HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

Just phoned up and was told that he could only offer me a twin room for two nights or a double for a couple nights. Surely the hotel can't be booked up already and really worried now.

I've just been told (by an american woman) that the cheapest rooms available are £127 a night. She had con rate rooms listed at correct price but apparently none are available.

Think I'll leave it until Tuesday ^_^

She also asked me if was something to do with the government...

Had an Amerian guy who told me that all the convention rate rooms had gone and that he could only offer me a room for two of the nights at con rates. Then offered me £121 for the other nights. Should learn some telephone skills too. Mumbleing away and really didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Thought this was meant to be a 4 star hotel. Will try online on Tuesday. Not impressed with this hotel so far.

Edited by Tina

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still only allowing me a two night stay with the code - check out Sunday. If I choose a Monday check out I'm still getting the error.

I miss the Park Inn ^_^

I rang them up and got the con rate from Check in Thursday to check out Monday... All for under £300 (I wont give the exat price)

I just phoned them and was told it's Con rates for Friday and Saturday only!, Sunday night is more expensive!

I'll try again after Easter.

Is that price supposed to be per person or per room?

The price is per room.

As Purple_Vamp has posted, there is a problem with the booking code at the moment and it can not be fixed until Tuesday.

Your best bet at the moment is to either try for Friday and Saturday night online if you feel better knowing that you have a room for at least those nights, or please wait until Tuesday.

Just phoned up and was told that he could only offer me a twin room for two nights or a double for a couple nights. Surely the hotel can't be booked up already and really worried now.

the lady I spke I think her name was Jen said that the rooms have been availbe since 12 March at the con rate. I think people maybe Barrowman fans who arent on the forum all booked rooms since he was announced and the hotel just gave them the con rate with out the code.

I thought at the Hub it was said we would get Hilton rooms at either same price as Park inn or even cheeper I geuss £10 more isn't to bad for the Hilton but £112 for one night is insane and one guy was trying to charge me exta because there was 2 of sharing when it's supposed to be per room not per a person.

the lady I spke I think her name was Jen said that the rooms have been availbe since 12 March at the con rate. I think people maybe Barrowman fans who arent on the forum all booked rooms since he was announced and the hotel just gave them the con rate with out the code.

I thought at the Hub it was said we would get Hilton rooms at either same price as Park inn or even cheeper I geuss £10 more isn't to bad for the Hilton but £112 for one night is insane and one guy was trying to charge me exta because there was 2 of sharing when it's supposed to be per room not per a person.

I don't think that the rooms are actually sold. There's a bad glitch in the reservation/communications pipeline, and the code isn't working properly and isn't likely to until Tuesday, at the earliest.

You're quite right about the insane prices, though. The nights I didn't get at the con rate are costing £146 per night, which is highway robbery for a single room without Internet access. I'm going to sit on my hands (which makes it hard to type :blush:) until I can fix the situation.

Are the people who are booking being redirected to reservations? 'Cos the inhouse are closed and when I called the hotel tried to redirect me to central reservations.

I declined the offer because I used to work for them and know they cannot offer the Con rate, maybe that's why there's difficulty with getting availability of rooms at the moment.

Just as suggestion as I know the inhouse and central systems, allocations and prices are different and group rates aren't available from central res. For my own booking I'm gonna wait til Tuesday to speak to inhouse and get it all sorted out.

Are the people who are booking being redirected to reservations? 'Cos the inhouse are closed and when I called the hotel tried to redirect me to central reservations.

I declined the offer because I used to work for them and know they cannot offer the Con rate, maybe that's why there's difficulty with getting availability of rooms at the moment.

Just as suggestion as I know the inhouse and central systems, allocations and prices are different and group rates aren't available from central res. For my own booking I'm gonna wait til Tuesday to speak to inhouse and get it all sorted out.

Reservations managed to sort it out for me yesterday when I called, though I cant give you the guys name, as I didnt understand it when he said it!

Edited by DarknessHayz

I know most of the hard core John Barrowman fans - hell I am one of them! To my knowledge noone had sorted a hotel room until the codes went live so no blaming the Barrowman fans!

Look clearly the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing and everybody is being told completely different information by the hotel which is frustrating for the customer and embarrassing for Massive Events who I'm sure will be making their displeasure known!

But I wouldn't be panicking about the rooms just yet - the con rate rooms can't possibly all be sold out yet and the stuff about the con rate having been live since 12 March is just nonsense when it was only announced on here yesterday! I will say that in my experience with this hotel having attended another convention there that the convention rate was only available for a fairly limited period of time which meant that you couldn't just book the week before and still get the rooms at the con rate. But we're talking about the rate being available for a couple of months - not hours!

Don't fret I'm sure all will be sorted on Tuesday!

Edited by Persephone1

But I wouldn't be panicking about the rooms just yet - the con rate rooms can't possibly all be sold out yet

And even if it did, there's loads of other hotels nearby, one is half that price.

Foodwise you are only 25mins from central Birmingham, it's £3.50 or so for a return by bus or train.

Yeah Friday and Saturday nights are fine, no problems. But not for Sunday night.

I got Saturday and Sunday at the con rate, but not Thursday or Friday. Everyone's getting disparate results. Some people aren't getting anything. Broken system.

Yeah Friday and Saturday nights are fine, no problems. But not for Sunday night.

I got Saturday and Sunday at the con rate, but not Thursday or Friday. Everyone's getting disparate results. Some people aren't getting anything. Broken system.

Which is why we hare being told to wait until Tuesday. I could have booked rooms for two of the nights when I phoned but couldn't understand what he meant when he was talking about the Thursday and the Friday nights and to tell you the truth I couldn't deal with the hassle right now so hopefully Tuesday if fixed will be much clearer to book. Well that's what I am hoping. :D

Which is why we hare being told to wait until Tuesday. I could have booked rooms for two of the nights when I phoned but couldn't understand what he meant when he was talking about the Thursday and the Friday nights and to tell you the truth I couldn't deal with the hassle right now so hopefully Tuesday if fixed will be much clearer to book. Well that's what I am hoping. :D

I booked my room before most of the trouble was reported here, so I'm hoping to fix the thing on or shortly after Tuesday. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, as well. :)

I thought they block booked the hotel so they had plenty of rooms for all of us to go in.

That was the plan and according to my knowledge this has happened.

There is an error in the booking system which the hotel can not correct before Tuesday due to the bank holiday weekend. Probably the responsible person on the hotel's end is not in before.

Blackbird has summed it up correctly: "Broken system."

Which hptel is nearby and half the price? Please tell.

But I wouldn't be panicking about the rooms just yet - the con rate rooms can't possibly all be sold out yet

And even if it did, there's loads of other hotels nearby, one is half that price.

Foodwise you are only 25mins from central Birmingham, it's £3.50 or so for a return by bus or train.

Which hptel is nearby and half the price? Please tell.

id love to know too please :D

Ive been trying all day to book rooms at hilton for autographica for 18th april - and having the same problems with the code for that. I think its a problem with Hilton - again they told me to try again on tuesday. Surely there must be some staff there over bank holiday weekend??

Ive been trying all day to book rooms at hilton for autographica for 18th april - and having the same problems with the code for that. I think its a problem with Hilton - again they told me to try again on tuesday. Surely there must be some staff there over bank holiday weekend??

I can only speak for American hotels here, but local reservation there is very rarely in on the weekend, same thing goes for convention managers. There's staff there, but not those guys. Reservation requests during weekends are usually rerouted to Central Reservations if reception is too busy. And I am thinking the local reservation or the convention manager are the ones who need to fix this.