William Shatner

Howie

With Leonard Nimoy appearing,do any of you agree it would be fantastic if William Shatner joined him? They frequently appear at the same events in the U.S. not just because they are a great double act but also they are best friends.I met them both at the same event in 2007 and got a colour 8x10 with them,the best money I ever spent!What do others think?!

Even after everything i've heard i'd still love to meet him. Mainly for Boston Legal and TJ hooker than Star Trek, but can you imagine a photoshoot with Shatner and Nimoy?? ( I think they did one at a con in the states).

Edited by keithporter23

Was fine with me at MK last time, wasnt rude at all. But I did meet him early in the moring when he had an open queue.

And he charged the same as Nimoy is charging this time. So he wasnt charging 'more than any other guest', just at that con he was the biggest name and they usually charge £25

I wouldnt meet him again for an auto as I already have one. But if he did a photoshoot on the sunday I might be pursuaded to do it.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Yes I think it'd be a great idea, they do that a lot in the US and it goes down really well :D love Boston Legal too!

I have to say, like BeatrixKiddo88, I met him but later on in the day on his last visit and he was very polite, looked up and said thank you...understand what everyone's saying but it'd be a shame to not have him back after one (mixed-up!) visit.

I've got to that point with Shatner where I just want his signature in my book, I accept the fact he is going to be rude and not a great meeting but I don't really care anymore!

I completely agree with you, at the moment I would just like his signature and if he is rude so be it, at least I would have met him.

Ill admit when i met Shatner i found him to be a very cool dude.

True he was VERY VERY rude about the rather overweight and musty smelling person before me as he walked off with his auto.Shatner said something along the lines of "will you get a look of that" but with me he was fine and i got a smile probably because im ashamed to admit it his comment made me laugh not because overweight smelly people are funny it was just funny to hear it coming from him...he has a way.

I hear the same said of Anthony Daniels regarding his attitude but from who again i got nothing but smiles and future untainted viewings of Star Wars without once thinking Tony Daniels.....what a ***!.

i hope to meet him again as i need more items signed.

he wouldent look up at fans or shake hands however hes there to sign things.

i saw him acknowledge people a few times

*holds hand up*

I was that person :thumbup: I found him fine - though I didn't expect a long chat so had no problem with the 'Hi', eye contact, pick up picture. I also didn't have the terribly unique box of yoghurty Bran Flakes to be signed. JCB was the one shoving stuff in front of his face, telling him to hurry, maybe there's part of the blame.

I hear the same said of Anthony Daniels regarding his attitude but from who again i got nothing but smiles and future untainted viewings of Star Wars without once thinking Tony Daniels.....what a ***!.

That's because you're a young (ish :thumbup: ) bloke!

That's because you're a young (ish :thumbup: ) bloke!

I was about to say the same thing, meeting him was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life!

True he was VERY VERY rude about the rather overweight and musty smelling person before me as he walked off with his auto.Shatner said something along the lines of "will you get a look of that"
:dance::WAVE::lol:

Perhaps you even mis-heard him and he said, "Will you look at the man-boobs on that!!!" Followed by a low growl.

That's because you're a young (ish :dance: ) bloke!

What was your experience of him then Lizzy, out of curiosity?

That's because you're a young (ish :D ) bloke!

Thank You.

See that unintentional camp pout i sometimes sport on photos does come in handy.

Indeed!!

What was your experience of him then Lizzy, out of curiosity?

I met him at another show in London (my first ever show I think, back in 02!) with my brother, his gf at the time, my mum and my bf at the time. My brother and his gf (she was a big fan) were the ones wanting his scribble, but I wanted to meet him anyway. We stood infront of him for a fair few mins (not much of a queue as it was late in the day) and he was happily chatting away to my brother and bf. Every time I went to ask a question, or open my mouth, he just blanked me totally! To the point where I actually said what I wanted to say to my bf, and he had to repeat it- to which he got an answer. Us 3 girls were just totally blanked, whilst he flirted with the men. My best friend is gay, nothing against that at all- he was just so rude to us, and I noticed it again at a more recent show he was at (I didn't meet him, just watched him for a bit). Pathetic, really.

Anyway, I loved the Shatner, and knew it was going to be a 2 sec thing anyway. I was in the first 20 to meet him, and I got a fleeting "Have a nice day" as I walked off. Would still like to see him again!