A major 1st time signer for this event

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SM don't give this much fanfare unless its very much deserved, like christopher lloyd last year
I dont think he had a fanfare, SM just announced him without warning in the last week or so?

The only fanfare or "get ready" threads that were made a few days before the announcment were Bill Nighy (who cancelled anyway so the fanfare was pointless) and John Hurt. There might be more, cant remember.

SM don't give this much fanfare unless its very much deserved, like christopher lloyd last year
I dont think he had a fanfare, SM just announced him without warning in the last week or so?

The only fanfare or "get ready" threads that were made a few days before the announcment were Bill Nighy (who cancelled anyway so the fanfare was pointless) and John Hurt. There might be more, cant remember.

I'm still going left field and saying Sigourney.

I'd be surprised if it was her and probably think it was too good to be true and she'd end up cancelling. I'd think that about all A listers anyway.

I see where you're coming from though, SM did say they been trying to get this one a long time so it must be one people have asked for for years and who is one of the ones people need to complete their ensemble cast sigs on a poster. I think it's more realistic to say Bill Paxton, in fact I'd prefer to meet him as he'd be less manic busy and is part of more franchises I like.

Edited by nicky

I'd be surprised if it was her and probably think it was too good to be true and she'd end up cancelling. I'd think that about all A listers anyway.

I see where you're coming from though, SM did say they been trying to get this one a long time so it must be one people have asked for for years and who is one of the ones people need to complete their ensemble cast sigs on a poster. I think it's more realistic to say Bill Paxton, in fact I'd prefer to meet him as he'd be less manic busy and is part of more franchises I like.

Paxton - I like it - that sounds perfectly reasonable - I'd forgotten about him! You've got the Terminator link (for those who have forgotten he had a part in the first film), You've got Aliens in there, you've got Titanic, you got TV work, you name it. And I think he's a "realistic A-list" guest for a signing event. I think you're on to something there.

13537-19124.gif

Bill Paxton also has a Predator link too, playing Jerry in Predator 2, he's an awesome actor and I would be making the trip for sure if it's him.

If you want to think Terminator, I think it would be more likely someone like Robert Patrick maybe?? i can't see it being Bale in any way, shape or form.

I'm anxious to see who this is gonna turn out to be

Hey Jason,

how about an old fashioned countdown? Remember the days when we know the date and time of the guest announcements?

Come on. One for the old, sorry, veteran fans!!

I'll go along with three guesses:

In order

1. Keifer Sutherland

2. Sir Ian McKellen

3. Sean Bean

Probably wrong, but maybe it is Bauer's day, finally...unbelievable if it was. Would probably faint if it was any of the other two!!

MMmmhhhh if that's anything to do with the Terminator franchise my guess would be Tim Burton's wife Helena Bonham Carter who plays in the newest Terminator movie...

After all she's from Golders Green in London, and she also played in two Harry Potter movies as well which is a franchise you can meet guests at Showmasters events regularly...

She also appeared in a lot of other movies so she can be considered as major guest imo...

Of course i realize the guest could be anyone with such a few clues (if none), but if i have to pick a name that's the one i would go for, regarding the "... was made for LFCC quote" :whistling:

My sister would kill me rofl, she absolutley loves her.

What with all the new films coming out over the next few months there is a big choice:

Dragonball evolution

fast & furious 4

star trek

harry potter

terminator.

Just to name a few

Who ever it is i am sure it will be worth the wait!!!!

Can't wait now!!

Edited by jimmy_gray

Shinikami: No....just...no lol That movie is a spit in the eye to how awesome classic thunderbirds was lol

Although as I havnt seen it (and never will), he could be a good Jeff. But they should never have made the film.

But please, Bill Paxton!!!

Exactly what is Brian Thompson (right) looking at? :D

Isn't this the scene where Arnie's nekkid and he's looking down so... :D

I'm someone who loves to be spoiled with my tv and movie viewing, so to be told to expect a great guest and to not know who it is makes me crazy.haha

Edited by bonniesrg

Im going to guess at someone from one of my two favourite franchises:

GHOSTBUSTERS or BACK TO THE FUTURE

Bill Murray

Sigourney Weaver

Dan Aykroyd

Harold Ramis

Michael J Fox ( I think he'd be more than capable of signing for a few hours, and sitting for a photoshoot).