Are we going to get any new guests?

breakout

• Moderators

A few points to consider:

1) Housebroken is an event that covers a UK show, which means they have UK-based guests. Not only that, but there's only a limited amount of guests they can really get from a small cast.

2) They need to sell tickets for that, and so getting guests as soon as they can is their way of trying to shift tickets.

3) As you say, ET2 has sold out. So there is literally NO rush to sign up guests as quick as possible. It doesn't matter when they're announced, as everyone has their tickets already. So they can take the time to negotiate and get the best guests possible for you.

To be fair, the two events aren't comparable in the slightest, and I don't think we need anyone attending ET2 to worry about the guest list. Clearly ME have great contacts to get Twilight guests, and will be working hard to get the BEST ones they can for you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D well you keep quiet and behave then Cheryl :P

NEVER!!!!! Mwahahahaha :D

Come on Rob come and hang with 800 fangirls in Northampton in October, we promise not to be as crazy as the American fans - honest!!! :wub:

Yeah right lol I think he'd rather be doing anything else than that. Which is a shame but i can understand why :D *sigh*

I have to admit that I'm starting to worry that we wont get any more guests, but I have my fingers crossed for an announcement. The points that David makes are fair and I can see that there is no rush, but I'm definitely being kept on the edge of my seat!

I have to say I agree with Starbuck on the guest issue. Announcing guests for other shows in 2010 when ET2 is now less than 2 months away doesn't reassure me at all.

And if, by some almighty miracle, they announced Rob. You would all be welcome to my ticket as I wouldn't step foot in the place ;)

I have to say I agree with Starbuck on the guest issue. Announcing guests for other shows in 2010 when ET2 is now less than 2 months away doesn't reassure me at all.

I'm with Starbuck on this point too. I've been preaching patience until now, as Showmasters have come through for us before, but now it's gettng so close to the convention date I am nervous. As you posted before, the fact that the con is scheduled two weeks before the end of Eclipse filming doesn't bode well for any of the current cast attending. Really hope we get an announcement soon to put our minds at rest. It's a pretty costly weekend for three guests, good as they are.

And if, by some almighty miracle, they announced Rob. You would all be welcome to my ticket as I wouldn't step foot in the place ;)

You mean you're not keen to watch a Running of the Bulls scenario with Rob as the bull? Me neither. If Rob ever did do another Showmasters event, it would need to be somewhere more controlled than a convention. Considering he's had to hire his own security to feel safe on an already guarded film set, the prospect of him agreeing to be stuck in a hotel for a weekend with 800 baying fans sounds unlikely, to say the least. He would be crazy to attend, and it would be a logistic nightmare for Showmasters and their crew. I don't think it would be much fun for us either; the screaming by some of the fans was bad enough at ET, and I would actually like to hear the film footage and guest talks, thanks.

Its funny that we all know and agree with the fact that if Rob went it would be an absolute nightmare and probably wouldnt go...well obviously not all of us :thumbup:...as much as i'd love to meet him i think stupid, screaming girls has ruined any chance of that and its sad :thumbup:

That is soooo true we would all just make his life HELL for the weekend ..... but he'd still be the coolest guest EVER!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Yeah i doubt rob will come to a con it would be madness :WINCE:

I hope taylor does not become this out of reach for conventions :unsure:

But i think we need a guest announcement its been quiet a while and us twilighters are less than patient :poki: and we have been doing so well lol. Would be nice to get another guest soon cos its worrying but i still have faith that showmasters are trying to get the best possible guests its just like many of you others i am checking this forum every few mins to see if there is a new guest :lol:

I love the guests they already have for ET2, cannot wait to meet Billy, Edi and Gil.

I think this one coming will be the time for people to show that they can behave and act rationally, as TT said in another post (I think) that the staff will be toughening up on people this time. I hope anyone who chases and stalks the guests gets themselves evicted from the con.

Can't wait to hear what other guests they have lined up, but I think they have truly surpassed my expectations already with the current guests.

xoxo

Edited by SugarSpunSister

I love the guests they already have for ET2, cannot wait to meet Billy, Edi and Gil.

The line up so far is great, but just not enough guests for a final line-up.

I think this one coming will be the time for people to show that they can behave and act rationally, as TT said in another post (I think) that the staff will be toughening up on people this time. I hope anyone who chases and stalks the guests gets themselves evicted from the con.

Yes, hopefully people will behave better this time, or deal with the consequences.

• Moderators

No one has ever said this is the final lineup though.

It's not like people are waiting to purchase tickets based on who else is added to the lineup.

Whether it's today, tomorrow, or the week before the event, it simply makes no difference to anyone attending this convention when the guests are announced, beyond making you wait a little longer!

Perhaps you should do a poll?

What would you prefer?

1) A bit part guest announced RIGHT NOW to reassure you.

or

2) A cast member with a bigger role announced a week before the event because they've had longer to negotiate and do contracts.

I'd be very interested in the results, as I'm pretty sure I know what most would want.

No one has ever said this is the final lineup though.

Which is why we're asking about other guest announcements rather than complaining about the final line-up being only three guests :P

Edited by timpe

3 guests for a weekend is hardly enough to warrant someone forking out over £100 for a gold ticket, is it?

Actually it is. In the Shadow of the Moon has 3 guests and the gold tickets went for 145 or something like that. But I don't think you need to worry, I'm sure most of the cast is done filming 3 weeks before Eclipse is finished filming. :)

Edited by Mandelina

• Moderators

So what happens if Showmasters are unable to get anymore guests due to Eclipse filming? 3 guests for a weekend is hardly enough to warrant someone forking out over £100 for a gold ticket, is it?

Then no doubt they'll sort something out for everyone.

They have before in circumstances where the guest list had to be smaller than intended.

Whether that be a voucher towards a future con, or guest encounters included in the price etc.

They know everyone wants value for money, and so will do everything they can to deliver that. But people should give them the time to do the best event they possibly can.

Edited by DavidB

Then no doubt they'll sort something out for everyone.

They have before in circumstances where the guest list had to be smaller than intended.

Whether that be a voucher towards a future con, or guest encounters included in the price etc.

They know everyone wants value for money, and so will do everything they can to deliver that. But people should give them the time to do the best event they possibly can.

Either of these options in place ov extra guests is perfectly fine by me :D

Especially the voucher for a future convention :WINCE:

Edited by Officially_Robsessed

3 guests for a weekend is hardly enough to warrant someone forking out over £100 for a gold ticket, is it?

Actually it is. In the Shadow of the Moon has 3 guests and the gold tickets went for 145 or something like that. But I don't think you need to worry, I'm sure most of the cast is done filming 3 weeks before Eclipse is finished filming. :)

Well, no. In the Shadow of the Moon isn't the same as Eternal Twilight 2 at all - it is advertised as a 'mini event', it's not a full weekend convention :)