A major 1st time signer for this event

Just call this a shot in the dark, but I have a feeling it will be the new Dr Who, as once he starts filming the BBC don't like the main cast doing these type of events.

Has he ever done any signing before?

Definetly someone you can call an A lister in the UK as he will soon be a household name.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'm even more curious now. Maybe said guest wants to announce it themselves, that'd be kind of cool to turn on the news and hear something like "(add name of your prefered star) has agreed to attend the LFCC event in July...!"

Edited by Charmer

Definetly someone you can call an A lister in the UK as he will soon be a household name.
Avid Merrion or Dot Cotton were UK household names too. :P

that'd be kind of cool to turn on the news and hear something like "(add name of your prefered star) has agreed to attend the LFCC event in July...!"
That would make the news??? "And in other news tonight..." Edited by nicky

Just call this a shot in the dark, but I have a feeling it will be the new Dr Who, as once he starts filming the BBC don't like the main cast doing these type of events.

Has he ever done any signing before?

thats who i was thinking.

I'm hoping for Dolph to be honest

i'd class him as A list. I know not recently

RDA has never officially signed in the uk, the AT4 signing he did was a pop in for the day with out notice

Sorry, you're wrong. His appearance over the three days was DEFINITELY not without notice, The whole event was for him and AT.

RDA has never officially signed in the uk, the AT4 signing he did was a pop in for the day with out notice

Sorry, you're wrong. His appearance over the three days was DEFINITELY not without notice, The whole event was for him and AT.

Agreed !

They're not going to announce John Candy, Vincent Price and Flipper this year again are they ?

Agreed !

They're not going to announce John Candy, Vincent Price and Flipper this year again are they ?

It is getting a bit close to April 1st...

My guess, and I havent read the entire thread, so apologies if she has been mentioned and discounted:

Linda Hamilton.

(I cant go anyway!!!)

she is doing another event earlier in the year so its not going to be her.

Avid Merrion or Dot Cotton were UK household names too. :D

that'd be kind of cool to turn on the news and hear something like "(add name of your prefered star) has agreed to attend the LFCC event in July...!"
That would make the news??? "And in other news tonight..."

SM has a history of booking soap stars and comedians?

Thought not!

I'm not a fan of Dr Who but know that it is one one the current trends and the new Dr would get a good crowd attending.

Personally I would rather have someone like Samuel L Jackson or Sarah Michelle Gellar, but I believe they may be priced to high for that to happen, but we can all hope for our favourites.

i met that Viggo fella from LOTR yesterday, really nice guy who insisted on personalising for everyone, maybe he could do it?

as far as im aware Jeff Bridges and Chris Walken are very anti flying so id be surprized if it was them

So where was he signing?

SM might not be able to give us a clue cos they dont wanna risk p***ing off the guest who asked them not to reveal their identity just yet - SM have to wait for their "permission". Can you say "diva"?

...Having said that, I cant understand why SM have been asked to hold off the announcment for a while, I mean the guest has said they'd defo do it havent they or are they thinkning about it still? I'm worried that this guest might be the sort that'll cancel on a whim, like I said: "diva".

Can you say "98% certain but still just tying up a very few minor points on the contract?"

Can you say "Was completely certain but an acting role has come up at the last minute and they need to OK that weekend with the new role folks"?

Can you say "Is certain but needs to pay somebody else (a director perhaps) the courtesy of informing them first that they won't be available that weekend, rather than let them find out second or third hand, and they can't get hold of them until this week."?

Hell, for all we know said guest may just be awaiting confirmation that his/her dog can go in kennels over the period (s)he's away. I can think of any number of reasons that don't involve it being a guest who can change their mind six times before breakfast. Why do you have to jump to the conclusion that it's because said guest has a flaky attitude?

personally I get the feeling its someone with more of a cv than matt smith.

Exactly.

an amazing guest so get ready for a guest that was made for LFCC
we have worked very hard to bring this guest to you

This doesn't say to me "complete unknown in his mid-20s who's only just been cast in a (let's face it) relatively small role in the Global sense, in a relatively low budget TV show, with relatively small global viewing figures, and who has no other film or TV credits to speak of". I'm not trying to minimize Smith, but I think Charmer is bang on the money when he says it's someone with a bit more of a resume.

If we're speculating, "made for LFCC" to me means someone well known for film roles, and "worked very hard" means they've been invited several times. To me this either means a well known character actor in the mould of Bill Nighy, or someone known for one or more franchises, like Sigourney Weaver or Bill Paxton.

I also think Dan Aykroyd is a perfectly reasonable guess. This would suit me perfectly, since it would be a sig for my Trading Places poster, AND my Temple of Doom poster! (and yes, he WAS in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)

Edited by MikeDonovan

Avid Merrion or Dot Cotton were UK household names too. :YAHOO:

SM has a history of booking soap stars and comedians?

Thought not!

You thought WRONG!!!! Yes, SM really have booked comedians (Alexi Sayle) and members of EastEnders (Leslie Grantham, Anita Dobson) and even the cast of Allo Allo and The Bill...even some of us couldnt believe it when they were announced. And then there's the glamour models!! You're in for a treat if you're new to SM events!!

Why do you have to jump to the conclusion that it's because said guest has a flaky attitude?
Why are you taking offence to hyperthetical speculation and jumping to the defence of someone we dont even know and who hasnt even been announced? Anyway, the answer to your question is because they are an actor, an apparently big name actor.

I get the feeling its someone with more of a cv than matt smith. I get the feeling its a person who will appeal to more than just Who fans!

Exactly. If you're not a Who fan then what else is there to appreciate him for? Same goes for the HP kids - like Stobbs said, if you're not a fan of that one thing they're known for then you're fuct. I think SM are far too sensible than to announce a "one-trick pony" guest like that. Whenever SM have made a "get ready thread" before its always ended up being a guest who has been in filmS and more than one franchise. Edited by nicky

Why do you have to jump to the conclusion that it's because said guest has a flaky attitude?
Why are you taking offence to hyperthetical speculation and jumping to the defence of someone we dont even know and who hasnt even been announced?

I'm not taking offence; I merely suggested a differing viewpoint, that there could be a number of reasons why they couldn't be announced yet, none of which would necessarily class them as a "diva". I found it interesting that you seemed to leap (or at least sidle) to the conclusion that they were temporarily blocking the release of their name because of some self-important control-freakery on their part.
Anyway, the answer to your question is because they are an actor, an apparently big name actor.

So, from your reasoning, one has to assume that this is all down to the guest having a flaky attitude, and that's solely because they are a big-name actor. In other words, being a big name actor guarantees they will indulge in acts of unnecessary and narcissistic a-holery. You know, Nicky, for a guy who is possibly the biggest film fan on this forum, you don't seem to have a great opinion of actors when they're off-screen. :YAHOO:

You know, Nicky, for a guy who is possibly the biggest film fan on this forum, you don't seem to have a great opinion of actors when they're off-screen. :YAHOO:
I could be wrong of course and hope I am but SM did say they worked hard to get this guest (but that could mean anything) - I guess I've read too many horror stories about star's demands and their reputations. Edited by nicky

How about Kevin Smith?

I think SM tried to get him for LFCC last year with Jason Mewes. He'd be pretty cool, done loads of films infront and behind the camera, wirtten loads of comics...I personally didnt like Die Hard 4 or his character though.

Edited by nicky