guest cancellation Micheal Hogan

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are sorry to have to let you know that Micheal Hogan will now no longer be attending this show we will look into seeing him at another show .

anyone that has bought photo ops form us will get a full refund we will try and do this asap but we may not get this done till after the weekend now as we are at the show now , but we will do this very soon .

thank you

jason

The news we all feared following his twitter message earlier has been confirmed.

Thanks for clarifying Jason, saves me a trip on Saturday (for photo op), so the money I save in petrol will let me spend more Sunday!

Hope the X.O. is OK, and he is able to return to the UK soon, luckily for me, I'll be seeing ihim in a couple of months Stateside. :(

Can someone at least tell me that there won't be any more cancellations. I've got a long journey down to Milton Keynes today and the last thing I need is to arrive at the event tomorrow morning only to find that yet another guest has decided not to grace us with their presence.

• Moderators

No one can ever promise there will be no more cancellations - things can come up at any time that are beyond showmasters or the guest's control, which prevent them attending. If a guest were to wake up tomorrow morning violently ill would you still expect them to attend the event? I highly doubt any guest ever just 'decides' not to attend.

@ robert_bond

Seriously mate?

Can SM confirm no other cancellations? All those name-checks in your signature means a lot of conventions and so...convention experience, and you are expecting guarantees?

The very sad truth is (despite its unlikely nature) that every single guest could cancel tonight and SM would not be able to do anything about it. And you expect guarantees.

As for needing another guest to plug the gap.

Have you been looking at the wrong "guests page" or something? I'm asking because what you said did not really make any sense. As far as I can see, this event has a perfect blend of old faves, comedy classics, returning Stars, excellently mixed Hollywood and British Talent and some SUPER-CURRENT TV TOTTY erm sorry...I meant Fan Favourite from a "A+" grade Smash Hit SF BBC TV Show.

Edited by SlippDigby

I'm probably making enemies here but:

While it is very disappointing about another cancelation, you come to expect them after going to a few cons, I never book for one guest in particular usually I wait until there are at least 7 or 8 that I want to see.

@ Starbug: While Robert Patrick is a great guest, I don't think he was ever going to be a replacement, I reckon he was invited before the cancellations and would have to disagree that he makes up for Lou Diamond, Laura, Michael and Vivica.

@ Robert: dude you have 80 lines of text in your signature ....it takes 5 minutes to get to the next post,

please tidy it up a little.:uhoh:

I disagree with the above person who said the show definitely needs a replacement. Why? There are still some fantastic and rare guests coming up this weekend, Levar, Gates, John DeLancie, Robert Patrick.etc - I think it will be a fantastic event just like last year's with Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew and Linda Hamilton!

Any chance of a last minute replacement? This event definitely needs it now.

Well presuming that they paid for his airfare, as Michael is 'detained' in London, there wouldnt be a spare airline ticket available for someone else to use.

We all lose with late cancelations, we kiss out on the actors, the actors miss out on seeing fans/making a bit of money and SM;s lose out through cancelled transport costs and charges on creditcard refunds.

It is unfortunate but part of the business.

Edited by TonytheCylon

shame, not been keeping up with all the twitter stuff yesterday but from what I did see this all seems a little weird.

You're probably a tad confused as most of the conversations regarding this have been deleted :YAHOO:

shame, not been keeping up with all the twitter stuff yesterday but from what I did see this all seems a little weird.

You're probably a tad confused as most of the conversations regarding this have been deleted :YAHOO:

There was one topic deleted - which started with a wrong message (saying the tweet wasn't from Michael after all) and then said topic started to turn into a discussion about seeing guests at other shows after only a handful of posts.

I did notice a couple of edits before I went off and I assume it got to the "no talking about other events" rule to be left on. It clearly wasn't discussing the tweet anymore. The majority of that discussion is in the Guest Days and Prices topic and is still there.