Trains from MK on Tuesday

gebes

My friends and I had decided to stay the Monday night due to it being a bank holiday... did'nt make much difference in the end...

Got to Milton Keynes station at 11.45 only to find that there'd been no trains since 9.10 due to an electrical fault. So we ended up on a coach replacement service to non other then Northampton , the coach was like an oven but one amusing thing about it was Vernon from Coronation street was on the coach!

Got there and came back through Coventry into Birmingham, where we then had the fun of finding out what train we'd now be on to Glasgow, so this saga comes to you live from Platform 4B at Birmingham new street. I was supposed to be in Glasgow at 16.55 and our train does'nt leave till 15.05.

So once again , I will be going through the joys of claiming for compensation for the hassle and problems from today...

Hello to Crippsy_99, Majorkennedy, Surfy Sah and Jess who were all on the same train from Northampton, hope you all get home eventually today, and were'nt too bored or driven insane.... :poki:

Goodness! Sorry you had to go through that, it really sucks when there's travel distruption and can sour trips a bit. I went by coach from London, returning on Sunday and thankfully had no problems at all. I'll probably always get the coach to CM as it's also a much cheaper means of travel as well as being easier. The trains are just a nightmare more often than not and I heard they'd be especially bad on the Euston line this weekend due to some bright spark deciding the Bank Holiday was a good time to do engineering works.

Yeah, there were engineering works happening on the Monday that I had to catch a replacement coach (during which my phone got stolen, I missed my connecting trains, then they were delayed.....not a good day :( )

Tell me about it - I was due to get the 9:31 train. Sat on the platform watching the 9:26 leave knowing that I couldn't get on it with my off peak ticket. Then got on my train and .............. nothing. Finally we asked someone who said we might be there for 2 hours. As David and I were thinking about taxis to the coach station etc there was an announcement that Midland rail had coaches.

We got up there to find that the coaches were going to Bletchly where service was okay.

Got there and service was anything but normal.

Finally a train left and we were on it. Seriously walking would have been quicker and it stopped everywhere.

I slept so it went quickly but I got to work 4 hours later than planned.

pffffffft

The only funny thing was seeing a Virgin train full of people at each platform we stopped at.

Euston also had a little coffee/tea area set up.

So glad the engineering works over the weekend made such a difference! :(

The next live update comes from sunny York !!

We finally got a seat after Derby in the quiet coach, and this train is the slow train that eventually gets to Edinburgh at 20.15, and then gets to Glasgow at 21.28!!

There's 2 young kids with their mother in the vestibule area of the quiet coach, and the mother's making more noise than they are. Have sat and typed up my letter of complaint already due to the problems experienced today.

When we boarded at Birmingham, the train resembled one of the trains you see in the far east, where there are people practically on the roof lol

Stevie79: Suzi was really lucky as her train was at 08.30 , so she made it out of MK on one of the last trains to run from there. She got into Manchester around 10.30ish

so this saga comes to you live from Platform 4B at Birmingham new street. I was supposed to be in Glasgow at 16.55 and our train does'nt leave till 15.05.

Thats pretty obsessive you know :D Show off :D

How did Suzi manage?

Last train out of mk! Jammy sod.

Edited by crippsy_99

Flip I'm sorry you all had to go through that!! I was worried too cos I had an exam today and needed to get back to Brum on the Sun, but thankfully my coach from MK and train from B'ham International ran fairly smoothly. Good job I didn't stay the night and go home on the Mon then.

I travelled to MK from London by Train to Luton and then

Rail replacement bus on the Sunday...which happened to

stop outside the Shopping Mall so saved us from walking

all the way up from the station. On Monday I caught the

Rail replacement bus from outside the Shopping Mall and

got the train from Luton again. Each journey was about

2 hours instead of 1.5 hours which isn't bad really.

Sorry to hear some of you had problems.

Helllooooooooo! did ya get home? i was the crew member with the little girl who was in the lift with you!! I was also advised to stay another night by the Virgin boss in MK as he agreed it wasnt safe to travel on those coaches with a toddler without a car seat.

It was a rough day and i only got in a little while ago!!! xxxx

We got stuck on Tuesday too. Thought we'd be smart and avoid hassle on Monday but shouldnt have bothered. We got to MK station at 9.20 and the delays started popping up on the board. We had to get the train to Lancaster and had a 13 minute window, then on to Edinburgh for our train to Inverness. The lady almost laughed when I said we needed to go north. We got a ticket to London, another £30 expense which took almost 2 hours. Then underground another £8 to Kings Cross and had to wait until 3pm to get a train north to Edinburgh, and on to Inverness.

Finally got Inverness at 11.15pm and into the house at 11.50pm.

Never was I so glad to see my house.

Oh well doing this all again for C14.

We got stuck on Tuesday too. Thought we'd be smart and avoid hassle on Monday but shouldnt have bothered. We got to MK station at 9.20 and the delays started popping up on the board. We had to get the train to Lancaster and had a 13 minute window, then on to Edinburgh for our train to Inverness. The lady almost laughed when I said we needed to go north. We got a ticket to London, another £30 expense which took almost 2 hours. Then underground another £8 to Kings Cross and had to wait until 3pm to get a train north to Edinburgh, and on to Inverness.

Finally got Inverness at 11.15pm and into the house at 11.50pm.

Never was I so glad to see my house.

Oh well doing this all again for C14.

It's a cheek that they make you pay more when it's their fault!

You should get a complaints form and claim it all back. Hope you did.

i left on sunday about 5pm went to the train station to be told no trains to london at all and only coach was going, i had to take an 18 month old baby on a coach, unprepared (drinks etc) 3 hour journey no seats to sit him in , it was an absolute nightmare, i have put in a huge complaint as it was not practical or safe for a baby on board the coach.

at no time at all was it mentioned on the saturday at euston station when i purchased my return tickets that there would be no trains or I would of cancelled my trip ( would of been gutted but would of done it)

hope everyone else got home ok and huge apologys to those of you on the coach at 6.28pm from milton keynes to london i am so sorry if my little one disturbed you but i hope you could understand, very hot and bothered and very lively toddler and coaches are not good a good combination.

amanda; dont ever be sorry about having a toddler; one guy on my train called me a "pathetic Chavvy single mum" so i told him he could "shut his f*****g gob or id make sure every one knew exactly what a c**t he was by throwing him off at the next station"; funnily enough everyone laughed at him all the way from Rugby to Birmingham; im not exactly proud, but it shut him up.

i wasn't to bad but we drove to lougthbourough so i didnt have to try and get a train from mk. but the delays are and were crazy...glad everyone got home safely