SCOTT BAKULA: Who's meeting him and why?

nicky

Scott Bakula  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Scott Bakula

• Yes, I INTEND to go to LFCC and meet him for Quantum Leap OR Star Trek: Enterprise.
    • Yes, I INTEND to go to LFCC and meet him but NOT for QT or ST:E
    • No, I'm not interested in meeting him but AM going to LFCC
    • I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO LFCC.

He'll most likely be the busiest guest there (unless someone else is announced) as 90% UK Trek fans won't have met him yet, and same for QL.

Whilst I agree he'll be busy, I hope he wont be the busiest/biggest there cos I hope we'll get more classic film stars like last year.

Looking at this poll, it shows that over half the people here aren't fans of neither ST or QL - more than half the people here aren't actually interested in meeting him so it begs the question; did he warrant such a huge fanfare from SM? That was partly my reason for making this poll; to see what percentage of people here he would appeal to cos in the past the big guest announcments have been guests with wide range appeal (more than just 2 fandoms).

Still I do understand he's rare and a first time signer in Europe and a lead part in 2 TV shows...but the only people who care about that are the fans of those two (finished) TV shows. I think that's why some people felt a bit of an anti-climax when he was announced.

I don't recall such fanfares for the other rare ST captain, Shatner: The Captain of all Captains (who did have more than 2 shows).

Edited by nicky

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shatner: The Captain of all Captains (who did have more than 2 shows).

That's right - Billy Shatnoids had five : -

* Star Trek

* Barbary Coast

* T J Hooker

* TekWar

* Boston Legal

To be fair to the guy, it amazes me how active he is - I mean, he's 78 - the majority of people are preparing for death at that age, and he's working harder than he ever has. In a way, that's probably what keeps him going... despite all his flaws (and they are legion) I've got a lot of respect for the man, and I was glad to have met him.

I do agree with you though - it would be interesting to find out what exactly those 6 people are meeting the Count for.... FYI, he's just been cast in a Steven Soderbergh film (also starring Matt Damon) : -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Informant_(2009_true_story_film)

Edited by MikeDonovan

this guy is a total legend...I grew up watching him on QL...and he is very hot!! and he was in Boston Legal...what other reasons are there!! :D

can't wait to meet him and ask questions...yeah!! well done showmasters!!...again!!

QL

Was one my all time favourite shows and i still watch repeats now.

I been asking for him as a guest on the guest suggestions for a few months now lol

Im not bothered how popular guests are i dont meet them because they are mega famous, i meet them because i liked what show they did and their charactor, so if very few want to meet him that is fine by me as i wont have to wait hours for his auto lol.

I even asked someone to swap a weekend shift so i could see him (and two other guests) so he more than worth it to me.

Thank u showmasters, i dont know how u do it but u do!!

Im not bothered how popular guests are i dont meet them because they are mega famous, i meet them because i liked what show they did

Same here for me but Scott has only done two shows so there isnt that broad an appeal is what I was getting at. Some people are "fans" - they like the guest and the things they've done and then some people are "collectors" - they meet the guest and get an auto just simply cos they collect autographs fo famous folks.

Looking at this poll, it shows that over half the people here aren't fans of neither ST or QL - more than half the people here aren't actually interested in meeting him

Your maths seems to be a bit off. According to the poll, 58.51% are interested in meeting him specifically for QL/Enterprise, and 6.38% want to meet him for other reasons, so in fact less than half of the people who voted aren't interested.

Edited by nosfer2

He's a big guest in the world of sci-fi TV and pretty rare as I understand it and I'm just wondering exactly how many of us will be intending to meet him? He looks to be the biggest guest so far and is rare so well done to SM for finally bagging him.

I'm also trying to see how many Star Trek: Enterprise and Quantum Leap fans there are here as I guess those are the only two things people really know him for (his part in American Beauty was only one short scene I think).

If you're not a QL or ST fan please tell us what show you're meeting him for as it would be interesting to see what other appeal there is for non fans of those 2 shows.

Also please answer the poll truthfully and none of this "I would if I could go so voted "yes" even when it should have been "no" cos I can't" crap. :wub::wub:

What about people who are meeting him for ST:E and or Quantum Leep and something else, not like they can vote for the first and second in your poll. Where can I vote for that? (sory if someone already asked this)

How about Lord of Illusions?? Personally i always like to go for the more obscure things that people have done

I really wanted to see him for 'Role of a Lifetime', suppose you could say that is a little obscure too...

:angel:

LLAP ^_^

Edited by zebredy

Your maths seems to be a bit off. According to the poll, 58.51% are interested in meeting him specifically for QL/Enterprise, and 6.38% want to meet him for other reasons...
Ah s***, sorry all and nosfer2...I meant it says 62 people in total are intending to meet him while 30 are not intending to but are going, that's what I meant by half (I wasnt actually including the people who arent going at all in my analiysis). Sorry I didnt make that clear.

What about people who are meeting him for ST:E and or Quantum Leep
Then you use your initiative I hope and pick your priority? Not every poll can anticipate every combination of circumstance that there might be. Everyone will have a priority and if they dont then they'll have to pick one (hard as it may be)! It happens alot even when out shopping and you only have limited funds left!! :angel: Edited by nicky

Your maths seems to be a bit off. According to the poll, 58.51% are interested in meeting him specifically for QL/Enterprise, and 6.38% want to meet him for other reasons...
Without being anally retentive or actually going as far as to get out a calculator to get the exact figure, I posted my comment when there were more people not interested in him - besides the fact remains that half (alright then, almost half) of the people on this forum aren't interested in this big guest who had such a grand fanfare. :D

30% is almost half? It's less than a third. It's almost half of the amount that want to meet him though which is 65% and the 5% that answered and aren't coming can't be counted either way.

Ah s***, sorry all and nosfer2...I meant it says 62 people in total are intending to meet him while 30 are not intending to but are going, that's what I meant by half (I wasnt actually including the people who arent going at all in my analiysis). Sorry I didnt make that clear. :D

Edited by nicky

Die hard Scott's fan, just came back from the Leapcon in LA and boy am I happy he's finally comming over to this side of the world. Been to DC last year to see his preformance and the amazing thing is all the new friends you make when there are so many kindred spirits around so Scottminded :P . I guess I'll see some familiar faces again soon in the UK.

I'm going on the Saturday just to see Scott Bakula. Have just bought a photo shoot pass and am very excited! :D

Was a Quantum Leap fan from the start of the series back in '89. Fingers crossed they'll get Dean Stockwell to come over too..

haven't even seen all of Enterprise :( but I will meet him for that and start a cast print cause I've met most of the other cast members :P

personally, I'd really LOVE to get some sort of image with ALL the captains on, would be awesome! great reason to meet Avery and Kate again too ;) and a third reason to meet PS cause I didn't manage it in 2007 and wasn't here in 2008 :o

surfy sah xx