General Chat

Wrong Name

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's what I get for skim reading 3 pages of posts, I didn't even see Bat had said the same.  It's not a question of anything being libellous Michael, it's generally fine to say things like 'i think your guest list blows another certain big company out of the water' but it's against forum rules to discuss other events and as Bat said you gave enough details for the event to be looked up which is definitely a no no I'm afraid.   Even though you didn't mean it that way it's giving out enough info for people to look up a competitor.

Gotcha... All understood and corrected, so hopefully it reads a bit better now! :coolthumb:

Edited by MichaelJG

36 minutes ago, MichaelJG said:

I'll stand by it - I haven't said anything libellous and I've just pointed out how good the LFCC guests are compared to other events. I'm not exactly advertising the other one in any kind of positive light - I'll trust that anyone reviewing it will look on my comment reasonably, until I see otherwise. :D

It's not about libel. The forum rules simply say you can't discuss other events. If we'd go strictly by the rules even what's left of your post falls under that rule. But you tried and I'll close both eyes.  ;)

One of the other reasons for that rule is that other Organisers came on or sent people on and tried to raise awareness for their events by asking seemingly harmless questions like 'hey, are the autograph signings run the same way as Event X?'

• Like 2

The gremlins that killed of the other thread were Stuart and me.

Unfortunately despite us hiding countless posts and telling people to stop people kept posting, and not only about announcements, but about other stuff that violated the forum rules too. We couldn't keep up anymore and decided to hide everything. 

I'm extremely disappointed by some of you on here. We try to be lenient and explain forever and then find more post where users clearly violate the forum rules on purpose. 

I have already sent out warnings, and frankly, if you drag this in here there will be more. I was told I have the patience of a saint repeatedly, but after those little stunts said Saint has gone on holiday now.

• Like 3