What did you think or C13 in the end?

Lizzy

What did you think or C13 in the end?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think or C13 in the end?

• Excellent!
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Not Great...
    • Awful
    • Seriously Disappointed
    • Didn't Go

There were a few negative threads and posts before the show due to the cancellations, or torchwood guests etc... but what did you all think of it in the end? I'm off tomorrow, but its still good to hear opinions from today...

And give reasons and/or feedback!

:crying:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted excellent! We had fab time. Open queues for Tawny (gorgeous and v friendly) and Santiago (sweet and seemed more relaxed than at Eclipse) after lunch, and we got Hiro piecework in Heroes trading cards we bought - result!! Going back down motorways again for Natalia Tena too, so more of the same I hope :(

Not great, purely because there were only one or two people I want to meet; and they are only there on Sunday.

I travelled from Luton Friday & Saturday and I'm going tomorrow, so it can't be all bad.

It's disappointing that SM's didn't manage to come up with the goods that I wanted, but they are not there to satisfy my every whim (although a girl can dream).

Credit where it's due though, SM's work hard to get the guests in the first place; and I saw today that they have Adam Baldwin booked for C14 so one dream will come true!

Well, I eat my words. Got here at 9am on Sunday; and there was a queue a mile long. Cue the old feelings of will I get a ticket, will he leave before I get to see him etc. LOL, if I wasn't a convention groupie those feelings might worry me. Hope you all had fun in the queue for Mr. Barrowman.

Voted good. I got to meet all my 5 guests easily without having to queue much. Guests themselves were friendly, even Santiago perked up when I mentioned the JLA movie! Got personalisations & posed photos with the guests. Crew were friendly and helpful. Got done so quick I managed to come home a couple of hours early too.

A good day became great though when I found out Forest had finished 2nd and got promoted! :YAHOO::dance::YAHOO:

About average. The line-up wasn't too good for me personally. although I did buy a This is England poster on the Friday and got Frank Harper to sign it on the Sunday.

I'm really looking forward to LFCC though...

I had a bad day for other reasons, I'll comment tomorrow!

Hey Psychosis hope you have had a better day on Sunday?

Voted excellent. Lea Thompson and Nancy Allen were both adsolute lovely lady :YAHOO:

and the crew were as nice, friendly and helpful as ever

Edited by steele

i went on sunday and was not happy as i went to see jonh barrowman, as most people that were there did as it was only displayed that he was signing on sunday, but while i was there i got told he was signing on friday as well, if i had known this i would of gone then instead as today was far too busy for my 17month only daughter, people where cueing from 4 this morning to see him and he was hardly ever there to sign in the end, so i ended up missing him and coming home so as you can tell im very disappointed the virtual queing system was in place but when i left at 1:30 he was still on lunch and had only got to 600 and my number was 1276 and i couldnt stay any longer as my daughter was getting fed up and bearing in mind they said they couldnt gaurentee him being there until even 4pm due to other things he has to do

Just got back home and event is still fresh in my mind so thought I would post my thoughts (as if anyone cares).

SEXIEST GUEST - Tawny Cypress

MADDEST GUEST - Charles Fleischer

MOST INTERESTING GUEST - Frank Henson (had loads of photos in an album taken on the sets of star wars/roj, indiana jones and loads of other films. Spent about 10 minutes explaining them and telling stories. I hadn't seen most of the shots printed in any books or magazines so that was great.)

BIGGEST EYEBROWS - Natalia Tena

GOOD POINTS

Good lineup of guests from a range of different movies/shows. Range of big name and smaller stars.

Harry Potter autographs in my Golden Ticket pack were good. (Katie Leung, Stanislav Ianevski, Roger Lloyd Pack, Robert Pattinson, Christian Coulson) Will be flogging them on ebay shortly ;-)

Relatively short/well managed queues fo most guests.

BAD POINTS

James Marsters not personalising. Was he really that busy?

The range/quality of the photos for signing was worse at this show. (no BTTF pics for Charles Fleischer, poor quality Tron Pics for Bruce Boxleitner, poor quality pictures for Natalia Tena). I have taken to bringing my own photos in case the supplied ones aren't very good and I had to use all of my pics over the weekend.

As ever THE VENUE!

First of all Milton Keynes is the worst, most soulless, desolate, dismal place I have ever been to. Plus the location of the show in a shopping centre just doesn't work - I heard several people saying they wouldn't come again (and the queues weren't even that bad this time). Got very crowded very quickly in the aisles. Plus its very annoying when you walk round the shopping centre and hear the local townies talking about all the weirdos :-(

Not showmasters fault I know but, the f*****g railways in this country! Had to get a coach down, stay over saturday night and coach back up today. Trend is likely to continue unfortunately as events are generally on bank holidays and it seems it is now policy to do work on the railways on bank holiday weekends :-(

PS. just a small point but does the poll above need a 'didn't go' option?

Edited by gobo1979uk

... while i was there i got told he was signing on friday as well...

Don't know who told you that, but John definately wasn't there on Friday. He was only signing Sunday. I was working Friday and Saturday at the convention, so I would know. Sorry about the problems though. Its always difficult to get everyone in.

I voted excellent, I just got back and i had a really enjoyable day.

I met Natalia Tena and Linda Blair, and they were both really nice! Plus I enjoyed looking around the stalls, and spent way too much money as usual! :YAHOO: hahaa.

