Are we going to get any new guests?

breakout

Yay! When will they be announced!?!!!!

There's an old legend, handed down on tattered fragments of papyrus, that says that every time somebody posts "when's the next guest being announced?" (or words to that effect), the next guest announcement is delayed for at least an extra day...

:D

lol love it! Think we should just all be patient. After all the Convention's not until October. :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if we are going to get any new guests?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Mark :lol:

I cant' wait for the next announcement! :poki: Thanks Mark!

me neither!!

i'm so excited!!

i hope its soon :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm hoping the reason we don't know who any of the other guest are yet is because it's someone BIG and they need to becareful of ANNOYING, MENTAL, SCREAMING, OUT OF CONTROL silly little stalker type girls who'd ruin the whole thing for the rest of us. :chair:

Or at least thats what i'm telling myself :P

• Moderators

Considering the event sold out so quickly, they have the luxury of taking their time to get the best guests they possibly can. They're not needing to worry about getting anyone quickly to sell more tickets etc.

So while it may be frustrating for some, I think it's a good thing that they have more time to negotiate. Hopefully the results will be good :vader:

Good point DavidB! And as Rob Pattinson must be homesick by now, having not been home since February I suggest that SM start with him :firedevil:

Come on Rob come and hang with 800 fangirls in Northampton in October, we promise not to be as crazy as the American fans - honest!!! :vader:

Edited by SugarSpunSister

• Showmasters Admin

You can think of it like this.

What if you have £100 to go shopping and you had to get 4 to 6 tops, one of them you want to be extra special as it's for your birthday. Assume for this example all tops are bought in a sale and are not returnable :WINCE:

As you go around you may find 2 tops for £15 and get them and then one for £20 and get that. Now you've spent £50 so far on 3 tops you're very happy with.

So although you've been looking for the one REALLY great top all along, you've not found it YET! Now you know it'll be about £30 for this great top but you've not found it yet so you don't know for sure.

What do you do? Do you buy 2 more tops for £10 each as you find them (leaving you with £30). OR do you go and find that GREAT top first?

If you get the 2 £10 tops, what happens if you THEN find THE MOST AMAZING TOP EVER for £40? You're out of luck, you only have £30 left. Where as, if you'd looked for the special top first you'd have the £40 for the top and still have £10 for one more.

Now it's the same for ME. They have a certain amount of money to get 4 to 6 guests.

The BIG guests are harder to get and to get confirmed. So they will be looking for these right from the off, but sometimes they don't get them right away. But a time comes where they have to concentrate on getting that BIG guest or they may not be able to afford them when they turn up.

This is obviously a VERY overly simplified way of looking at what really happens and it can be different for every show. Different guests get confirmed at different times. But it gives you an idea of why sometimes there is a big gap and it's because they are looking for those BIG (harder to confirm) names.

It makes sense to an extent but it doesn't really because they have limited money but it's not making sense when they're going out to organise other twilight events with this limited money and buying 't shirts' for other events when they could buy us a lovely t shirt with that money.

Edited by staceymichelle

Well I'm hoping the reason we don't know who any of the other guest are yet is because it's someone BIG and they need to becareful of ANNOYING, MENTAL, SCREAMING, OUT OF CONTROL silly little stalker type girls who'd ruin the whole thing for the rest of us. ;)

Or at least thats what i'm telling myself :blush:

Ha ha ha lets hope!!

What if you have £100 to go shopping and you had to get 4 to 6 tops, one of them you want to be extra special as it's for your birthday. Assume for this example all tops are bought in a sale and are not returnable :dance:

As you go around you may find 2 tops for £15 and get them and then one for £20 and get that. Now you've spent £50 so far on 3 tops you're very happy with.

So although you've been looking for the one REALLY great top all along, you've not found it YET! Now you know it'll be about £30 for this great top but you've not found it yet so you don't know for sure.

What do you do? Do you buy 2 more tops for £10 each as you find them (leaving you with £30). OR do you go and find that GREAT top first?

If you get the 2 £10 tops, what happens if you THEN find THE MOST AMAZING TOP EVER for £40? You're out of luck, you only have £30 left. Where as, if you'd looked for the special top first you'd have the £40 for the top and still have £10 for one more.

Now it's the same for ME. They have a certain amount of money to get 4 to 6 guests.

The BIG guests are harder to get and to get confirmed. So they will be looking for these right from the off, but sometimes they don't get them right away. But a time comes where they have to concentrate on getting that BIG guest or they may not be able to afford them when they turn up.

This is obviously a VERY overly simplified way of looking at what really happens and it can be different for every show. Different guests get confirmed at different times. But it gives you an idea of why sometimes there is a big gap and it's because they are looking for those BIG (harder to confirm) names.

Ha ha ha like your analogy (is that the right word?) there! So I shall sit tight and keep everything crossed!!

It makes sense to an extent but it doesn't really because they have limited money but it's not making sense when they're going out to organise other twilight events with this limited money and buying 't shirts' for other events when they could buy us a lovely t shirt with that money.

Yes but they aren't using ET2 money to fund other events. For example, they're using the money they get from the tickets for ISOM to also fund ISOM. :dance:

Edited by twilight obsessive

• Showmasters Admin

Yes it's true that the good events will help them through the bad ones. But it's not about money from ET2 buying t-shirts for another event.

Each event is taken as a single entity fo rincome and out goings. Each event will have a certain amount of money ME know they can spend on guests and still make a profit.

What if you have £100 to go shopping and you had to get 4 to 6 tops, one of them you want to be extra special as it's for your birthday. Assume for this example all tops are bought in a sale and are not returnable :angel:

haha I loved that so very true!

I'm hoping that they are saving the best till last this way theres less chance that they will cancel cuz surely they should know their plans for october by now!

What if you have £100 to go shopping and you had to get 4 to 6 tops, one of them you want to be extra special

So there you have it; Robert Pattinson - the hand-knitted cashmere paisley tanktop in the great jumper store of life :wub:

What if you have £100 to go shopping and you had to get 4 to 6 tops, one of them you want to be extra special

So there you have it; Robert Pattinson - the hand-knitted cashmere paisley tanktop in the great jumper store of life ^_^

haha!

So there you have it; Robert Pattinson - the hand-knitted cashmere paisley tanktop in the great jumper store of life :D

Very true.

I was going to post this in the Housebroken section, but thought I'd get a better response here, so...

I believe (& I know I am not the only one) that there is concern that Housebroken has 8 GUESTS signed up & it isn't until February next year...

... & yet an event that is less than 2 months away (Eternal Twilight 2) is completely sold out, but only has 3 guests signed up to attend. :P

I would really like to attend Housebroken, but have already commited to ET2 financially &, as HB isn't til next year, didn't think there would be a rush for tickets. :D

Is there a problem getting guests for ET2? Because there will be a lot of disappointed people if there is... just saying... :(