HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

I'm about to book a room for a friend & myself.

But I have one query!

On the website it says

HUB FREESALE

HUB FREESALE

BED & BREAKFAST RATE

OWN ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE, NON CANCELLABLE

72.45 GBP

RECR

HUB FREESALE

BED & BREAKFAST RATE

OWN ACCOUNT

And I was just wondering, if it is really non-cancellable?

The thing is I'm only booking this room as a reserve, just in case we can't stay with a friend of ours.

So if I booked a twin room for 2 nights and then cancelled it closer to the event, would I be charged for it?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to book a room for a friend & myself.

But I have one query!

On the website it says

HUB FREESALE

HUB FREESALE

BED & BREAKFAST RATE

OWN ACCOUNT

CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE, NON CANCELLABLE

72.45 GBP

RECR

HUB FREESALE

BED & BREAKFAST RATE

OWN ACCOUNT

And I was just wondering, if it is really non-cancellable?

The thing is I'm only booking this room as a reserve, just in case we can't stay with a friend of ours.

So if I booked a twin room for 2 nights and then cancelled it closer to the event, would I be charged for it?

In the absence of better advice, mine would be to contact them by phone. If there's a possibility of working something out at all, it's usually better done by a person. If you get someone who doesn't seem able to help, try them again at a different time or on a different day.

Hi Timecake,. When i have stayed at Hotels before they usually allow you to Cancel up to 4pm the DAY BEFORE YOU CHECK IN, if you don't show up or phone and cancel they will Charge your Card for the Whole of your stay. My best advice is to phone Reservations and ask what there Hotel Policy is before you book anything, that way nobody looses there money. Hope this advice helps. julie-t :D

Hi Never,. How did you get on Booking your Room online did my Advice work, i really hope it did some Hotel Booking Forms can be so complicated when they don't need to be. Good Luck. julie-t :D

Totally random but appropriate to this topic, I think that when you book hotels with a special rate or discount, its necessary for them to be non-refundable as I have a room booked for Manchester for the end of September and its special discount and non-refundable and cannot be changed or cancelled.

xxx

Hi Timecakes,. Yes that is a bummer about the Hilton, Why don't you try the advice i gave Kirst and Log onto Laterooms.com and enter Hotels Birmingham N.E.C. they have lots of offers and i am sure i read there is a cancellation policy. It may be worth checking this out if it helps you get a room for Hub 3, Good Luck. julie-t :WAVE::WAVE:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not happy, cause on the email conformation of the booking it says

Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:

• Your reservation is guaranteed for late arrival.

• Please contact us should you need to cancel your reservation.

• The deposit is non-refundable.

but I can't ring them at the mo as the phones all broken, so I've tried to cancel over the internet, (I'm cancelling as I'm now staying Sunday night as well and only booked Fri + Sat nights, so I've found me a roomie) and it won't let me.

Edited by Octarina

but I can't ring them at the mo as the phones all broken, so I've tried to cancel over the internet, (I'm cancelling as I'm now staying Sunday night as well and only booked Fri + Sat nights, so I've found me a roomie) and it won't let me.

I think that's because you used a room code there was no deposit and is not refundable..

I think that's because you used a room code there was no deposit and is not refundable..

But it says deposit no-refundable which is fine but it doesn't anywhere say no cancellations which is what I think it means :/

But it says deposit no-refundable which is fine but it doesn't anywhere say no cancellations which is what I think it means :/

The conditions showing up on the website at the moment are:

HUB FREESALE HUB FREESALE BED & BREAKFAST RATE OWN ACCOUNT CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE, NON CANCELLABLE 72.45 GBP RECR HUB FREESALE BED & BREAKFAST RATE OWN ACCOUNT

(apologies for crappy formatting, was cut & paste from hilton website)

ie: according to that it's non-cancellable :smile:

on the other hand, it shouldn't be pre-pay (ie: what timecake was told on the phone was incorrect) - you might need sufficient funds on credit card so they can do the credit card guarantee, but the money shouldn't actually come off your account until you get there (possibly at check-in)?

... hope that helps, sorry if it's confused things even more (*curses at confusing/conflicting hotel conditions*) :(

I'm sure thats not what it said when I booked though, because if it had, I wouldn't have booked it I'd have waited and booked at a later date, and I know I didn't prepay, so the number of different stories is what's confusing me :smile:

i think you're right about the conditions changing over time - just checked the conditions on my first booking and it does say you can cancel up to 4pm on the day of arrival to avoid cancellation penalties. However, booked a second room a few weeks ago (long story) and it says that reservation can't be managed online & to call cust service for any assistance, et al :\

in summary: AAARRGGH! :(

would say your best bet is to check what your original reservation email/booking says, if you have one (I had to login to check the details of the t&cs though). if you can't get to the details online, then think the only option left is to call them, and hope they honour the original cancellation policy (ie: from when you booked)??

sorry if that's confused things further :thumbup:

Edited by glee

I've looked at my e-mail confirmation (I also used the sale code) and it says that I can cancel before 4:00 p.m. on the day of arrival without incurring any cancellation charges.

Hotels codes do run out but Ive never seen them change the cancellation policy on a sale code before.

Bottom line you just need to ring the hotel as soon as possible. I wouldn't volunteer that your confirmation suggests that the deposit is no refundable - just ring up say you want to cancel and want to know how to go about that and then see what they say.

Yup, should cover 3 days, I suggest calling and adding Sunday or do the whole booking over the phone.

Slight problem - I'm deaf and can't use the phone easily! I've e-mailed them but not received a reply (or even an automated acknowledgment) yet.

Any problems with booking Sunday, contact Jason or Derek. I had a similar problem with Bad Wolf & it was sorted.

How do I get in touch with them? I'm pretty new around here. Thanks for the suggestion BTW.

Edited by Darth Ally

How do I get in touch with them? I'm pretty new around here. Thanks for the suggestion BTW.

I've just had a look at the contact section on The Hub 3 site and the email for problems which aren't about the Hub 3 online store or Hub 3 website problems is; info@showmastersonline.com. I'm not completely sure that it's the email Jason or Derek use but whoever does will be helpful anyway. I hope that helps and hopefully, you'll manage to sort out the problem. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Hmm, managed to ring them this afternoon, and am told it is all canceled (didn't bat an eyelid, so I hope thats a good sign and nothing flagged up on the system or whatever) but haven't received the email conformation I was promised, I'm going to leave it till tomorrow afternoon and if it's not come through I shall ring again.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :)