Latest Guest Announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

showmasters

With someone of her Worldwide fame I'm guessing her price will still be around the same.

More to the point, whilst her re-appearance so soon may not have been predictable (one assumes that she found the experience far more pleasant/less dreadful than she imagined), it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who spent out last year based on "This will be her first and only planed European signing, please do not expect to get another chance to meet Gillian in the near future and this will be a rare chance." if her price now was radically slashed. So based on being fair to those who supported her appearance last time, the fact that there are almost certainly people who didn't see her last time, or did but have other stuff to sign, meaning that there's still likely to be quite a demand, and assuming that she hasn't radically cut her fee, I would suspect that her price will indeed be pretty much around what itr was last time.

I, to be honest I was quite surprised when she was announced yesterday, for those of us who were on this forum last year would remember the "BIG GUEST!" thread and people throwing ALL kinds of names out there, for those of us who were ardent X-Files Fans we weren't even going to be so stupid as to guess it was Gillian for we all knew what she was like with signing X-Files.

Wasn't gonna happen.

Then of course the forum went nuts and crashed and I'd heard on Twitter who it was and I couldn't believe it! For many of us this was a huge thing at the time, and people were worried (I for one) if or not we'd see the dreaded "Guest cancellation..." between then and when she was due to attend.

I didn't exactly have the best kind of budget, although being a Fan I knew that this was a HUGE Guest and very rare, for those who either saw me on here or indeed on Twitterwould've seen me agonising over what to get signed or not get signed or how many to go for yadda yadda yadda.

Do I regret this?

Nope. Will I be expletived off to the back teeth if she's any less? Not really, as I don't expect she will be - BUT if she is then whatever the price I am considering paying now wont be affected, I will STILL be going for the 5 limit because lets face it, this is Gillian we're talking about - my thinking is that if IF she is less (which I most certainly doubt) then I'll ask her to sign my paperback of "Great Expectations."

And, IF her price remains then there will be ardent Fans who will fork out (albeit in some cases begrudingly) the £45.

A BIG Guest demands a BIG price tag and those devoted enough will pay it.

*THinks to himself that not once has he spoken about Harrison Ford in this post- oops too late lol*

Hi KingRichard76,

I understand that you are a true fan, as am I... but unfortunately it's not me as a person who is complaining about the price of her auto.. it is my bank account.

I am a father of 2 children and have a mortgage and can't afford to go and spend a lot of money to meet a lot of people and get a lot of autos... i wish i could.

I really really want to meet her, but if her auto does cost £45, then I won't be able to meet her. Not my choice i'm afraid.

:no:

Hi there Richie Rich :)

Yep, and they do say that a fool (me) and his money are soon parted. I (last year) had to make a lot of sacrifices to get Gillian x 5, even fellow X-Philes thought I was nuts and do I regret forking out the equivalent monetary wise on what would feed me for a month? Nope. Its one of the many reasons why I gave up doing Premieres £20 Train Ticket and spending all day up in London in Christ knows what weather on the offchance that the talent will come over and sign. That £20 could go on food and so theres always situations where its like do I? Do I not?

I hope that (for your sake) Gillian is cheaper this time around, as it would be nice for true Fans to meet her :)

I have to agree with you for a change. Meeting Gillian Anderson was probably one of my favourite star meetings since I started attending these events. Looking forward to seeing her again at MK. I did have to scrimp and save for autos and photoshoots but I'm glad I did.

• Like 1

I'll pay whatever it is too.

I just said I cant see it changing much as I think £45 is about right really.

I also never rule out prices going up a bit too as the related expenses involved with transporting and accommodating guests etc increases with market fluctuations.

In every case I have 100% confidence that Showmasters will negotiate the best arrangements possible for all concerned.

• Like 1

Personally I feel for a guest of Gillian Anderson's caliber, the price is justified. I appreciate that what's affordable is relative, as of course getting any autograph means different things to all of us. I was very glad that last time her photoshoot was cheaper at £35 - so I ended up just getting a photo with her and not an autograph, but I still got to meet her briefly and had a fantastic experience, and I also went to the paid talk which was another way to enjoy her attending the show but for less money than an autograph. But if I didn't already have her autograph on an XF photo I would have happily paid for an autograph too - only one, and I'd have had to save little, but although we all have different financial commitments, personally I felt Showmasters gave us plenty of notice so those of us who wanted/needed to save up had a chance to do so. So basically what I'm trying to say is I appreciate that Showmasters have given us pretty much 4 months notice, as that really helps :)

At the end of the day, if there's a choice between getting a fantastic guest but having to charge more than usual or not getting the guest, I'd definitely rather Showmasters got the guest and then we have the choice of meeting them or not. :D

• Like 1

Having second thoughts about what to get Signed this time around.

4 X-Files

1 Great (let's face it she did play one heck of a seriously delectable Miss Havisham did she not) Expectations.

Am still wondering when her price will be confirmed, so I know how to reasonably sort it.

just when I thought this show couldnt get any BIGGER or BETTER.....WOW....

this is a great guest for me....

realy hope she doesnt cancel at the last minute....

this show is gonna be massive...

realy looking forward to it....

never have I been going to a show to see so many different guests....

Thank you Showmasters..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

After what I heard yesterday (from a reputable/and (to me) very Friendly dealer) whilst camping out for the Baftas, I feel it would be best to pass on this bit of info to others.

A year ago the only way people knew to be certain of getting Gillian's Autograph was at a Premiere/Stage Door or what have you an the likelihood of her Signing/touching X Files was laughable, then with her being announced as the big guest almost a year ago now this was obviously Xciting news for us Fans so getting her to sign X-Files is a big thing.

For some time I was worried that this would also happen at one point away from conventions ie stage doors and the like.

With what I was told yesterday, and I trust this person, Gillian will NOT sign X-Files away from the convention circuit, which obviously makes anything X Files she signs that more valuable to us, the Fans. This makes me glad that her initial stance remains as getting her Autograph on X Files is a lot rarer.

P.S. I'm in no way affiliated with Showmasters and not an employee so I'm not on commission for saying that which some may already know (regarding Scully) and what others would like to know - let's face it Gillian is a Fantastic Guest to get anyways and especially on X Files :)