General Chat

Wrong Name

10 minutes ago, Broo said:

Oh that would be all kinds of awesome to get it early like that, but given that there sounds to be a good amount of announcements still to be made I'm thinking it'll be later :)

Plus, if I remember correct there will be changes in the layout and additions to the photo areas. I believe we will see some changes this year, and the use of extra space.

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Plus, if I remember correct there will be changes in the layout and additions to the photo areas. I believe we will see some changes this year, and the use of extra space.

Yup! Exciting! :)

I couldn't find a specific YALC thread, so I'll ask here. 

I've just seen that Carrie Hope Fletcher has been announced as a YALC guest. I loved her in War Of The Worlds last year, so I'd love to get my tour programme signed by her. I have a couple of questions though. Do YALC guests sign things other than their books, or do I have to get a book signed as well? Also, would she be charging for autos? If she is busy, since she's sunday only, will they give out vq tickets, or do YALC have their own system? 

Thanks. :thumbup:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've just seen that Carrie Hope Fletcher has been announced as a YALC guest. I loved her in War Of The Worlds last year, so I'd love to get my tour programme signed by her. I have a couple of questions though. Do YALC guests sign things other than their books, or do I have to get a book signed as well? Also, would she be charging for autos? If she is busy, since she's sunday only, will they give out vq tickets, or do YALC have their own system? 

I am interested too of same reason. :dance:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Maybe we can complete them one day. I imagine Jason Donovan would be the easiest of the rest to get without going to concerts held by the cast members. 

He is soon doing Josef..dreamcoat at West End, a possible chance. Liam Neeson will be the hard one

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

He is soon doing Josef..dreamcoat at West End, a possible chance. Liam Neeson will be the hard one

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think Liam's ever done a convention before, so he would certainly be the hardest to get. Maybe SM can help us out and announce him on Friday. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've never been to YALC either, so hopefully we can get to meet her. I should have asked tomorrow, cause no one's gonna be here to answer my questions now. :lol:

I have actually been to the yalc section A couple of times. Entry for non yalc ticket holders is at 11am and vice versa.

Edited by maegurwen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I think they are like the comic guys, most will sign for free and will sign other stuff but don't take the Michael.  I know in the past when they have had big name authors they have had to be stricter - last year they tom Fletcher from McFly with his books and it was strictly signing books only and nothing else and he might have been ticketed.  It might be best to contact the Yalc people directly as they would be best placed to know.

Other people on the Yalc twitter post about her are saying they are taking programmes if that helps.

Contact info http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/zones/yalc

7 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

The good mods will see this, either @Queen_Sindel or @StuartG2198 

And as QS keeps reminding me, tagging her doesn't work, if you need her attention (at a more acceptable hour :P), report your post.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I think they are like the comic guys, most will sign for free and will sign other stuff but don't take the Michael.  I know in the past when they have had big name authors they have had to be stricter - last year they tom Fletcher from McFly with his books and it was strictly signing books only and nothing else and he might have been ticketed.  It might be best to contact the Yalc people directly as they would be best placed to know.

Other people on the Yalc twitter post about her are saying they are taking programmes if that helps.

Contact info http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/zones/yalc

And as QS keeps reminding me, tagging her doesn't work, if you need her attention (at a more acceptable hour :P), report your post.

Seperate entry to YALC? So, the LFCC tickets arent valid?

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

They are valid but each event has priority access to their own area, so Yalc can't get into LFCC until an hour after opening and the same for LFCC into Yalc

6 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Not before 11 AM as stated a few Posts above yours.

There have been VQ tickets handed out for really busy guests in the past. Unfortunately while I am up the Office still has to Reply to me, so I can't answer anything else Right now, sorry.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Not before 11 AM as stated a few Posts above yours.

There have been VQ tickets handed out for really busy guests in the past. Unfortunately while I am up the Office still has to Reply to me, so I can't answer anything else Right now, sorry.

I am freshly awake and my mind is not with me :lol: so must have missed that post. Not before 11? Ok, then I know. Thanks!

16 hours ago, natedammit said:

Oh, that's very similar to my tattoo: 'Hovis non sufficit'. If you just ate bread, it would be rubbish, so you need to put stuff in the bread like ham or cheese or ham and cheese.

It's a metaphor for life.

Can I just say that this post was amazing and you all let yourselves down by not appreciating it.