A major 1st time signer for this event

Rowan's never struck me as the kinda guy that would enjoy a signing event, though I'd love to be wrong.

I think Rowan Atkinson just did a signing for the launch of the CD of his musical Oliver recently (along with the sexy lady that plays Nancy :lol: can't recall her name though), I think the signing was at an HMV or something?

Yeah it was at Covent Garden about 2 weeks ago, he was a very witty and pleasant fellow.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this first time signer over here or world signer?

i thought Bob Hoskins actually but its more like a personally choice.

Dan Akroyd or Harold Ramis could be possible i think

maybe its Lynda Carter

Tom Welling

Masi Oka

is this first time signer over here or world signer?

That's what I was wondering too. Jason's first post doesn't say anything about "first time in the UK", right?

If it's "first time in the world" Richard Dean Anderson is out for sure, he's officially signed at another show.

I'm thinking someone from Terminator too, or from the new Star Trek movie.

Though Helena Bonham Carter would be possible too I guess. The latest announcements of that kind were always for UK actors.

some wild guesses...

Danny DeVito

Whoopi Goldberg

Michael Caine

Gene Hackman :P

Robert Downey Jr

Ian Holm

Kurt Russell

Jon Voight

Dennis Hopper

Max von Sydow

Eric Bana

Terence Stamp ?

Angelica Huston

Jeff Bridges ?

Edited by Skylover

i met that Viggo fella from LOTR yesterday, really nice guy who insisted on personalising for everyone, maybe he could do it?

as far as im aware Jeff Bridges and Chris Walken are very anti flying so id be surprized if it was them

i met that Viggo fella from LOTR yesterday, really nice guy who insisted on personalising for everyone, maybe he could do it?
Do any non-LOTR fans even like Viggo Mortensen though?? Or non-post-horror Cronenberg fans even?

Do any non-LOTR fans even like Viggo Mortensen though?? Or non-post-horror Cronenberg fans even?

he has done some other films has he not?

i wouldnt be overly bothered by him but he would be a big enough draw as they are a lot of LOTR fans about

Of course he has but do those films have a fan-following was my point clearly.

I think History of Violence was based on a comic though so there might some fans of that. The only film I ever liked with him was Witness (1985) but he was a non-speaking extra in that so it doesnt count! Point being, I suspect (and hope) that whoever the guest is, is that they cover a broad range of fandoms and dont just have just one franchise under their belt, that way they appeal to a broader range of people and not just the fans of one particular franchise.

Edited by nicky

Of course he has but do those films have a fan-following was my point clearly.

I think History of Violence was based on a comic though so there might some fans of that. The only film I ever liked with him was Witness (1985) but he was a non-speaking extra in that so it doesnt count! Point being, I suspect (and hope) that whoever the guest is, is that they cover a broad range of fandoms and dont just have just one franchise under their belt, that way they appeal to a broader range of people and not just the fans of one particular franchise.

I'm a great fan of Westerns, so I'm looking forward to seeing "Appaloosa", which he did with Ed Harris.

If they ever do "The Dark Tower" (which I almost hope they don't, because inevitably they'd screw it up, just like almost every other Stephen King adaption), Viggo would be a front runner for me for the Gunslinger, Roland Of Gilead. He's just about perfect for the part, and the right age too.

2358112156_a29b321c1d.jpg?v=0

Apparently J.J.Abrams has the option though, and I almost don't want to see what he'd do with it - no doubt he'd make Roland 25 years old and cast someone from Heroes.

I think the Jackie Chan angle is a possibility after all "get ready" is in " " like it's a clue!

Anyone know when they will actually say?

And maybe Chris Tucker would come along too..

if these guys turned up it would be absoutly amazing, and if they did a talk, wow.. :thumbup::angry: ohh I am having a homer simpson doughnuts moment.. hmmm... :lol: .

I think the Jackie Chan angle is a possibility after all "get ready" is in " " like it's a clue!

Anyone know when they will actually say?

It's meant to be this week sometime. I dont think "Get ready" is a clue either, I think SM would have said if it was in the first post? Its kinda a bit vague for a clue too. Maybe its a wrestling guest as in "Lets get ready to rumble" Or Ant and Dec... :thumbup::angry:

"Get ready for a 2nd rush" was Rush Hour 2 BTW.

"Get ready for the ride of your life" was Total Recall (one of the 2 taglines anyway).

Edited by nicky

If it wasn't a clue what's the " " all about?

Quit toying with our emotions showmasters!

"Get ready for the ride of your life" was Total Recall (one of the 2 taglines anyway).

oooh, don't toy! I think the Governator has better things to be doing anyway... Maybe it'll be the chick with 3 boobs :) "makes me wish i had three hands!"

oooh, don't toy! I think the Governator has better things to be doing anyway... Maybe it'll be the chick with 3 boobs :) "makes me wish i had three hands!"

Ronny Cox (Coohagen) would be GREAT. He's also there for Robocop, Beverly Hills cop and Deliverance fans as well as TR. But I doubt he's a big guest to most people. Sharon Stone would be cool for most peeps though. I like Rachel Ticotin too. Also there's that famous scene and line, "Get ready for a SURPRISE!" BOOM! Edited by nicky