Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Maybe some romance (you know, to keep the ladies interested)? Hmm, let me think, let me think.

Ok, so, right, in the underground resistance's underground bunker, we suddenly hear a crackle on the radio Mae has built from parts of a toaster. It's not clear, but it's a voice asking for help. Surely we can't risk exposing ourselves for the sake of one person? And what if it's a trap? 

The bravest member of the underground resistance - let's say me - goes on a potentially deadly mission to find and rescue the mystery person. Turns out it's Taylor Swift and she falls in madly love with me. We have a passionate romance. Then she writes an album about me. It's pretty dark, but sells well.

I like that I'm the tech expert in this. Also what a twist!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just shows you how fickle most of those animals are. Family? Pah, Family sticks together through the good times and the bad. Not that lot. The cons dry up, and they disappear off to their fanc

Now I'm waiting for the reveal that Swift was working in league with the villains the entire time, but through her time spent with Nate she comes to realise that romance was all she wanted in life and

So Swift, Nate, Mae, Dalek and 2 Capaldi spirits rise up to destroy Roy and Ron. Except in the sequel we discover that Roy and Ron are still alive. Dalek has betrayed his friends. The good guys need to muster all the support they can. Who is willing to join this brave group of freedom fighters? Who will live, who will die? Find out in the third part of the trilogy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

THERE ARE NO CAPALDI SPIRITS.

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

So Swift, Nate, Mae, Dalek and 2 Capaldi spirits rise up to destroy Roy and Ron. Except in the sequel we discover that Roy and Ron are still alive. Dalek has betrayed his friends. The good guys need to muster all the support they can. Who is willing to join this brave group of freedom fighters? Who will live, who will die? Find out in the third part of the trilogy. 

The destruction of Ron is supposed to be the climax of book 3 - the ultimate happy ending. We have to build up an evil air of invincibility about him first otherwise it won't mean as much.

That's not to say there can't be extra books, hastily written to cash in on the phenomenal success of the first three. Hopefully not prequels though.

 

I am very much on board with @The Friendly Dalek's idea of my love being strong enough to bring Swifty to the side of good. Perhaps too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

 

The destruction of Ron is supposed to be the climax of book 3 - the ultimate happy ending. We have to build up an evil air of invincibility about him first otherwise it won't mean as much.

Are there supposed to be spoilers yet?

Edited by maegurwen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinhead1987 said:

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

With how things are still, I would personally advise not booking anything until the last possible moment, we still don’t know what the situation at the event will be like for photo shoots and autographs and things, while July is quite a while away we still can’t predict the future, it’s an expensive thing to put money into and you want to have a good memory of it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pinhead1987 said:

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

Yeah, unfortunately no one can really advise on what the chances of it going ahead are, as we simply don't know what the situation will be like in 6 months.  I think you can reasonably say anything booked before summer probably won't happen, but again, none of us really know.  Personally I think that until a significant number of the population have been vaccinated you can assume large events won't happen, and as it's going to take a while for them to get to the 16 - 59 and not vulnerable members of the populace, it's going to be a while still.

The good thing is though that if you are saving you are prepared either way.  If you do want to book, make sure you look at the covid terms of every company you buy with as many of them do have policies now - however this may be vouchers to use later in most cases and you need to know their cancellation/postponement policies to see what qualifies - for example, will an airline allow you to rebook later if the flight you are booked on still fly's but the event you are going to isn't?  Also if you have money tied up in lots of vouchers, there's no guarantee the companies will still exist when it all gets back to normal.

I think what Green said is sensible, wait and keep an eye on things.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi groovy guys, happy new year. And yes I tink its probably best to leave most planning til closer to the event, however me and my friend have been listing what we want to do this year and only buying entry ticket (and that is it!) at the most appropiate times when they have been giving us good news.

Having said that, although that might b slightly jumping the gun, personally I think events can start as early as April as long as they are done at reduced capacity. Reason I say this I receive e-mails from the ATG theatres website and most of the shows r due to re-start mid-late April. I feel since some sporting events were allowed to allow fans last month we are not far off from doing them properly. I was lucky enough to c a local panto before it was cut short so some friends who were going to c were groovily not happily. Basically I would welcome the government forcing organisers not allowing on-the-day-ticket-sales and only doing pre-orders, and they should sell up between 1 half to 2 3rds revenue, but organisators must also put a deadline for ticket-orders about a few days/week before the event. I think they should stop sales earlier if they go higher than they're supposed to. And then all masks stuff applies.

Anway, fingers crossed we can resume stuff like this soon!! I enjoy paaaartying with others more than on my own!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, Pinhead1987 said:

Hello I'm looking to attend in 2021 and I'd like to start saving and getting things prepped but with recent announcements I'm not sure if it's safe to commit as I live in Ireland so there's alot on the line, my question is...does anyone have a rough idea on the chances this event will still happen if not will their be refunds ? Sorry if this has been asked i did check previous comments but didn't see this being asked so I thought to take that step. 

Hey, Pin, in the same boat here, and haven’t booked anything yet. Don’t want to commit to anything yet for it to be postponed again. Had been thinking along the same lines as what's been posted already: not booking anything till we’re sure it’ll go ahead, and even if we do, looking down the possible refund route for flights & hotel in case postponement happens and we’re cancelling our trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Hi groovy guys, happy new year. And yes I tink its probably best to leave most planning til closer to the event, however me and my friend have been listing what we want to do this year and only buying entry ticket (and that is it!) at the most appropiate times when they have been giving us good news.

Having said that, although that might b slightly jumping the gun, personally I think events can start as early as April as long as they are done at reduced capacity. Reason I say this I receive e-mails from the ATG theatres website and most of the shows r due to re-start mid-late April. I feel since some sporting events were allowed to allow fans last month we are not far off from doing them properly. I was lucky enough to c a local panto before it was cut short so some friends who were going to c were groovily not happily. Basically I would welcome the government forcing organisers not allowing on-the-day-ticket-sales and only doing pre-orders, and they should sell up between 1 half to 2 3rds revenue, but organisators must also put a deadline for ticket-orders about a few days/week before the event. I think they should stop sales earlier if they go higher than they're supposed to. And then all masks stuff applies.

Anway, fingers crossed we can resume stuff like this soon!! I enjoy paaaartying with others more than on my own!

On top of this it would b great to c everybody have a sense of optimism and enthusiasm towards events. Ideally I and my friend still don't want to c people claiming/predicting stuff is like 'not gonna happen'. It's just not needed any more! I think we may b getting back to a sense of normality by May

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

On top of this it would b great to c everybody have a sense of optimism and enthusiasm towards events. Ideally I and my friend still don't want to c people claiming/predicting stuff is like 'not gonna happen'. It's just not needed any more! I think we may b getting back to a sense of normality by May

It would be nice to be optimistic but it doesn't hurt to be practical. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, natedammit said:

But it's also a solid basis for a surprisingly successful series of YA novels that get optioned for a trilogy of films, of which the first one is so poorly received the sequels never materialise.

Called it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...