A major 1st time signer for this event

is this first time signer over here or world signer?

That's what I was wondering too. Jason's first post doesn't say anything about "first time in the UK", right?

If it's "first time in the world" Richard Dean Anderson is out for sure, he's officially signed at another show.

I'm thinking someone from Terminator too, or from the new Star Trek movie.

Though Helena Bonham Carter would be possible too I guess. The latest announcements of that kind were always for UK actors.

Helena Bonham Carter was signing at a Blockbuster Video store when I was in LA in 1999 for the launch of one of her films on VHS. I still have the flyer somewhere as I thought it was unusual.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just running with the "Get ready" taglines thing, we have

Airheads "Get ready to laugh, rock and roll." (Adam Sandler, Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi)

American Pie 2 "Get Ready For Another Slice of Pie!" (but really? Although if it's Alyson Hannigan then YAY! But it won't be because she's pregnant..)

Con Air "Get Ready To Fly" (Nic Cage, John Cusack, John Malkovich, Steve Buscemi, Dave Chapelle)

Death Race "Get ready for a killer race" (Jason Statham) yes please!

Garfield "Get ready for frisky business" (Bill Murray)

Good Luck Chuck "Get ready to get lucky" (Dane Cook)

Hairspray "Get ready for something big" (John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken, James Marsden, Zac Efron)

Incredible Hulk "get ready to unleash the beast" (Ed Norton, Liv Tyler, William Hurt)

Lost in Space "Get Ready. Get Set. Get Lost" (Gary Oldman, William Hurt, Matt Le Blanc)

The Love Guru "Get ready for the summer of love" (Mike Myers, Jessica Alba, JT, Verne Troyer)

Minority Report "Get Ready to RUN!" (Tom Cruise)

Payback "Get ready to root for the bad guy" (Mel Gibson)

The Rock "Get ready to rock!" (Sean Connery, Nic Cage, Ed Harris)

Rocky IV "Get ready for the next world war" (Sly Stallone)

Rush Hour 2 "Get Ready For A Second Rush!" (Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker)

Space Jam "Get ready to jam" (Michael Jordan, Danny De Vito)

Speed "Get ready for rush hour" (Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Daniels)

Spider-Man "Get Ready For The Ultimate Spin!" (Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Willem Dafoe)

Street Fighter "Get ready for the ultimate street fight!" (Jean Claude Van Damme)

Total Recall "Get ready for the ride of your life." (Arnie, Sharon Stone)

W. "Get Ready" (Elizabeth Banks, Josh Brolin, Richard Dreyfuss)

I'm bored at work ok!

But from the looks of it W. is the only one who's tagline is "get ready" a clue?!

i met that Viggo fella from LOTR yesterday, really nice guy who insisted on personalising for everyone, maybe he could do it?

I love that Viggo fella :wub: I have met him a few times before, but would love him to come along. Not sure it's the sort of thing he'd do, though.

I love how everyone tries to read something into Jason's posts. I have to admit that I can't think of anyone :unsure:

I could be wrong - but I think Sir Ian Mckellen wil still be in the theatre this weekend in 'Waiting for Godot'.
Why would him being busy this wkend make him unavailable in June when LFCC takes place?:headscratch::headscratch:

Sorry, I meant 'this weekend' as in 'the weekend of the con'. The run of his play is supposed to end last weekend of June, but ticket sales have been massive and there was talk of extending the run.

Edited by keithporter23

But from the looks of it W. is the only one who's tagline is "get ready" a clue?!

Told you it was Dreyfuss!!

Isnt that "Everybody runs"?

I thought of Seth Green earlier too

pretty wide appeal

Buffy and Austin Powers and I guess Family guy...? Edited by nicky

Told you it was Dreyfuss!!

Lol after the amount of times Dreyfuss has cancelled I wouldn't have thought Jason would make such a fuss about him. Besides, I'm sure he's done signings before - just not in the UK. I'm going with Sigourney, or Nicky's suggestion of Paxton.

Wash Day Tomorrow!

Lost in Space "Get Ready. Get Set. Get Lost" (Gary Oldman, William Hurt, Matt Le Blanc)

Gary Oldman would be good! and technically that is just "Get Ready."

But it'd probably Dreyfuss as Nicky said Lmfao :unsure:

Rowan's never struck me as the kinda guy that would enjoy a signing event, though I'd love to be wrong.

He did a signing for one of the Mr Bean TV series videos when the old shopping centre in Bristol opened and he was really sweet.

Gary Oldman would be good! and technically that is just "Get Ready."

But it'd probably Dreyfuss as Nicky said Lmfao :unsure:

I would give my first born to meet Gary Oldman, I love him!

i met that Viggo fella from LOTR yesterday, really nice guy who insisted on personalising for everyone, maybe he could do it?

Where did you meet him?

as far as im aware Jeff Bridges and Chris Walken are very anti flying so id be surprized if it was them

Where did you meet him?

Rowan's never struck me as the kinda guy that would enjoy a signing event, though I'd love to be wrong.

He did a signing for one of the Mr Bean TV series videos when the old shopping centre in Bristol opened and he was really sweet.

Not sure he fits with Jason's comments though - he's been 'in' films, but I wouldn't say he's known for them. I think we're talking about an Actor / Actress more known for film than TV.

Where did you meet him?

as far as im aware Jeff Bridges and Chris Walken are very anti flying so id be surprized if it was them

Where did you meet him?

he was at the Empire Awards yesturday, spoke to him briefly, didnt get a photo tho... dont know why! my friend did tho. Saw Sean Bean there and i got a pic with Gerard Butler who was really nice too.

Isnt that "Everybody runs"?

Blame IMDB...

I thought of Seth Green earlier too

pretty wide appeal

Buffy and Austin Powers and I guess Family guy...?

And Robot Chicken! :unsure:

double post FTW!

Heroes too

I would give my first born to meet Gary Oldman, I love him!

timpe would give her husband LOL

I would so want to be in the room with her if Gary was ever announced. It'd be a site to behold :poki:

Seth Green would be fab.

Oooh, so many people to chose from! Going with the Terminator idea, I'd guess at James Cameron, he'd be ace!

If it's connected to the "Get Ready" then my fave would be Gary Oldman or Alyson Hannigan!

Other than that, I'd love it to be someone like Sarah Michelle Gellar!

Perhaps SM would be awfully kind and give us a clue such as whether the person is male or female? That'd at least halve the people it could be. Also, is it someone who's never signed anywhere in the entire world before, or someone who has just not signed in the UK? That's cut it down some then.

Going with the Terminator idea, I'd guess at James Cameron, he'd be ace!

Perhaps SM would be awfully kind and give us a clue...

Jimbo although a fan himself either doesnt like the attention he gets from fans (thats the impression I'm under) or its just the media attention he doesnt like according to Rico Ross at C14. But yes, It'd be great to have him.

SM might not be able to give us a clue cos they dont wanna risk p***ing off the guest who asked them not to reveal their identity just yet - SM have to wait for their "permission". Can you say "diva"? :P

Also I just remembered the last time we had one of these "get ready" threads it was for C14 - the one that was gonna be on a Thurs but then wasnt cos that big guest pulled out before they were even announced. I'd hate for that same anti-climatic waste of excitment to happen again here. Having said that, I cant understand why SM have been asked to hold off the announcment for a while, I mean the guest has said they'd defo do it havent they or are they thinkning about it still? I'm worried that this guest might be the sort that'll cancel on a whim, like I said: "diva". Maybe its even the same big guest that cancelled that Thurs C14? :wub:

Edited by nicky