Latest guest announcement - JOHN HURT

Awesome guest announcement. Have had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is John Hurt on a couple of occasions in the past and I can honestly say that he is one of my favourites. Considering that he is a true acting icon in the world of TV and Film throughout the world, he is very humble and a true gentleman :thumbup: You would be mad to miss this opportunity!!

I agree. I was at a talk with him recently and he is a very humble soul, with a career that is quite exceptional. I actually think that with the greatest of respect to the other actors at this years LFCC, Johns body of work is on a totally different level. I for one will be raiding my piggy bank to get the chance to me this extraordinary and talented actor.

I think it will be beans on toast for tea the next few weeks! :smile:

Is there any way to know what types of stills will be available at the table. Logic would indicate that Mr Hurt would have some pics from The Elephant Man, but since it's an older film, and younger audiences probably know him from DW and HP, it's possible that he may not. I was surprised at another event this year that Mark Addy didn't have any stills from The Full Monty.....

I don't want to show up on Saturday with nothing from EM to get signed - it's one of my all-time favourite films, and the first one I know JH from!

• Moderators

Is there any way to know what types of stills will be available at the table. Logic would indicate that Mr Hurt would have some pics from The Elephant Man, but since it's an older film, and younger audiences probably know him from DW and HP, it's possible that he may not. I was surprised at another event this year that Mark Addy didn't have any stills from The Full Monty.....

I don't want to show up on Saturday with nothing from EM to get signed - it's one of my all-time favourite films, and the first one I know JH from!

Unfortunately we can never say - even if we knew, there would be no way to guarantee that the photo you want would still be available when you got there, some photos do sometimes run out. If you want a specific image or role, it's always a good idea to source your own photo. (There are places that sell 8x10 images, or get your own printed from snapfish/photobox etc)

• Moderators

Any idea if John hurt will be boxed in like peter dinkleege and Norman reedus were last year?

I definitely wouldn't rule it out. (With the way the guest list is going this year there could be a whole row of them...)

For me, it'll be either an Elephant Man, Alien photo or one from a film he was in called The Ghoul from 1975. A great Hammer dity that also starred Peter Cushing. I may have to source that photo myself though :smile:

Great choice! It's so frustrating that stills and even dvd copies of The Ghoul are so difficult to find. I was at a talk with John recently who talked about working on film with the brilliant Peter Cushing, a little hidden horror gem in my humble opinion. The cost will probably limit me to one auto though sadly, so for me a toss up between the brilliant Alien or the superb Elephant Man. 😊

For me, it'll be either an Elephant Man, Alien photo or one from a film he was in called The Ghoul from 1975. A great Hammer dity that also starred Peter Cushing. I may have to source that photo myself though :smile:

John was indeed in The Ghoul, but it wasn't a Hammer Production, it was made by a company called Tyburn Films although I can see why you would think it might be as it also starred Peter Cushing and was written by John Elder (which was a pen name for Anthony Hinds) and was very much part of the Hammer Story.

• Like 1

John was indeed in The Ghoul, but it wasn't a Hammer Production, it was made by a company called Tyburn Films although I can see why you would think it might be as it also starred Peter Cushing and was written by John Elder (which was a pen name for Anthony Hinds) and was very much part of the Hammer Story.

Alright, clever clogs! :poki:

Now if he does a talk on the other hand that would be a no brainer for me

I was at EMS 2011 and feel it would be a pity if he was just part of the DW talk. Given his large body of work (much of which he's forgotten and a lot of which he admitted were absolute stinkers to use his terminology) it was fascinating to hear him talk on his own about it all. He could easily have gone on for twice as long and kept everyone enthralled. I'd highly recommend going if you can.

Here's a pic I took at that talk.

_DSC0369.jpg

Edited by Rockstar6662

Unfortunately we can never say - even if we knew, there would be no way to guarantee that the photo you want would still be available when you got there, some photos do sometimes run out. If you want a specific image or role, it's always a good idea to source your own photo. (There are places that sell 8x10 images, or get your own printed from snapfish/photobox etc)

Thanks! I'm trying to find something online, but it's not easy; am finding loads from DW, HP and the 4th Indiana Jones film (yikes!), but not the one I really want from EM.....Am going to keep looking as long as possible lo

When he attended LFCC 2008, there were EM pics on the table.

When he attended LFCC 2008, there were EM pics on the table.

Pretty sure there were in 2011. I'd be surprised if there wasn't but you can never guarantee. There will likely to stalls selling other photos too that may have what you want but always best to try and source it yourself if you have a particular image in mind.