So is it really that cold inside venue...

teabelly83

Yep it's cold but had a blast on Friday very relaxed and got to see all my guest but take your coat !!!! And if you can get a hot drink down you. Apart from that had a great day out not as busy but got to see everything. Also top marks to the collectomania crew very helpful and easy to talk to.

When you have a hard man like Bobby Lashley wrapped in a baby blue child's blanket it a reflection on how cold it was. It will get better and believe me when I say the arena is better now than it was a few weeks ago (or even a few days ago so I hear). By May it'll be 100% finished and this'll never be an issue again I'd expect. The stadium is hosting Rugby World Cup games so it's got to be finished by then.

Got told by one the stall owners that the back wall where Robert England, Lance Henriksen were wasn't there on Thursday morning!! ScoGuests & crew were all wrapped up in lays, did feel touch warmer later on and with more people in today and tomorrow it could feel touch warmer.

• Like 1

Got told by one the stall owners that the back wall where Robert England, Lance Henriksen were wasn't there on Thursday morning!! ScoGuests & crew were all wrapped up in lays, did feel touch warmer later on and with more people in today and tomorrow it could feel touch warmer.

Yep that's right. They used the arena for storage for the building work until the second tier was finished and you could drive trucks and machinery out via that wall. It'll be finished by May and we'll be complaining about the heat. Body heat will make it warmer today. It'll take more than cold feet to keep me away.

Body heat will make it warmer today.
Will it? Hot air rises, and there's a lot of room between your head and the ceiling that will be warmed before ground level warms up. And then all that warm air above you will lose heat as it very sightly warms the cold walls and roof (metal and concrete being great heat sinks compared to air), meaning any more warmth will rise as hot air. Meaning that once all that body heat has warmed all of the air and all of the structure above you, you may see some benefit down on the floor. Somehow doubt that's going to happen.

it was freezing Friday and Saturday. There is a nasty black dust in the air that gets up your nose. The place is basically still a construction site. Nowhere near finished. (no sanitary bins or paper holders in ladies) I felt very sorry for the stars who came from California who must have felt the cold even worse than we did.

Gemma Whelan looked frozen... I suspect she will think twice before going again. The venue will be dropping celebs attending

Its ridiculous, she was wrapped up in 2 hoodies but at least she's young, I feel particularly sorry for the older guests. You are correct though in that it likely discourages guests from coming back to SM Events or other events. I heard a lot of negative comments today from guests and would be surprised to see certain guests back again any time soon.

if it was in the middle of a desert people would still moan! if you cant handle the cold don't attend!

That's hardly the point, is it? At the first Collectormania at the stadium (2009), the air was so damp that the 8x10's were sticking together. My photographic poster crackled as it was unrolled. There is still no overall improvement. Why are these stars of stage and screen expected to sit "happily" all day just a few degrees above zero?

No, it isn't so bad for us walking around with the opportunity to move and warm up but it is still disgraceful to put the event on and treat people like this at all.

• Like 2

if it was in the middle of a desert people would still moan! if you cant handle the cold don't attend!

That's hardly the point, is it? At the first Collectormania at the stadium (2009), the air was so damp that the 8x10's were sticking together. My photographic poster crackled as it was unrolled. There is still no overall improvement. Why are these stars of stage and screen expected to sit "happily" all day just a few degrees above zero?

No, it isn't so bad for us walking around with the opportunity to move and warm up but it is still disgraceful to put the event on and treat people like this at all.

it is the point.nobody is forcing you to do it are they? im sure the fee they are paid makes up for the cold, they don't sit there all day,they have breaks,photoshoots,its not the Siberian saltmines! I remember the old days in the shopping centre in the blistering heat! :smile: happy days! Edited by malc75

Very good point.

It would be interesting to know if the guest's actually know they will be in a "open" stadium? Or have they been told the stadium is finished and they will be indoors.

:smile:

We were told it would all be enclosed and finished ages ago!