HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now i'm having trouble with amending my booking or its just my very tired brain.

I'm trying to add Sunday night now but its not coming up as the con rate for Sunday.

Am I missing something small? I am putting the code in.

I posted about this a few pages back. Moot now you've cancelled but to add Sunday you need to call them, it won't amend online.

Ok now i'm having trouble with amending my booking or its just my very tired brain.

I'm trying to add Sunday night now but its not coming up as the con rate for Sunday.

I posted about this a few pages back. Moot now you've cancelled but to add Sunday you need to call them, it won't amend online.

Yeah i've sorted it now but thanks for letting me know :)

Nope I couldn't book the Sunday night at Con rate either. I had to phone the hotel, after 20 minutes of being passed from one person to another they managed to add the Sunday night at the con rate.

Nope I couldn't book the Sunday night at Con rate either. I had to phone the hotel, after 20 minutes of being passed from one person to another they managed to add the Sunday night at the con rate.

20 minutes?? Not very good but at least we're sorted. I'm assuming that i'm not going to have any problems amending my card details online, some silly person has given me a credit card so was going to change it to that since my debit expires in October.

Still no availability for family rooms using code,either on line or by phone is this likely to change as if not i am booking the etap as its less than half the price? Was looking forward to the hilton as it would mean my husband could take my daughter off for a swim when the talks and any other bits she finds boring were on but at almost £300 for 2 nights i can't justify this. Shame......

20 minutes?? Not very good but at least we're sorted. I'm assuming that i'm not going to have any problems amending my card details online, some silly person has given me a credit card so was going to change it to that since my debit expires in October.

I think to do with the debit, it doesnt matter, as its only down for the reservation! I am sure of it, as my mums credit card, expires on the 09/09, and it still let her book :), so I guess it wouldntve been a problem!

I think to do with the debit, it doesnt matter, as its only down for the reservation! I am sure of it, as my mums credit card, expires on the 09/09, and it still let her book :), so I guess it wouldntve been a problem!

Yeah I was having that convo with my partner. Just wasn't liking the tiny print on my confirmation under the card details but oh well we'll see.

Still no availability for family rooms using code,either on line or by phone is this likely to change as if not i am booking the etap as its less than half the price? Was looking forward to the hilton as it would mean my husband could take my daughter off for a swim when the talks and any other bits she finds boring were on but at almost £300 for 2 nights i can't justify this. Shame......

I booked a family room for £122 per night this morning, after repeatedly being told by the hotel staff that the family rooms are not included in the con rate.

However as there are 4 of us going this worked out cheaper than 2 rooms at con price.

Any chance that S/M or M/E can confirm that the con rate does not cover family rooms?

Cheers in advance :thumbup:

So do I understand this right in so far that I can book the night from sunday to monday as well at the con rate? Cause then I'd call the Hilton to amend my booking. :P

Yep - did so, and have the confirmation to prove it :) But definitely call, don't do it online

Thanks, will do so tomorrow then! :P Just hope they let me keep my room for one more night insyead of making me move :P

They just changed mine to a three night reservation, so I'm assuming (maybe horribly incorrectly!) that I'm in the one room right through. We shall see!!

Hey, both myself and my roomie Charlie have both tried to book our roon tonight but it is not recognising the promotion code! I attempted to book it last night and it worked fine. The only reason I was unable to book it last night was due to the internet hating my Maestro Solo card yet again :D

Is anyone else having this problem tonight?

I'm probably going to ring in tomorrow to book even though a friend of mine said that she rang in and they had no idea about the con and it's rate :wub:

I was pretty angry by the time I got off the phone but then I had a cup of tea and all was right with world. I think you'll be ok with your card, I've had to use my mum's (thanks mum) because mine runs out in a couple of weeks and I've not received the new one yet. I'll be paying with my own card when we get there.

* Edited because my phone had a fit and sent the same post twice.

Edited by Ophelia

I just tested to see whether or not it was working (I get paranoid sometimes), I entered the dates and the promotional code and its saying that there are no more rooms left available for that code? I tried a couple of times and came up with the same result. Given that the hotel has a fair number of rooms and the fact that the Hub tickets haven't fully sold out yet, I would have assumed there would have been a lot more rooms left? Anyone else having problems today/tonight?

I was able to finally get a room. Twin delux sounds very fancy.

got confirmation email just to be safe, was 5th time lucky. Woman did tell me there was only 6 twin rooms left, thought that was a bit weird.

Whilst its a massive hotel I guess its possible that they've only allocated a particular block of rooms for ME available at the con rate. Certainly when I stayed there for the Bad Wolf event whilst I could get a room I couldn't get one for the convention rate as the block of rooms had all gone.

Just called them to extend the booking, no chance :P:P

Have to say, before I pay the full proce for that extra night I rather skip the party and leave early. Shame though :D

That lays to rest the '700 rooms available at the con rate' theory then! There's always the Etap, as someone's posted, but that would mean a shift on the Sunday and, to be honest, the trip between the two looks a bit :P

Tbh I think with checking out and con program I'll have quite enough to do running around wise without moving to another hotel :D

Might sound a bit whiny, but I don't think I'd be much use to party after that anyway, so I'd rather skip :P

As long as I can store the suitcase somewhere for a few extra hours I should be fine.

That lays to rest the '700 rooms available at the con rate' theory then!

Sadly I don't think that was ever the case - ME will have block booked a section of rooms at the con rate- the hotel hosts so many events it couldn't let them have all the rooms at that rate (The weekend Bad Wolf was there there was an accountancy convention, Over Eaters Anonymous convention and Indian wedding all being held at the same hotel - it was hilarious the wedding guests went from being a bit miffed that they were surrounded by "sci-fi nerds" to loudly and heatedly arguing in the bar over who they thought the best Doctor was.)

Maybe ME can increase the allocation?

Edited by Persephone1

If anyone is still having online booking problems, I just called the hotel, spoke to a very nice man & got booked right away, first time, no problems. :P I gave him the code & said it was for the Massive Events/Showmasters con in October & he had it on the system. I'm not sure how many rooms are left because it sounded as if there were only a portion of rooms set asside for con attendees, but it might be worth still trying. I was only booking for the Friday & Saturday though so I'm none the wiser on the happenings for Sunday night reservations.

Hope that helps.

:D