What's happening in which building and entering LFCC!

• Moderators

On Saturday and Sunday once all of the early-bird ticket holders have been let in, these same queues will be used for standard 11am entry.

so if we have pre bought early entry and turn up after 9am but before 11am, do we just walk to the front of the standard entry line?

Once the pre-paid early entry line is all in, any early entry holders after that can just walk straight in, yes.

• Moderators

I've bought a gold pass but I'm not arriving until the Sunday at around 10am (went Gold so that I could travel down without rushing and worrying about queuing / VTs). By 10am presumably the Gold entry queue and the people handing out the wristbands to it will be long gone, but will someone still have my wristband if I just go directly to entrance B?

You will be able to get your wristband there, yes. It is possible that your wristband will be collected inside at that time; your paperwork for the gold pass will get you inside if so.

• Like 1

I am totally lost! I have tickets for the preview Friday eve and a Stan Lee photo shoot, can anyone explain how I queue please? I have early bird Sunday & a Stan Lee photo too so will that be a repeat of Friday? I am confused what VQs are etc as I have never attended a comiccon before and am confused!! I don't understand pre paid early entry and early entry mentioned above. Thank you

Edited by silverlining36

• Moderators

I am totally lost! I have tickets for the preview Friday eve and a Stan Lee photo shoot, can anyone explain how I queue please? I have early bird Sunday & a Stan Lee photo too so will that be a repeat of Friday? I am confused what VQs are etc as I have never attended a comiccon before and am confused!! I don't understand pre paid early entry and early entry mentioned above. Thank you

pre-paid queues are for those who have already bought their entry tickets, whether early entry or standard entry.

VQ tickets are used for autographs only, for busy guests. See the FAQ for more information http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83162

If you want an autograph from Stan and that is your main priority, then you should queue at the EC1 entrance on the day you want the auto. Otherwise queue at EC2.

I forgot that there was a map on the first page :P

Thanks for the confirmation :D

Honestly some people..

I must be the only person who reads every single post before posting in a thread. ;)

lol!

I do too, but I had read all the other posts before I posted again about 1hrs & a half to 2hrs previously :P

My short term memory is rubbish & I had forgotten there was a map.lol

It's also a pain to go to the original page on a mobile as you have to keep on clicking 'Prev' to get back to the first page. Unlike on desktop where you can just click thd number of the page you want to get to & jump there directly.

I'm confused, if I enter EC1 first thing to get a stan lee VQT and then leave and get the hand stamp can I bypass the queue at EC2 to get straight in? Also will we know what numbers are being seen for stan lee in the main hall or will we need to run back and forth like mad people

I'm confused, if I enter EC1 first thing to get a stan lee VQT and then leave and get the hand stamp can I bypass the queue at EC2 to get straight in? Also will we know what numbers are being seen for stan lee in the main hall or will we need to run back and forth like mad people

VQ numbers for Stan will be displayed in EC2 as well.

• Like 1

My normal plan is to arrive 3ish hours before opening and then speed walk round and get every VQT for the people I want to see. I normally don't see VQ numbers higher then 100. Then I can pretty much see guests whenever I want during the day. This years set-up makes this impossible. It also separates friends from queuing together, which when you're going to be there for hours, is really disappointing. The only strategy for me to get low VQ numbers for Stan Lee and the other big guests is for me to queue for the main hall and my friend to queue for Stan Lee. This is made worse by the fact that only 1 VQT is given out per person so I then can't go up to meet people with my friend either.

Personally I would of simply made the Comic hall open 30mins later then the Main hall and then placed crew giving out Stan Lee VQT in the main hall for the initial rush. I'd be surprised if Stan Lee is actually going to be sat there signing from bang on 9am anyway. That way friends get to queue together and everything's in one place for the people who want to see lots of guests and spend a lot of money.

But then again I don't have years of experience running events, or things to worry about like health & safety and what capacity each area/queue can hold. So I trust that this set-up is the best solution possible. It's just I'm not going to pretend this doesn't have a negative effect on my weekend.

Edited by LogicTheory
  • Like 4

Without quoting LogicTheory I agree with his comment about the Stan Lee tickets in the main Hall. I normally get there early too as I am not one for photo shoots or talks normally and once I have my VQT's I also try to get as low as I can and look to leave by 1 ish.

I am bringining a few more peeps along this year and some just want to meet Stan Lee (which is fine) but I am now worried that although I will arrive about 7.30 ish I will have higher VQT's than normal and as I have to go from one hall to another and then queue again they will end up sticking around longer than I originally thought.

I agree with the last two posts. Hopefully we can get some clarification on what happens to Earlybird people once the get their Stan Lee VTs.

I have several other big guests to get, and would prefer not to have VTs in the high hundreds because of re queuing. If thats the case, EB ticket for me on Sunday becomes non useful, and I may as well gone standard entry and take my chances that way.

• Like 1

I think this is the best set up they could have gone with. I mean, once we have Stan Lee's VQ Ticket, how hard is it to go out of the building, get stamped and go into the other hall? Or did I miss something? Has someone said you can't which halls until all Early Birds are in or something?

If that's the case, then maybe rather than handing out the Stan Lee tickets by his desk, SM could have specific Stan Lee VT queue somewhere in EC2 near the other ones once everyone is in?

As has been already posted, clarification is being waited for on the movement between buildings.

Indeed, but maybe if another 53 people ask the exact same question over and over again an answer will magically appear?

• Like 1

As has been already posted, clarification is being waited for on the movement between buildings.

Indeed, but maybe if another 53 people ask the exact same question over and over again an answer will magically appear?

Well if someone on here would be collecting money for a crystal ball and possibly a divination course maybe that could be arranged. ;)

• Like 1

Well if someone on here would be collecting money for a crystal ball and possibly a divination course maybe that could be arranged. ;)

Answer arriving in 3....2.....1....

20120217022732!Divination_professor.jpg

I'll donate £5 - just leave a jar at the sales desk ;)

Edited by Zahariel