HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now I've tried again and got the extra night added, same rate, no room change :D

That' s great news. I'm suprised to hear that rooms are already hard to come by. Didn't Showmasters say at the start not to worry as there are 700 plus rooms.

That lays to rest the '700 rooms available at the con rate' theory then!

Sadly I don't think that was ever the case - ME will have block booked a section of rooms at the con rate- the hotel hosts so many events it couldn't let them have all the rooms at that rate (The weekend Bad Wolf was there there was an accountancy convention, Over Eaters Anonymous convention and Indian wedding all being held at the same hotel - it was hilarious the wedding guests went from being a bit miffed that they were surrounded by "sci-fi nerds" to loudly and heatedly arguing in the bar over who they thought the best Doctor was.)

Maybe ME can increase the allocation?

By 'theory' I meant the people who took Jason's 'There are 700 rooms available' to mean that they'd ALL be con rate rather than personally thinking all 700 were available :P I'd be surprised if there were more than 300 on the initial booking myself

Indian wedding? Cool! Can we request that again? I'll swap someone a GDL auto for a nice bit of Bangra :P

Mrs Plinks, good to hear :P

I get the 'there are no rooms available for that code' as well when trying to book online! If there are no rooms left i will be furious as the code only came thru on 9 april and when i checked the forum says problem with the code, trying to fix so today it says fixed but obviously not. i have to stay the sunday night as well as my train ticket is booked for the monday... if the special code is only for two nights well thats very annoying. i suppose i'll have to book the two nights and add one at a higher price... not happy.

ps Managed to book 3 nights now, with breakfast £87 per night. not quite £72.45 (rate came up as £72 until i added breakfast!) but at least I'm booked and won't have to sleep in the foyer on sunday night lol...

Edited by EDZEL

get the 'there are no rooms available for that code' as well when trying to book online! If there are no rooms left i will be furious as the code only came thru on 9 april and when i checked the forum says problem with the code, trying to fix so today it says fixed but obviously not. i have to stay the sunday night as well as my train ticket is booked for the monday... if the special code is only for two nights well thats very annoying. i suppose i'll have to book the two nights and add one at a higher price... not happy.

ps Managed to book 3 nights now, with breakfast £87 per night. not quite £72.45 (rate came up as £72 until i added breakfast!) but at least I'm booked and won't have to sleep in the foyer on sunday night lol...

That means you're paying £15 a day for breakfast as the Hilton's advance single room rate with no breakfast is £72. No breakfast is so good it's worth £15!

If I were you I would cancel that booking and ring the hotel during the day tomorrow and try and book a room at the con rate.

That means you're paying £15 a day for breakfast as the Hilton's advance single room rate with no breakfast is £72. No breakfast is so good it's worth £15!

If I were you I would cancel that booking and ring the hotel during the day tomorrow and try and book a room at the con rate.

Park Inn was doing a full English for £13.

I'm curious as to if there are rooms left.

My friend just tried booking for us and was told that no rooms were left which is a pain. She could book Friday and Saturday at 102 per night and then the sunday at con rate which doesn't make sense. We are booking into the Ibis for now even through it means either shuttle or car ride at least it's something. Just hope more rooms become available or something.

My friend just tried booking for us and was told that no rooms were left which is a pain. She could book Friday and Saturday at 102 per night and then the sunday at con rate which doesn't make sense.

It would make sense that there's still rooms left for Sunday at the con rate. Quite a bunch of people leave Sunday afternoon/evening.

My friend just tried booking for us and was told that no rooms were left which is a pain. She could book Friday and Saturday at 102 per night and then the sunday at con rate which doesn't make sense.

It would make sense that there's still rooms left for Sunday at the con rate. Quite a bunch of people leave Sunday afternoon/evening.

I rang about an hour ago and got told there was a room available for Saturday night at the con rate but would have to pay full/std price for the Friday .... go figure.

Giving up for now - if more rooms become available later then yay, otherwise will work something else out closer to the time <shrug>

I can't believe the reduced rates are gone - that is such a pain.

I have to wait for my friend to book it on his credit card , but he's got family issues at the moment and can't do it till tomorrow.

Hope they release some more rooms at the con rate :D

We're hoping for some rooms to be released at the con rate as well. Hope this is possible.

I have to wait for my friend to book it on his credit card , but he's got family issues at the moment and can't do it till tomorrow.

We're hoping for some rooms to be released at the con rate as well. Hope this is possible.

Me too! I just texted my friend to tell him the actual rate - he nearly had heart attack!

We want to stay on Sunday night too, but he's said if we have to pay full rate then we'll only stay Friday and Saturday.

Me too! I just texted my friend to tell him the actual rate - he nearly had heart attack!

We want to stay on Sunday night too, but he's said if we have to pay full rate then we'll only stay Friday and Saturday.

I've just tried to book a room and was told it was £127 per night bed and breakfast.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi ya,

I have just spoken to The Hilton and everything is once again sorted. If you book now you will be able to get the convention rate! :YAHOO:

For those of you who are curious, the problem was that they only release a certain number of rooms for each night into our convention rate and once these are gone they need to add more otherwise you get charged regular rate! They hadn't done this, but now after a prod they have!

You guys are just too good for them and booking too many rooms!!!!!!! Lol! :P

Let me know if any other problems!

It's gonna be a great weekend! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

I've just tried again - to see if there are some available for Friday to Sunday night (going home Monday) and it's still saying that code is unavailable for those dates!.

I can do it ok for Friday and Saturday - but not for Sunday!

Hopefully it'll be sorted by tomorrow evening as my mate coming over to book it up then.

Edited by Purple_Vamp