Latest Guest Announcement - BILL PAXTON

With such a HUGE body of work behind him I'm curious what you are all thinking of getting Bill to sign?

An Aliens poster, only have two signatures so far Michail Biehn and Al Matthews.... And hopefully the pic from the photoshoot itself

Photoshoot booked.

Maybe I'll get a Weird Science 8x10 signed, though I liked him in Aliens & Thunderbirds.

I could go for a Big Love picture, but that would be admitting to seeing his bare behind hehe

Edited by bonniesrg

Hi,

Is Bill's talk covered by having a Gold pass or is a separate ticket required?

Ta

Would love to know this also! :)

As I already said I am checking on this. The office is closed on the weekend, it is unlikely I get this info before Monday.

With such a HUGE body of work behind him I'm curious what you are all thinking of getting Bill to sign?

i'm getting my Near Dark spec den signed, got Lance to sign it in Glasgow, dreamed of getting Bill too but never thought it would happen. if the cost was <£45 a pop i'd have to trawl a ton of other possibilities but Frailty would probably be high on the list, as would Dark Backward (OMG - must see) or Tombstone.

• Moderators

i'm getting my Near Dark spec den signed, got Lance to sign it in Glasgow, dreamed of getting Bill too but never thought it would happen. if the cost was <£45 a pop i'd have to trawl a ton of other possibilities but Frailty would probably be high on the list, as would Dark Backward (OMG - must see) or Tombstone.

I completely know where you are coming from as it stands I would like at least two 8x10s and 4/5 blu rays that I would LOVE Bill to sign and whilst I do think £45 isn't that bad for an actor of his calibre I need to do some serious thinking about what I really want

What's everyone's favourite Bill Paxton quote? Mine has to be from Aliens

"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!" :)

Mine is what I want to say evey time some asks if I have questions "how do I get out of this chicken s*** outfit"

Ha. I'm the same. That throught runs through my head every time someone asks "are there any questions?" too. Maybe you could even start off Bill's Q&A with that question. lol

I also think of Bender in The Breakfast Club when he says in a similar situation, "Yeah. I have a question: does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

He only had a few lines in the Terminator, but I loved "Hey, I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack"

And in Predator 2 "Loosen your sphincters. We don't need any rush hour Rambos here."

• Like 1

Hi,

Ta

As I already said I am checking on this. The office is closed on the weekend, it is unlikely I get this info before Monday.

hopefully we will get definite answer next week , i've got a gold pass also but bought a talk ticket any way as Bill is a Diamond guest

as in the gold pass terms say's free exclusions -

(Exceptions will be for diamond package guest talks, any talks that are considered additional promotional/event activity or guests that we may have to exclude for film promotion purposes or other reasons. This could include sponsored talks or exclusive event content.)

i could be wrong(hopefully!!) but as i read the entire terms - no free diamond talks but if you buy a diamond talk ticket ,Gold pass holders get to then sit behind the diamond passes holders- hopefully QS will get an answer next week

What's everyone's favourite Bill Paxton quote? Mine has to be from Aliens

"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!" :)

i love that quote- Bill's done lots on great one liners and every summer i find myself saying this Bill paxton quote.-

"“Yeah, but it’s a dry heat!", as i go to the pub for a ice cold beer then saying “We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!” and then down the beer.

if the weather stays fine in July i might be saying it a few times during the show

• Like 1

Hi,

Ta

hopefully we will get definite answer next week , i've got a gold pass also but bought a talk ticket any way as Bill is a Diamond guest

as in the gold pass terms say's free exclusions -

(Exceptions will be for diamond package guest talks, any talks that are considered additional promotional/event activity or guests that we may have to exclude for film promotion purposes or other reasons. This could include sponsored talks or exclusive event content.)

i could be wrong(hopefully!!) but as i read the entire terms - no free diamond talks but if you buy a diamond talk ticket ,Gold pass holders get to then sit behind the diamond passes holders- hopefully QS will get an answer next week

Probably, it was clear with the MJF talks but thought best to ask to clarify. We will all know in the week.

Plus hes the only man to be killed by a predator a terminator and a Xenomorph (alien) ;) lol

Lance Henriksen has also been killed by all 3.

i liked the idea that he wasn't actually killed by Terminator but was supposed to turn up in a wheelchair in the sequel as a bitter slightly-loony survivor :-D

tell you what though, i'm still hyper over this announcement ~ try and calm myself until i've got in on paper though, i travelled down for Val Kilmer a few years ago and he no showed, and Lance was supposed to appear one year but got pulled to do AvP (IIRC).

man, all i need now is a last minute announcement for Clancy Brown and i can die happy :-D

Edited by Wolfie138
  • Like 1