Diamond passes thoughts

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

i just wanted to come on here and have a quick chat about the Diamond passes and my thoughts behind them.

Well there was a lot of chatter at the beginning as most people do not like change or the unknown :-) we have now had several of these go up for sale and it seems to have worked for everyone quite well.

These Diamond passes were created so we could get guests we could not get with the standard turn up and buy an autograph deal as these guests require a very big fee or guarantee much bigger than guests we have had in the past ,also sometimes we a guest to do something rare like in Robert Englund case a pro makeup photo shoot which it planed to be his last ever full make up shoot and 2nd only one in the world , things like this need this extra package to make that work for everyone involved so we made it available as a Diamond pass to be able to fund this amazing opportunity , it has worked and everyone is able to now have the chance to have there photo with him in the UK which would not have been posable with out this pass , so this really worked and helped to create a opportunity that would not have happened with out it.

I think at this point you can also see we are trying to keep the price down and fair, this is our company ethos , for years we have been keeping all autograph prices down as best we can and we push back with everyone involved to keep them fair and reasonable , some of the guests that do a lot of events you will see at other events sometimes being £5 or £10 dearer than ours , this is because we want it to be affordable and fair , so just because we say it will be a more expensive guest dose not mean we intend to charge the most we can for them.

I have to say with out the Michel J Fox Diamond pass his appearance would not have been posable , and on photo ops or talks would have happened at all , but with the way the passes work we can offer a complete package with out the fuss of worrying about if you are going to get the chance to buy his autograph or not in one go, which means there is a lot less stress and worry as you know you have everything in one with the Diamond pass.

We learnt from the Stan Lee signing that people want to be able to buy everything in one go and know they have his autograph included so if we had of offered a Diamond pass back then for him it would have been a lot more relaxed and less stress on the day for everyone you and us :-) , so moving forward this is going to be the way with these big named guests , its fair its relaxed and we can also get some of the bigger guests you have all been looking to meet over the years.

We will plan to try and get at least 4 to 6 Diamond pass guests on top of the 100 or so guests that you have come to expect at LFCC , these guests will offer things outside of the Diamond passes like talks and photo ops so it benefits everyone that attends not just the diamond pass holders also so its a win win for everyone :-)

This ticket price was right price to bale bring Michel over to the UK and make it work for his people , it dose seem to be the right price bracket as we have now sold over 50% of these tickets in one day :-0 so i do think that the price was fair and people also saw that it was a once in a life time opportunity to meet this amazing guests, so we are very happy with the interest and it helps us all to have the confidence to go and book more guests like this at this and future events.

So thank you for your support on this and over the years , its nice to see us all getting the chance to meet our heroes as we are all fans here also , thank you for the trust and we look forward to bringing you more amazing guests in the weeks months and years to come. :dance:

Take care and see you soon :WAVE:

Jason

• Like 10

I appreciate that Diamond Passes were created for the likes of Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd but I like what you've used it for with Robert Englund. Having met Mr Englund twice before at your events, I know that a Diamond Pass isn't necessary to get an autograph but the extra stuff is very cool. I hope we get to see more of that sort of Diamond Pass as well as the bigger guests.

• Showmasters Admin

thank you for that guys , we are looking at ways to entice many of the bigger guests so its very cool to see this working , now we can really get going .

At the end of the day is the demand is there we will driver and that is what we are seeing of late , so which this space , and do not worry we will look after everyone and keep all prices in check its important to everyone that all pricing is fare.

jason

• Like 3

I completely understand the pricing for these guests. I feel bad for those who can't afford it, but judging by comments from those in the know who've seen guests of that calibre elsewhere, the diamond passes are a bargain so are well worth snapping up if you can afford it and the guest means that much to you. Thanks to SM, I've seen the kind of actors of which I could previously only dream, so I'm quite happy to pay the price for the right person.

I bought the Diamond pass for my Niece to meet Robert, I like the way you have done the photo shoot for MJF. I must admit I'm not over the moon about the Diamond passes as I would only use the photo shoot ticket and everything else would be a waste..

I hope with all the Diamond guests announced just like MJF there will be photo shoots available for those who don't want everything.

Keep up the good work, Look forward to who will be the next big guest.

I'M GOING TO MEET MJF (Thanks to SM) :YAHOO:

If it's the only way to get bigger guest's then it's fine by me. Plus i like the extras as in it's combination of auto picture and other things. MJ Fox was sadly out of my price bracket but good luck to those that can afford it and are going.

I think Diamond Passes are are good idea. As for the pricing, I think they are relative to how much of a fan of the guest the customer is.

I think £445 for MJF was reasonable for people who are superfans of him and/or BTTF. I'm a fan but not a superfan so I could justify the price FOR ME but I did buy the Delorean shoot and talk tickets.

Now if say Bill Murray was announced at the same price, I would pay it immediately as I'm a huge superfan of both him and Ghostbusters.

As I say, the prices are relative but if we can get big A list names for £300-500 then I can't see how people can grumble at that. The only thing I would MAYBE suggest is announcing a Diamond Pass guest a day/week before they go on sale.

I'm very happy with my robert Englund diamond pass and finally meeting the real freddy krueger. I just wanted to say about the michael j. Fox diamond pass, to give everyone a fare chance and affordable way of getting a autograph from michael, there should have been a option to purchase a autograph from the shop but it is limited and only one per customer once they gone they're gone, only advance purchase. Anyway just a thought, keep up the good work guys and I'll look forward to further annoucements

• Like 2

Thanks for the post Jason and thumbs up for getting Michael over.

