So is it really that cold inside venue...

teabelly83

It would be interesting to know if the guest's actually know they will be in a "open" stadium? Or have they been told the stadium is finished and they will be indoors.

:smile:

We were told it would all be enclosed and finished ages ago!

Yep didn't go this year as for the last 2 years kept getting told it was going to be finished.

I went this morning and to be honest it wasn't unbearably cold, it was worst outside! I do worry about the size of the venue, Imagine getting someone like John Barrowman again... He would be mobbed and you wouldn't be able to move! there isn't anywhere like in the stadium where the bigger guests are hidden away a bit and only people with tickets can get up close to them. Today all the guests where sitting around the edge of the venue, and even then at times I was standing in one spot for a while because people where taking photos! The venue is far from finished but hopefully by May next year it will be!

Glad to hear this!!

im attending sunday, obviously depending on weather on the day but do you guys thing id be ok wearing just a hoodie to walk around in or will i need my jacket ontop too~??

Certainly wasn't as bad today as I'd feared from feedback. Was far worse outside.

if it was in the middle of a desert people would still moan! if you cant handle the cold don't attend!

That's hardly the point, is it? At the first Collectormania at the stadium (2009), the air was so damp that the 8x10's were sticking together. My photographic poster crackled as it was unrolled. There is still no overall improvement. Why are these stars of stage and screen expected to sit "happily" all day just a few degrees above zero?

No, it isn't so bad for us walking around with the opportunity to move and warm up but it is still disgraceful to put the event on and treat people like this at all.

they sit in temperatures a few degrees above zero because they are getting paid for it. I bet when all of them walked in and saw the layout none of them said 'No thanks not for me' and gave their fees and money back.

Edited by loveamyadams

If you have a thermal vest / t-shirt wear it, especially if you are getting pictures, which are done in rooms off the concourse. After you have queued on the concourse you maybe unwilling to part with your coat for the photo. Seeing peoples pictures most guests were wear coats and scarfs for the shoots, some had hats on, all of which I fully understand, cause even by my tough Yorkshire standards its cold! Just one query were did the heaters and gazebos from previous years go? In a large room like the areana the gazebos would help keep the heat nearer the guests and in the concourse rooms heaters would take the edge off the cold, or do the guest all get free collectormania thermals? Although there is an really obvious thing, if people could shut doors, especially ones to outside after going through them it would make a difference, by reducing the number of drafts.

Edited by Herstory

if it was in the middle of a desert people would still moan! if you cant handle the cold don't attend!

That's hardly the point, is it? At the first Collectormania at the stadium (2009), the air was so damp that the 8x10's were sticking together. My photographic poster crackled as it was unrolled. There is still no overall improvement. Why are these stars of stage and screen expected to sit "happily" all day just a few degrees above zero?

No, it isn't so bad for us walking around with the opportunity to move and warm up but it is still disgraceful to put the event on and treat people like this at all.

they sit in temperatures a few degrees above zero because they are getting paid for it. I bet when all of them walked in and saw the layout none of them said 'No thanks not for me' and gave their fees and money back.

I bet none of them realised how cold it would get, especially in the afternoon, if you didn't know better you could think you had walked into a homeless shelter the number of people in multiple layers with blankets wrapped around them.

It wasn't as cold today as it had been yesterday, I only wore at shirt and a thick hoodie (no coat) and was fine.

One stall owner wasn't very happy with the cold and started packing away at 3 stating: 'if you want to buy anything, best get it now, I'm packing away, can't be sitting in a cold arena all day.....'

I didn't know what too reply, he wasn't very happy at all :/

I attended both Saturday and today. TBH it was a bit colder on Saturday but not as bad as people on here make out. A lot of the guests were wearing jackets, coats etc but also some were in shirt sleeves. A lot warmer today. As for the Arena, will be finished soon as they are holding the World Badminton Champs there in Feb next year.

Not too cold inside today but I can imagine for guests just sitting around for the whole day it would get a bit chilly. It's just one of those drawbacks of having a convention in November in the UK. Hopefully none of the guests grumbled about it and were tipped off that it might get a bit cold!

The venue was:

1. Too cramped

2. Smelt of eggy farts near the hot dog stand in the far left corner

3. Was too cold (surely putting of guests coming back - or telling their peers good things about CM)

4. Was poorly lit (encourage thieves etc)

Apart from that, it was fine.

Best of all I read a poster saying they are using this place AND the concourse in May.

The Artic and Antarctic to join forces!

*shakes head*

Apart from the cold and the weird smell in the corner, I thought this venue was absolutely fine, yeah not the best but I wouldn't call it a disgrace by all means.

I was prepared with several layers as I remember last year was very cold. With a hot drinks stall in the corner, I was well away! No problem at all.

• Like 1

The venue was:

1. Too cramped

2. Smelt of eggy farts near the hot dog stand in the far left corner

3. Was too cold (surely putting of guests coming back - or telling their peers good things about CM)

4. Was poorly lit (encourage thieves etc)

Apart from that, it was fine.

Best of all I read a poster saying they are using this place AND the concourse in May.

The Artic and Antarctic to join forces!

*shakes head*

Have to disagree with most of your points.

1. It was a lot less cramped than it ever was in the shopping centre, or indeed in the room previously used as the dealer's room at the stadium.

2. Yeah, sorry. That was probably me ;-)

3. Wasn't too bad at all today, and once the insulation is in place, it will be toasty warm in there.

4. The lighting was fine. Better than some exhibition halls, especially the one that Showmasters used at the Ricoh Arena.

I really enjoyed this year, and although it was by no means perfect, it was a great effort for the first show in what is essentially a brand new venue.

I didn't think it was as cold as people are making out on here, I went today (Sunday) took peoples advice and wore a warm coat and was fine. I understand it would be colder for the guests and stall owners as they stood/sat down most the day but credit to the guests for being happy and chatty throughout the day.

For the people saying how annoyed they are that he venues not finished and how cramped it was etc I'm sure showmasters are aware of this and the next show will have big improvements.

The venue was cramped - and that was without any major headliner style guests! Although everyone just about fitted in this time, if the event does attract bigger guests that require a closed off LFCC style booth then that room won't have enough space to accommodate them.

The venue was cold (and as mentioned earlier the hot dog corner did pong). Some of the guests mentioned this a lot and I would be concerned that it might put them off coming back to future events.

One of the signs mentioned using the concourse for the next event. Might I suggest that for next May's event, the hall we had today be used for dealers and photo shoot booths only and the guests have a signing area in the old dealer's room? That room is less exposed and must already have better heating and lighting?

Other than that, I enjoyed the event and the guests and staff were great!

Unfortunately we had to hide some posts during the weekend because of the wording and because we had some trolls jumping on them. As you see with this post, as long as things are kept civil there is no issue.

All the posts were hidden only and the issue was noted. Unfortunately this was not an issue that could be quickly fixed on the weekend.

The venue was cramped - and that was without any major headliner style guests! Although everyone just about fitted in this time, if the event does attract bigger guests that require a closed off LFCC style booth then that room won't have enough space to accommodate them.

One of the signs mentioned using the concourse for the next event. Might I suggest that for next May's event, the hall we had today be used for dealers and photo shoot booths only and the guests have a signing area in the old dealer's room? That room is less exposed and must already have better heating and lighting?

Other than that, I enjoyed the event and the guests and staff were great!

the old dealer's room could be good (from my memories)