General Chat

Wrong Name

20 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I have a YALC question. I've just noticed that Ben Aaronovitch is listed as a YALC guest. He was a writer on Doctor Who during the McCoy era in the 80s. I've never been to the YALC area before. Do YALC guests sign items other than their books, or is it only book signings that they do? Also, do YALC guests charge for autographs?

On a similar subject, do comic guests charge as well?

Let me check with our YALC people. Ben has been before, so they should be able to answer that. 

YALC guests normally don't charge. Comic Guests normally will charge for sketches only, but Rob Liefield is charging for signatures this year.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Let me check with our YALC people. Ben has been before, so they should be able to answer that. 

YALC guests normally don't charge. Comic Guests normally will charge for sketches only, but Rob Liefield is charging for signatures this year.

That's brilliant, thank you. :D

I'm hoping to get some old Doctor Who books signed by Jeff Cummins and Chris Achilleos, but as they aren't comics I wasn't sure if I'd be charged or not. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

29 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

That's brilliant, thank you. :D

I'm hoping to get some old Doctor Who books signed by Jeff Cummins and Chris Achilleos, but as they aren't comics I wasn't sure if I'd be charged or not. 

I'll ask about those as well. I am pretty sure Chris has been in the past.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

My day's been alright. How has your day been? :D

1 hour ago, Broo said:

I'm glad it's the evening ;) how's your day been? :)

it's been fine.

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Stuck in work all day in this weather so yep, fantastic. lol

Oh no! Hope you get to enjoy the weather soon.

Omg John Barrowman is literally walking around Nottingham a few streets away from me he keeps putting stuff on his Instagram and I’ve just seen his Range Rover near my hotel so I’m pretty sure he’s staying at the same hotel as me! Maybe I might bump into him before the show! :dance:

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Omg John Barrowman is literally walking around Nottingham a few streets away from me he keeps putting stuff on his Instagram and I’ve just seen his Range Rover near my hotel so I’m pretty sure he’s staying at the same hotel as me! Maybe I might bump into him before the show! :dance:

Message him back and invite him for a coffee in the hotel

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you do!

Reminds me, last year at lfcc we were staying at the same hotel as Sean Young. I helped her work out the best route for her journey for when the weekend finished, and she and my mum ended up chatting for ages and exchanging numbers/emails. She was very nice :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Knock on his door and ....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Broo said:

Reminds me, last year at lfcc we were staying at the same hotel as Sean Young. I helped her work out the best route for her journey for when the weekend finished, and she and my mum ended up chatting for ages and exchanging numbers/emails. She was very nice :)

And there was me thinking I was special for getting your Mum's number.

32 minutes ago, Broo said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you do!

I'm suddenly self conscious that I said something unintentionally hilarious now... sorry... *hides*