I would only add that for the Diamond Pass for Michael it would have been nice to have the choice of standard, delorean or clock photo with Michael.

I would also agree with the poster above that it would be good to have an autograph only option the way in which you've done for the photos. But I am assuming that for Michael that just would not have worked as I presume he is very limited in the amount of autographs he can write due to his illness.

I hope that 'autograph only' hunters and 'photos with' hunters are both kept happy going forward with the big guest stars.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with my robert Englund diamond pass and finally meeting the real freddy krueger. I just wanted to say about the michael j. Fox diamond pass, to give everyone a fare chance and affordable way of getting a autograph from michael, there should have been a option to purchase a autograph from the shop but it is limited and only one per customer once they gone they're gone, only advance purchase. Anyway just a thought, keep up the good work guys and I'll look forward to further annoucements

Hope to meet you at the show!!!

• Like 1

Initially I didn't think much of the Diamond passes. No offence. But then you look into what they offer, all for one price, there not a bad deal. Your getting a photo shoot, an autograph and a talk ticket. If you add the individual elements prices up I've found that the diamond pass is just an bit more, which in my opinion is OK, that's the price you pay for peace of mind.

Although I do think that the pass should give you the option of buying additional autographs. The passes so far only provide for one autograph. So what to do if you want 3 items signed? Get a virtual ticket and get in line after you've payed so much for a Diamond pass. Not the best, I think. You could limit it to say an additional 5 autographs per Diamond pass.

Looking forward to more announcements

Edited by Dom1999

I think that so long as you can keep offering a certain amount of photo shoots for that guest as well then you'll do very well, as I have to admit I nearly cried when I saw how much it was going to cost me to meet MJF until I saw through my tears that there was this option too. So with credit card in hand I've booked my entry ticket and photo with him and am looking forward to my 10-15 seconds with him.

Diamond passes are great for the people who can afford them and know their budgets but I like the fact that currently we less rich folk can still meet our idols, keep that up and you'll be golden!!!

• Like 1

Initially I didn't think much of the Diamond passes. No offence. But then you look into what they offer, all for one price, there not a bad deal. Your getting a photo shoot, an autograph and a talk ticket. If you add the individual elements prices up I've found that the diamond pass is just an bit more, which in my opinion is OK, that's the price you pay for peace of mind.

Although I do think that the pass should give you the option of buying additional autographs. The passes so far only provide for one autograph. So what to do if you want 3 items signed? Get a virtual ticket and get in line after you've payed so much for a Diamond pass. Not the best, I think. You could limit it to say an additional 5 autographs per Diamond pass.

Diamond passes are tailored specifically to the guest. In the case of MJF, there's a very good reason why there can't be more autographs offered. Future diamond guests may have different things inckuded in their passes, like extra autographs etc. Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Well the signing had to be very very limited and that was the main part of the agreement with MJF's people we have to limit it and spread it out over the 3 days , i think we can all understand that, so we could never offer more that the limited amount that has been agreed, and even the diamond pass holders will only get one per pass , so it was never something that was going to be realistic.

we have what we have to offer everyone , its more than anyone else has been able to offer anywhere in the world so at least the fans in the UK that can afford this have the chance and thats what we are trying to do is give people that one chance.

jason

• Like 1

I bought the Diamond pass for my Niece to meet Robert, I like the way you have done the photo shoot for MJF. I must admit I'm not over the moon about the Diamond passes as I would only use the photo shoot ticket and everything else would be a waste..

I hope with all the Diamond guests announced just like MJF there will be photo shoots available for those who don't want everything.

Keep up the good work, Look forward to who will be the next big guest.

I'M GOING TO MEET MJF (Thanks to SM) :YAHOO:

If you're not fussed about the auto's that are included, get something signed anyway and think what an excellent present it would make for someone.

Diamond passes are tailored specifically to the guest. In the case of MJF, there's a very good reason why there can't be more autographs offered. Future diamond guests may have different things inckuded in their passes, like extra autographs etc.

Oh I didn't mean Micheal J Foxs Diamond pass. I understand why his is only 1 auto.

I was talking about Diamond Passes for guests in the future. For example Sigourney Weaver should Showmasters ever get she she will be a Diamond guest. I can think of at least 3 items I'd like she to sign.

Also Diamond Passes for both Robert Edlund and Christopher Lloyd only include 1 auto.

These are the guests I was talking about. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I agree with most that SM have helped me meet some my childhood heroes: William Shatner, Scott Bakula, Craig Charles. And also my screen crushes: Dina Meyer,Lena Headey etc.

I'm now looking forward to meeting Christopher Lloyd and Jonathan Frakes this year!

So thank you very much SM for making these opportunities happen.

Wish you all the best :)

I personally am very happy with the inclusion of the Diamond passes this year.

It's just a further example of Showmasters progressing and evolving the event.

Never in my dreams did I think I would get a chance to meet Micheal J Fox and now I am!

Having grown up in the eighties this is a massive guest for me and I am more than happy to pay for the privilege.

I understand that these passes may price out some people but the Con still has dozens of guests at fair prices to cater for every taste. I thought £15 for Noah Wylie was very cheap! So its still possible to meet great guests on a limited budget.

Thank you so much Showmasters, this 80s movie geek is very happy :-)

Onwards and upwards, I look forward to some more amazing announcements in the future.

July cant come quick enough :clap:

• Like 1

All I can say I am meeting a childhood hero of mine and it's all down to showmasters. I am

Incredibly lucky; although I couldn't get the diamond pass, the regular photo shoots would not have been available without it. I'm so made up with it I begin to describe!!

• Like 2