Is your Con bag packed already?

Sounds like a heavy backpack. Just for those who may not be aware, autograph holders should be of archival quality and made from polyester. It is what my autograph holders are made from and my autographs thus far, have benefitted. Sorry if everyone is already aware, just trying to be helpful.

These are propably sold at the con? I don't have any...I just have this folder-thingy so I don't crush them in my backbag...
Have a look at Frank's Autographs. They'll be at the con and their stuff is great. A lot of us here use them and if you talk to them at the con they'll tell you the best way to store everything.

I was advised by a lady at a convention once that the hard plastic autograph holders can actually strip the autograph off of the photo if left for too long :eek:

Has anyone ever experienced this? I have all of my autographs in them and I'm almost too scared to check if I've ruined some of the older ones!

I can't imagine they'd be so popular if they were harmful surely?

They're popular because they are great for short term safe keeping, as in getting them home safely, but not suitable for long term storage.

That's not to say that your graphs are ruined, you could be lucky, but i HAVE seen it happen quite a few times..the graph and part of the photo will stick to the plastic.

Get something with polypropylene sheets and archival safe backing paper.

Sounds like a heavy backpack. Just for those who may not be aware, autograph holders should be of archival quality and made from polyester. It is what my autograph holders are made from and my autographs thus far, have benefitted. Sorry if everyone is already aware, just trying to be helpful.

These are propably sold at the con? I don't have any...I just have this folder-thingy so I don't crush them in my backbag...
Have a look at Frank's Autographs. They'll be at the con and their stuff is great. A lot of us here use them and if you talk to them at the con they'll tell you the best way to store everything.

I was advised by a lady at a convention once that the hard plastic autograph holders can actually strip the autograph off of the photo if left for too long :eek:

Has anyone ever experienced this? I have all of my autographs in them and I'm almost too scared to check if I've ruined some of the older ones!

They're popular because they are great for short term safe keeping, as in getting them home safely, but not suitable for long term storage.

That's not to say that your graphs are ruined, you could be lucky, but i HAVE seen it happen quite a few times..the graph and part of the photo will stick to the plastic.

Can you buy that kind of thing online? Or even at the show?

I've been looking around for a nice display folder for a long time now but can never figure out which one is best!

Any recommendations? :smile:

Thank you for the advice!

Can you buy that kind of thing online? Or even at the show?

I've been looking around for a nice display folder for a long time now but can never figure out which one is best!

Any recommendations? :smile:

Thank you for the advice!

Franks autographs will be at the show . Archival storage £1 per 10x8 holder they have other. Storage options also . But there the best for sure

Thanks, now I have something on my shopping list other than autographs and photos :D

Don't forget a little can of deodorant for your bag. Lets be honest when in a confined space with thousands of nerds freshening up every so often is essential.

A small bottle of anti bacterial handwash is also a good idea.

Edited by Mark - Last of the Time Lords
  • Like 1

Well I have my printed pictures I want signed, all the tickets (entry, photos, talk and train) and outfits sorted.

Just need to worry about food and I'm sorted. Not sure my brother is anywhere near as organized though...... Good job I'm in charge of the tickets and most of the planning.

Edited by Matty-lad

I've packed my man bag for this Con already and check it on a weekly basis that I've got everything! My man bag contains:

Entry Tickets

Old store photoshoot tickets

Printed E-Tickets (for insurance!)

15 Autograph holders

Printed directions to Olympia from Barron's Court

Portable charger (will be charging this again the day before)

Tube map

Bottled water.

Have you guys got your bag/pack ready yet? :)

ah, that's a point I've never even thought where I'm going to put pics n that.

I just assumed there'd be good solid bags, are the pics in a cardboard card / letter or have any protection with them?

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

Tickets - PRINTED AND PACKED

Quiz Stuff - PRINTED AND PACKED

TShirts for photos - PACKED

Photo covers and folder - PACKED

Portable Charger - CHARGED AND PACKED

Deodorant/Hand San - PACKED

Water - PACKED

As I am able to travel in from home everyday, I think this is about all I will need...

I know I am going to get that feeling that I have forgotten something...

I've packed my man bag for this Con already and check it on a weekly basis that I've got everything! My man bag contains:

Entry Tickets

Old store photoshoot tickets

Printed E-Tickets (for insurance!)

15 Autograph holders

Printed directions to Olympia from Barron's Court

Portable charger (will be charging this again the day before)

Tube map

Bottled water.

Have you guys got your bag/pack ready yet? :)

ah, that's a point I've never even thought where I'm going to put pics n that.

I just assumed there'd be good solid bags, are the pics in a cardboard card / letter or have any protection with them?

no, you are just handed the picture, so you will need something to put it in.
  • Like 1