The rush to queue?

Technically there's nothing stopping you from going there now (except maybe the police if you're planning to spend the week on the street), but the door opening times to be let into the queue hall are:

Friday - 8:30am

Saturday - 7am

Sunday - 8am

It's up to you what time you get there though. I know some people like to get there at silly o'clock.

Ooo I'll have company - it's been pretty lonely here for the past two months I can tell you :whistling:

• Like 2

I've never used a VQ ticket before but I feel that this year I'll have to since all the guests I want will probably be particularly busy. Little bit nervous about this but I get nervous about everything. Ball of nerves.

You'll be fine, not to mention sunday is always a bit more quiet as well.

One thing I always find frustrating is as you do get your VT/VQ's you can walk past a Open Queued Guest come back 10 minute's or so later and find that they are suddenly a VT/VQ and there's 200 people in front of you Grrrr lol

Unfortunately there's nothing you or SM can do about it its just one of those things so just beware that they can start off Open but things can and do change on the day

But it can also work on the flipside as well in that a VQ guest becomes an open queue.

I'll be arriving about 8:30-8:50 on saturday,, i'm after: Mads Mikkelsen; Kim Coates; Tobin Bell; Dave Prowse; Natalia Tena. And maybe; Gary Kurtz; Peter Mayhew & Edge. Also got photos booked with; Jeremy Renner & Mads. What do you think my chances are of getting the autos?

I'll be arriving about 8:30-8:50 on saturday,, i'm after: Mads Mikkelsen; Kim Coates; Tobin Bell; Dave Prowse; Natalia Tena. And maybe; Gary Kurtz; Peter Mayhew & Edge. Also got photos booked with; Jeremy Renner & Mads. What do you think my chances are of getting the autos?

You're after some big-ish names and arriving not-all-that-early. I'd say you may struggle with one or two, but it'll depend on how fast they sign and how long you can hang around for so no one can say for sure.

just write down who you want so you don't miss anyone and practice hurrying whilst scanning for their pictures to find the desks!

Or let me have the list of who you want and I can try and see on Friday where they will be sitting if their desks are set up.

I've never used a VQ ticket before but I feel that this year I'll have to since all the guests I want will probably be particularly busy. Little bit nervous about this but I get nervous about everything. Ball of nerves.

Who are you wanting to meet?

It'll go fine. Just head straight to the guest area and grab all VQ's in one go. Then you can plan what order is best to meet them.

For autos I want Mads Mikkelsen, Dominic Monaghan, Tobin Bell, Michael Emerson and Jack Gleeson. All the other people I'm thinking about probably won't have VQ's. It's literally just a single area that issues the VQ's?

just write down who you want so you don't miss anyone and practice hurrying whilst scanning for their pictures to find the desks!

Or let me have the list of who you want and I can try and see on Friday where they will be sitting if their desks are set up.

It'll go fine. Just head straight to the guest area and grab all VQ's in one go. Then you can plan what order is best to meet them.

For autos I want Mads Mikkelsen, Dominic Monaghan, Tobin Bell, Michael Emerson and Jack Gleeson. All the other people I'm thinking about probably won't have VQ's. It's literally just a single area that issues the VQ's?

I thought you had offers from about 6 men saying they'd pick some up for you first thing Sunday morning?

Is it a mad rush when the doors open? I'm planning on joining the queue about 8am Saturday, I'm only after a couple of autographs (Dolph and Carl). Is it likely if I turn up at 8 that I'll be successful with the whole VQ system or are there just so many people there at that time that it may be hit or miss?

Edited by squareroot2

I'm aiming to get there about 7.30, I'm after Peter Mayhew, Kim Coates and Rutger Hauer - going straight to get VT tickets then I can relax and enjoy the day. Having missed out on Stan Lee by being 1 person too far back in the queue, I have learnt my lesson of getting low numbers.

Edited by FurryHamster

Is it a mad rush when the doors open? I'm planning on joining the queue about 8am Saturday, I'm only after a couple of autographs (Dolph and Carl). Is it likely if I turn up at 8 that I'll be successful with the whole VQ system or are there just so many people there at that time that it may be hit or miss?

Carl has been before and usually signs at a decent Speed. Dolph - anyone's guess, sorry. You should be good if you don't have to leave at noon already.

Carl has been before and usually signs at a decent Speed. Dolph - anyone's guess, sorry. You should be good if you don't have to leave at noon already.

Thanks, no haven't booked anything else up for the day, so in no hurry.

I'll try and find them and post Friday night (if they are set up and ready for the sat/sun ones) VQ's are given out at the head of each guest's queue so, rather like Pokémon Go, you have to go and find and catch them all! No central location to give them all out unfortunately, but at least it means you don't have several thousand people descending on 1 specific area, it's a bit more spread out.

I thought you had offers from about 6 men saying they'd pick some up for you first thing Sunday morning?

Oh yes. One, definitely. Not quite sure how that happened.

Thanks for clearing that up about the location though. Nerves make me scatterbrained.

I'm aiming to get there about 7.30, I'm after Peter Mayhew, Kim Coates and Rutger Hauer - going straight to get VT tickets then I can relax and enjoy the day. Having missed out on Stan Lee by being 1 person too far back in the queue, I have learnt my lesson of getting low numbers.

Any mention of Stan Lee on this forum will prompt a response from me!

Low VQ tickets never helped me out with Stan Lee - I got 68 or 69 on the Sunday but then, as was discovered afterwards, gold pass attendees were not getting their passes stamped and going in multiple times (no doubt with other people's items)...

I shall greatly enjoy pulling rank on gold pass attendees this year with my Diamond pass guests!

Ok just my opinion, but I would prioritise VT's in this order:

Mads

Jack

Tobin

Michael

Dominic

Obviously if you pass guests on your list while looking then get them.

• Like 1

Ok just my opinion, but I would prioritise VT's in this order:

Mads

Jack

Tobin

Michael

Dominic

Obviously if you pass guests on your list while looking then get them.

Thanks for the advice. It's hard to judge how busy they're going to be beforehand but I did figure I should go see Mads first just to be safe. Mind you, for all my worrying and pre-planning I almost always end up winging it at some point. And by some point I mean the moment I get inside the hall.

Thanks for the advice. It's hard to judge how busy they're going to be beforehand but I did figure I should go see Mads first just to be safe. Mind you, for all my worrying and pre-planning I almost always end up winging it at some point. And by some point I mean the moment I get inside the hall.

Mads has sold out of diamond passes, so he's obviously going to be the busiest. You'll be behind DP's and GP's. I would get a VQ for him and then concentrate on the other guests till he calms down.

Out of the 4/5 I wanna meet I only have concerns (regarding queuing) for Kristian Nairn and Jason David Frank.

Don't. Jason David Frank was busy last year, but a vast majority of his fans probably got him last year. And even if he was busy, he was very doable.

Kristian Nairn has been to quite a bunch of Showmasters events, so a lot of GOT fans already have his autograph and he too has always been doable.

They probably will both be on the VQ system, but I don't think you'll have many problems getting them.