HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my mum paid for our twin room upfront as I remember her exchanging credit card details over the phone. Yeah, I've just checked, and we've got an emailed receipt of our room. It must be optional then. :dance:

They took my mums credit card details but I don't think we're paying until we get there...

Ah, ok, I'm new to this all so I'm not really sure about if it has been paid for or not. My mum can always check if the money has been taken out though so I'm sure we'll be alright in finding out. There shouldn't be a problem. :dance::wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

They follow the standard hotel practice of needing a credit card to guarantee the booking in the case of a no show. It's rare that you pay upfront unless you're getting a special (usually no cancellation allowed) rate or in cases like the Park Inn taking payment upfront then refunding. They will also pre authorise the card on check in, generally about £300-400 to cover them for any room service etc, so if you're near your credit limit it will actually stop you using that card until you check out.

Ah ok, thanks for your help everyone and I hope everyone else manages to book their rooms with as little amount of problems as possible. I'm arriving early on the Saturday morning and staying over until the end of the event. It says that the room will be available from 3pm on the Saturday until 12pm on the Sunday so that's fine as I'll definately have left by then. Will there be a space to place your belongings when you arrive and wait for your hotel room to become available or will I have to carry them around with me all Saturday morning? Thanks in advance for your help and replies to this question. :unsure:

Edited by Doctor Who

Ah ok, thanks for your help everyone and I hope everyone else manages to book their rooms with as little amount of problems as possible. I'm arriving early on the Saturday morning and staying over until the end of the event. It says that the room will be available from 3pm on the Saturday until 12pm on the Sunday so that's fine as I'll definately have left by then. Will there be a space to place your belongings when you arrive and wait for your hotel room to become available or will I have to carry them around with me all Saturday morning? Thanks in advance for your help and replies to this question. B)

Most hotels will let you leave your bag with them if you arrive before check-in time and the room isn't ready yet (typically they'll give you a ticket thing, and put your bag away in a storage room/cupboard/area, then when you come back to go to the room later they take it out and give it back to you).

Similarly, if check out is X time (eg: 11am, 12pm, whatever) and you're not planning on leaving until later in the day, they'll usually let you leave the bag during the day using similar process, then you go back and pick it up when you're leaving.

Hope that helps.

Most hotels will let you leave your bag with them if you arrive before check-in time and the room isn't ready yet (typically they'll give you a ticket thing, and put your bag away in a storage room/cupboard/area, then when you come back to go to the room later they take it out and give it back to you). Similarly, if check out is X time (eg: 11am, 12pm, whatever) and you're not planning on leaving until later in the day, they'll usually let you leave the bag during the day using similar process, then you go back and pick it up when you're leaving. Hope that helps.

That's of great help, thank you very much. B):band:

Edited by Doctor Who

• 2 weeks later...

i just called up to ask about paying up front and i had to. the lady on the phone said that i booked the last twin room so i was lucky :poki: if you haven't booked yet get it done quick the rooms are nearly all gone.

Well done, I'm still not completely sure if I paid upfront for my twin room but I'm sure my mum will find out sooner or later. I've got a receipt emailed anyway. I've asked my parents if I could get down on the Friday night but unfortunately, it's just not going to be possible. Hopefully, someone will be able to fill me in about what happened at the Opening Ceremony though. :dance:

Edited by Doctor Who

Erk! Am hoping to extend to the include the night of the 23rd! I've just phoned the hotel, and they are showing availability, so hopefully I can sort that next week (why does payday have to be a week away!!!!!)

Good luck in getting one, can you not ask to reserve a room and tell them that you'll pay in a week? A few people have booked without paying so if you mention that, I'm sure they'll oblige and sort something out for you. :lol:

I booked as soon as the code was given out )(even through out the problem that there was), and I gave them my bank details, and they didnt take any money out or nowt, and I asked the dude on the phone at least 5 times (he mustve thought I was abit mental), and he told me it wont be taken out until I check in/check out (not sure which he said though)!

int booked yet :0 (Btw Doctor Who I got the ticket thing sorted) but I don't have the money to book yet and won't until Oct so can I book now and pay then for sure?

Good news about the ticket, I knew you wouldn't have forgotten to book it. :poki: I'm not completely definate that you can book now and pay later but from reading this thread, it seems that's what a lot of people have done. Perhaps you could ring up and tell them your situation, I suppose there's no harm in asking. The women I spoke to at the Hilton was lovely and very helpful. Best of luck to everyone on this forum, I hope you all manage to get your rooms sorted out. :poki:

Edited by Doctor Who

Hi Never,. You book your room and pay when you arrive so do it as quick as possible or you will find yourself sleeping in the Car Park, we stayed at the Hilton Metropole for Badwolf this year and everyone paid on arrival. But beware as it happend to us we arrived at 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon and didn't get into our room until 5pm because they were still cleaning the Rooms. Also if after you have paid they ask can they take a swipe of your card they Hold £50 per day from your card incase you want to add things to your Room, We were not told this and it spoiled our weekend as the Money they held off my card was my Son's spending money. Thankfully i had a little cash in my purse to use in the Budget Food Room, but there was no treats for us. This time they are not getting to Swipe my card as i will not let them do it. But if they do run out of Rooms go to Laterooms.com and type Hotels Birmingham N.E.C and they will show you Budget Rooms close by, i recommend that to someone else on this Forum who asked for Hotels close to the Hilton. Good Look Never hope you get your Room sorted. julie-t :P:thumbup:

Edited by julie-t

Hi Never,. You book your room and pay when you arrive so do it as quick as possible or you will find yourself sleeping in the Car Park, we stayed at the Hilton Metropole for Badwolf this year and everyone paid on arrival. But beware as it happend to us we arrived at 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon and didn't get into our room until 5pm because they were still cleaning the Rooms. Also if after you have paid they ask can they take a swipe of your card they Hold �50 per day from your card incase you want to add things to your Room, We were not told this and it spoiled our weekend as the Money they held off my card was my Son's spending money. Thankfully i had a little cash in my purse to use in the Budget Food Room, but there was no treats for us. This time they are not getting to Swipe my card as i will not let them do it. But if they do run out of Rooms go to Laterooms.com and type Hotels Birmingham N.E.C and they will show you Budget Rooms close by, i recommend that to someone else on this Forum who asked for Hotels close to the Hilton. Good Look Never hope you get your Room sorted. julie-t :D:(

Thanks, I'm trying now but it's saying I haven't entered some info properly. Why is it so stupid?!

Hi Never,. When booking online make sure you have put in the code GHUBA and always check you have entered your Bank Card in full using the long number across the front of your card, date the card began and expiry date. Then put in your full address including the area you live in ( Mine would be Norris Green, Liverpool for example) and your postcode, and your Telephone Number Home and Mobile and e-mail address. Hotels do like your Life History to process things, and the important thing is your last 3 numbers on your signature strip on the back of your card. I hope this information Helps and your second attempt works, not everyone is good on a phone so don't think its just you honestly. Good Luck. julie-t :WAVE: