General Chat

Wrong Name

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Be brilliant if it did happen but.....

and I hate to be the one to put a downer on this - The Sun newspaper (using the term news very loosely) does tend to be very unreliable for the validity of it's articles. 

A one off special would be more likely than a full series. 

Here's hoping :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Be brilliant if it did happen but.....

and I hate to be the one to put a downer on this - The Sun newspaper (using the term news very loosely) does tend to be very unreliable for the validity of it's articles. 

A one off special would be more likely than a full series. 

Here's hoping :thumbup:

Well, Stephen Fry recently mention it in a radio interview so maybe that paper made a story out of that. And according to that interview it wasnt the first meeting. I have not heard it but what I understand it is very much was was written in the paper.

9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, Stephen Fry recently mention it in a radio interview so maybe that paper made a story out of that. And according to that interview it wasnt the first meeting. I have not heard it but what I understand it is very much was was written in the paper.

I'd certainly watch it. Fingers crossed it happens. :D

Now that I've (for the moment, at least) finalised this, I think it might be interesting to talk about it. I remember recently people were sharing spreadsheets and stuff about the guests they are seeing. I have a completely different thing which I do, which I haven't seen anyone else do, so I'm curious as to wether or not anyone esle likes this idea.

Basically I create an image collage (such as the one below) of the guests I will be hopefully meeting at LFCC. I print a copy of it off for me to take to the event. I then tick the people off once I see them. I put one tick on their image if I get a VQ for that person. I add another tick if I successfully get their autograph. If I get a photo shoot, that also gets a tick. So some people could be ticked off three times if I manage to get both a photo and auto with them. I like this method because it allows me to easily keep track of who I've got and what I still need to get. What do you guys think of this? I've been doing it since LFCC 2016 so I know it works for me, but I haven't seen anyone else do something like this. 

65559415_2486398861442267_7341196485893029888_n

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Now that I've (for the moment, at least) finalised this, I think it might be interesting to talk about it. I remember recently people were sharing spreadsheets and stuff about the guests they are seeing. I have a completely different thing which I do, which I haven't seen anyone else do, so I'm curious as to wether or not anyone esle likes this idea.

Basically I create an image collage (such as the one below) of the guests I will be hopefully meeting at LFCC. I print a copy of it off for me to take to the event. I then tick the people off once I see them. I put one tick on their image if I get a VQ for that person. I add another tick if I successfully get their autograph. If I get a photo shoot, that also gets a tick. So some people could be ticked off three times if I manage to get both a photo and auto with them. I like this method because it allows me to easily keep track of who I've got and what I still need to get. What do you guys think of this? I've been doing it since LFCC 2016 so I know it works for me, but I haven't seen anyone else do something like this. 

That looks like a really good idea. Guess we've all got a system that works for us. What do you do about knowing what time to go for a photo etc?

Impressive looking list btw :coolthumb:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

That looks like a really good idea. Guess we've all got a system that works for us. What do you do about knowing what time to go for a photo etc?

Impressive looking list btw :coolthumb:

As far as a photo schedule goes, I just write down on a separate piece of paper where and when the shoot is. Nothing too special for that. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

As far as a photo schedule goes, I just write down on a separate piece of paper where and when the shoot is. Nothing too special for that. :lol:

My whole schedule will be on paper. Nothing as impressive as having guest photos. But I do like to mark things off as I do them. Good to know where I've been and where I still need to go. :laugh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I hate to drag up bad memories but please write down the correct times for this one, I’d hate to hear you missed a photo shoot again, nothing worse than paying all that money and missing it 

Just now, GreenArrow2046 said:

I hate to drag up bad memories but please write down the correct times for this one, I’d hate to hear you missed a photo shoot again, nothing worse than paying all that money and missing it 

I'm being extra, extra careful with this one, you've got nothing to worry about, but I do appreciate it. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That looks interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

Something like that yes, but hopefully without the rain and also without the necessity to wear body armour....

You know Kurda... with us looking like this outside, they will need armour: :rolleyes:

tenor.gif?itemid=7270505

Edited by Chris1970
  • Haha 1