I must agree with gobo1979uk that the pictures available to get signed weren't the best quality or range as I've seen them in the past, but to be honest I think that's just the chance you take if you don't bring your own items to be signed I guess. There was 3 pictures to choose from for Natalia Tena, and there was only 1 of really good quality which I chose, but the pictures were still nice.

Also, it was extremely crowded around the stalls and the event in general, which I've never been too keen on, and I hear endless amounts of people complaining about it as I walk around, but I don't particularly let it bother me too much. Obviously it would be more enjoyable without huge crowds but at events like this, big crowds are what you expect.

I had a bad day for other reasons, I'll comment tomorrow!

Hey Psychosis hope you have had a better day on Sunday?

Voted excellent. Lea Thompson and Nancy Allen were both adsolute lovely lady :wub:

and the crew were as nice, friendly and helpful as ever

Had a great day today! :D :D :D

Paul McGillion was fab! :YAHOO: CM atmosphere was 'back' for me (don't know if the atmosphere was gone yesterday or it was just my bad mood?). I didn't do a whole lot but what I did do was fun and everyone was absolutely lovely. Photoshoots were mildly chaotic simply because of the numbers of people.

That said, my one negative was WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PHOTO COLLECTION AREA? What happened?! :o:huh: Nobody would move, somebody should have been telling people to bugger off for a while and wait. With THAT said, I'm not laying total blame on the crew. I saw someone trying to tell someone to come back in 15 minutes ONCE, and she argued and wouldn't. Selfish people. If you can't get your photos, move so the rest of us can!

That said, my one negative was WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PHOTO COLLECTION AREA? What happened?! :huh::YAHOO: Nobody would move, somebody should have been telling people to bugger off for a while and wait. With THAT said, I'm not laying total blame on the crew. I saw someone trying to tell someone to come back in 15 minutes ONCE, and she argued and wouldn't. Selfish people. If you can't get your photos, move so the rest of us can!

Think this is just a reflection of society. People are getting more and more selfish and rude and there were plenty of examples of this over the weekend. Don't think it's a specific feature of fan girls/boys it's just more apparent when large numbers of people are together in one place.

Just got back home and event is still fresh in my mind so thought I would post my thoughts (as if anyone cares).

BAD POINTS

James Marsters not personalising. Was he really that busy?

You must have missed it on another thread that due to him having had a wrist/hand injury in the past, James never personalises .

As ever THE VENUE!

First of all Milton Keynes is the worst, most soulless, desolate, dismal place I have ever been to. Plus the location of the show in a shopping centre just doesn't work

Could not agree more, its like a lego town. Horrid horrid horrid!!!

I have voted excellent though..... Only went for 3 guests.. Lea, James and Hattie, but met all three easily. Queues were all fairly short (and these were all at lunchtime ish), photo-shoots were easy to find and EXTREMELY well organised.

eMy only niggle is the shopping centre location. In the G-mex at Manchester everyone in the bulding is there for the sole purpose of collectormania, whereas at MK the random people wandering around made it very very busy.. alot of the stalls I simply couldn't get to. having said that, I guess Showmasters make more money that way.

I must say a huge thank you to the crew, absolutely everyone I spoke or asked questions to were friendly, helpful and on that wonderful side of a bit crazy!! :YAHOO:

'You must have missed it on another thread that due to him having had a wrist/hand injury in the past, James never personalises '. scruffy

Hi. Yeah just read that. So he can play the guitar regulary, take part in fight scenes but writing and extra 5-10 letters on photo increases his wrist pain? Im actually a physiotherapist (and play guitar a bit) and I have to say that in my medical opinion ;-) it sounds like someone is telling porkies.

'You must have missed it on another thread that due to him having had a wrist/hand injury in the past, James never personalises '. scruffy

Hi. Yeah just read that. So he can play the guitar regulary, take part in fight scenes but writing and extra 5-10 letters on photo increases his wrist pain? Im actually a physiotherapist (and play guitar a bit) and I have to say that in my medical opinion ;-) it sounds like someone is telling porkies.

I have to disagree, he has SO many people going to see him for autographs in conventions, that he would get severe hand cramp even if he didn't have an injury in the first place.

Edited by Alice

You realise he signs for three days straight, right? :YAHOO: I'm interested to see where you've witnessed him playing the guitar for three days straight.

guitar playing would still have more affect than writing

I have to disagree, he has SO many people going to see him for autographs in conventions, that he would get severe hand cramp even if he didn't have an injury in the first place.

True, but I don't think he plays the guiter 6-7 hours a day three days straight (as psychosis said), so your comparison makes no real sense!!

Edited by frankslittlemachine

I had a good time. Met David Prowse for the second time, he was chatty and friendly as ever, a really nice guy.

John Barrowman was cool as well, he remembered me and my friend from the photoshoot!

Oh god, I can't believe i have to explain myself but here goes. Guitar playing is more tiring for the muscles of the hand and wrist than writing (ask any guitarist about finger/wrist cramps) so you wouldn't have to do it for anywhere near 3 days straight to have the same or greater affect as signing for 3 days.

Im not getting into a 'comic book guy from the simpsons' style argument that forum users seem to love so im ending here.

True, but I don't think he plays the guiter 6-7 hours a day three days straight (as psychosis said), so your comparison makes no real sense!!