HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

Hi Mark

no problems booking until i say i want a family room they say they only have rooms for two people. Sorry to bother you , but will i be able to get a family room.

cheers

Mick

I`m off to collectormania midlands at the weekend so i`ll try and sort it out then if you have no luck.

Edited by starfighter

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a room booked by calling.

Asked to speak to Ellen at Group Reservations. Apparently she doesn't deal with it - tried to forward me to America but when said that didn't work she tried another number in the hotel. Got forwarded to Sabu and after some trouble of being able to find the room but not book it managed to get the room booked for Fri, Sat & Sun night at con-rate. He seemed to be able to find the room after saying bed&breakfast.

What kind of room are we staying in?

Here goes stupid me.... I noticed on the Reservation thingy to ameand it and it says:- Your preferences have been submitted with your reservation and are subject to hotel availability.

What does that mean, I dont really have preferences, I only changed the room, unless that falls under preferences, and what does preference mean anyway?

Sorry for my knowlauge on stuff like this!

Thanks!

Edited by DarknessHayz

Here goes stupid me.... I noticed on the Reservation thingy to ameand it and it says:- Your preferences have been submitted with your reservation and are subject to hotel availability.

What does that mean, I dont really have preferences, I only changed the room, unless that falls under preferences, and what does preference mean anyway?

Sorry for my knowlauge on stuff like this!

Thanks!

It means things like smoking or non smoking rooms, how many beds etc - on the group reservations it doesn't apply

What does that mean, I dont really have preferences

"preferences" are things like king vs queen vs twin beds, smoking vs non-smoking etc. However, there's usually also a little box for comments in your reservation, where you can put things like "preferably rooms on the first floor" or "tenth floor" or "not near the elevators" etc.

I'm pretty sure the line "your room type preference have been noted" etc. is a standard line, and will appear on your reservation regardless of what you chose.

PS I talked to a lady called... I think it was Joyce on the line just now. She sounded really sorry when I told her I wanted to cancel my reservation, but cheered up considerably when I told her I'd already booked another reservation for 8 people. :YAHOO:

Edited by Dallista

I booked a room for friday-monday at the con rate because of thursday not being included in it before. Now I'm trying to change my reservation, but for some reason it's not letting me change the dates and get the con rate. anyone else have this problem online?

Edited by broksgurl717

I booked a room for friday-monday at the con rate because of thursday not being included in it before. Now I'm trying to change my reservation, but for some reason it's not letting me change the dates and get the con rate. anyone else have this problem online?

I posted a couple of pages ago, I said I'd had the same problem - you need to call to get the con rate extra days added

I posted a couple of pages ago, I said I'd had the same problem - you need to call to get the con rate extra days added

Problem is I have no idea what number I need to call to do that, because I live in the US.

Problem is I have no idea what number I need to call to do that, because I live in the US.

00 44 121 780 4242

00 44 121 780 4242

thanks! Got through and changed my reservations. :)

Thank you, Mark and Jason (and David B and Queen Sindel) for all your work! I've successfully booked a Queen room for four nights, Thursday through Sunday, online with the proper code and at the con rate. I'll cancel the other one tomorrow, when I'm sufficiently awake.

Huge sigh of relief.:P

I booked with an electron.

It accepted the number and everything (other sites have refused it when trying to use it) so I assume they will take it on the weekend.

If not it is their error as I was able to book with it. The Imax website for example wont let you enter a visa electron number if you select visa (the only visa option they have)

The Hilton lets you. Leading me to believe that either they are in error, or their option for 'visa' covers both normal and electron.

I have two bookings at this hotel at the moment, both have my card number and accepted it for bookings.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Well I was able to amend my existing booking to confirm the convention rate for all three nights which is fab - but my partner and I are once again in Twin beds because so few queen beds are available on the Saturday night. We haven't managed to have a stay in a hotel in a double bed even once yet!! But we are adept at pushing twins together and trying not to fall down the chasm in the middle of the night... :D

Oh well, I guess I'll keep checking and hope they open more up soon. As it IS so easy to amend the booking online there's no harm in hoping for cancellations or more queen rooms right?