VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dan Aykroyd's been here recently, so he's my guess...Please let it be him!

Any chance of a clue - is it a Star Wars guest, or Harry Potter or Doctor Who or a film star?

I got his autograph on Tuesday at a signing he did, he posed for pictures, happily signed as many things as people wanted and even chatted. Dan Aykroyd was the best person ever to meet!

Where was this??? I missed out :P

It was a launch event for his new Vodka.

I understand that you had to buy a bottle to get access to the man himself, the cheapest of which was £60 (the next size up being £150)!!

The Vodka was £49 well worth it though to meet the legend, I got 3 autographs out of him, a photo and ............A bottle of vodka lol it's in a cool crystal skull shaped bottle :(

• Moderators

Does 'first time signer anywhere' mean at unofficial conventions?

Because if they have never been signing at a SD Comic Con that limits alot of people (Lost guests etc)

SDCC is considered more of a promotional event than a fan event, so I would put that in the same category as book/dvd signings etc, and not consider that.

Any chance of a clue - is it a Star Wars guest, or Harry Potter or Doctor Who or a film star?

I got his autograph on Tuesday at a signing he did, he posed for pictures, happily signed as many things as people wanted and even chatted. Dan Aykroyd was the best person ever to meet!

I understand that you had to buy a bottle to get access to the man himself, the cheapest of which was £60 (the next size up being £150)!!

The Vodka was £49 well worth it though to meet the legend, I got 3 autographs out of him, a photo and ............A bottle of vodka lol it's in a cool crystal skull shaped bottle :(

I am very jealous :( I didn't see anything advertised about this at all... was it in London?

I am very jealous :( I didn't see anything advertised about this at all... was it in London?

Yes, at an off licence in Soho.

ha, my mind casts back to chevron, 1st time convention guests, who turned out both had done either LFCC or EMS, but of course they arnt conventions are they, picard face palm.

I have no idea what you mean there, sorry. Musetta and Vanessa? Mark said that some time ago that the plan was to get more people for Chevron who haven't been over for a convention, but I can not recall anyone at Chevron announced as a first time signer that has done LFCC or EMS.

The last confusion I remember regarding Chevron was David Blue and that was San Diego and ages ago.

The one day thing would fit for Michael J Fox. He may have to have a set autograph and photo limit too to make sure he isn't overwhelmed or overworked.

And thats one of the reasons why he wouldnt make a viable guest for SM. Remember SM have to pay expenses and everything else for a guest to appear, it just wouldnt be worth SMs budget for him to come over if he's only able to sign and do so much.

Edited by nicky

ha, my mind casts back to chevron, 1st time convention guests, who turned out both had done either LFCC or EMS, but of course they arnt conventions are they, picard face palm.

I have no idea what you mean there, sorry. Musetta and Vanessa? Mark said that some time ago that the plan was to get more people for Chevron who haven't been over for a convention, but I can not recall anyone at Chevron announced as a first time signer that has done LFCC or EMS.

The last confusion I remember regarding Chevron was David Blue and that was San Diego and ages ago.

chris and ben ;-)

Oooh yeah that Dark Knight Rises premier idea is a good one. This event is a few weeks prior to release so maaaaybe.

There's lot of things going on in London around the time of LFCC, its not like the cast of The Dark Knight Rises will be the only actors in London around that time. I dont get the logic in people saying this. Lots of actors live and work around London, it could just as easily be them.

chris and ben ;-)

Forgive me for connecting you with the ladies first. :firedevil:

While we are nitpicking it was Ben only. ;) Chris was like a bonus, the announcement was only about one guest.

Or Jason can't sleep early anymore because he's broken :(

Or maybe the guest is an insomniac?

• Showmasters Admin

the time this was posted was very late, indicating that the guest will be American as they are six hours behind (correct me?)

you are correct but it could as easily be their agent is american, because that's who Jason would have likely have been talking to to finalise the deal. American agent = American guest, probably but not always ;)

I'm not saying it's not an american guest but the time of the announcement doesn't really mean a lot. But nice try on the sluthing :firedevil: