have a good day with help from my colleagues.....at one point towards the end of the day we had 3 pit bosses as well as myself doing our best to ensure everyone could make it through and meet the person they'd come to see, namely Hayden. Obviously the VQ board at the end of the queue is important therefore I kept it updated whilst everything else was going on, and even though I had to leave my post on a couple of occasions (with other crew filling in of course) on my return I'd ask for an update and carry on accordingly. In the latter part of the day which coincided with one of those occasions, I came back to realise one of our pit bosses had gathered everyone waiting together just a little away from the end of the queue where I was standing, to keep the area clear and ensure their numbers, which is when I checked with him what numbers we were up to and again, updated the VQ board. It was happening quite fast at that point but as quickly as it happened and I could ascertain the number, I put it up....meanwhile bearing in mind I was still being approached with questions and problems that needed attention. Unless it's something I'm unaware of that board was not abandoned or forgotten by me during the day...and everyone working in that area, including Gemma and John (the two pit bosses wearing red t-shirts) did their best to work with and speak to the numerous people waiting for Hayden in that area to make sure everyone was ok.

I appreciate it was hard for people waiting and understand that sometimes that can make perspectives a bit different, but the crew worked very hard to make it happen, it was a non-stop day with very large numbers of people that we wanted to see going away happy, and speaking personally I can only hope my efforts went a way towards achieving that.

EDIT

I forgot to mention that as most of the crew are fans of one type or another so understand how it feels and therefore want to make it as enjoyable as possible....or in some cases at the end of the day just possible. I love Heroes myself and though I count myself lucky to have paid for and had a brief photoshoot with the guys there was no chance to meet any of them properly, but that's how it works...so look forward to hopefully seeing Hayden and the others return at somepoint to be able to have the precious minutes of 'fan time' with everybody else :D

Edited by roxy

i had a photo with Hayden and she was very pleasant. But as when i finally got an auto she had her back to me chatting to someone and then waved her hand and said thanks you guys i just thought that was very rude. concidering your paying £20 for that.

I had a great day but the heroes chaos was stressfull by 3pm for me. When i finally saw Hayden she did not even look at me, i think she said hi and she just very quickly signed my 3 items and sat back in the chair.

I paid £60 for that and wanted to get at least eye contact and a a little hello or something. I hope she attends another Showmasters event (not MK as i can not get there).

Overall it was a good show (apart from the venue-too dark).

I met all the guests i wanted even Patrick which i thought was impossible.

I just thought that Hayden experience was TOOO fast, hand over the items signed moved on, before i knew it i was carrying my items away. :D

I had to change my coach ticket to a later time (cost me more money to change it) because i was still waiting for Hayden and the lost but found hayden photo which turned up at 5pm.

Chaos and over crowding.

Better venue please next time and please separate the BIG STARS next time.

Edited by BluebizzieB

At first when Milo signed my photo he didn't even say hello or look up, because his agent had come over and told him some guy was coming round (who was obviously important/rich; anyone know who he was?). So he signed it then said to boyfriend who was next, I'll be one second. He went and chatted with this guy ( and had his photo taken with him. Then came back and was talking to my bf, so I chatted with him a bit then. I'm glad my bf was after me and I could stay and talk to him otherwise I would've been really disappointed!

I suspect that was the Sultan of Brunai's son. I saw him meeting Dom like that on Saturday. I didnt recognise him at first and thought "who the heck is that getting special treatment" but when I realized who he was (after hearing he was there) it made sense, since he IS the son of the richest man in the world lol.

I suspect that was the Sultan of Brunai's son. I saw him meeting Dom like that on Saturday. I didnt recognise him at first and thought "who the heck is that getting special treatment" but when I realized who he was (after hearing he was there) it made sense, since he IS the son of the richest man in the world lol.

doesn't make him any special in my books,his S**T still comes out the same place as everyone else's! :D