What did you think or C13 in the end?

Lizzy

What did you think or C13 in the end?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think or C13 in the end?

• Excellent!
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Not Great...
    • Awful
    • Seriously Disappointed
    • Didn't Go

i just got back from the show and had a really great time i voted excellent, had a great time, James Marsters was really friendly and seemed pleased to meet everyone, Neil Marshall although not their very long was really nice and Bruce Boxleitner was nice too....although somethin weird happened to me though the woman next to him was making weird hand gesturs to me like she was playing sherades or something was really distracting while i was speaking to him

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand, S1J0.

And I'm dying to see some Dragonball footage too. I want just an idea of the kind of atmosphere they're going for! Curious to see whether they're trying to make it cartoon-ish or whether they actually wanted a 'serious' adaptation.

Hi S1J0, I totally understand what you are saying. Your sister-in-law is a star working A&E from what I understand. My sister-in-law is also a nurse but in geriatrics...didnt have the temperament for A&E.

My point is this: Yous sister-in-law is in the medical profession so has prior knowledge etc and would be able to question with some authority someone within the same profession.

But, someone like me, for example, in education, if I were to question someone who worked in the field of law or physics just wouldn't be correct unless I was doing it in such a way in that I would learn from the response...

I agree with your last passage, and that is where the internet cannot help out getting across someone's point as it cannot project the type of tone the question or comment has been projected in by the poster. All I wish is that people would think for a few seconds before reacting, otherwise we get situations in life which didn't need to happen. However, aside from the fact that one is a physiotherapist and one is a big fan who knows of comments etc made by the person in question, I don't think we will ever have anything but a stalemate :D

Edited by S1J0

I thought that collectormania 13 was excellent. I loved the coloured tickets for the photo shoots, it made it a lot more organised and a lot smoother than the last one i went to.

Also the wait at the end for your photos was a lot easier, ( maybe the change of company to print them was a good idea.)

Well done to all the organisers/staff for a thoroughly enjoyable day.

I agree with you completely S1J0, and I'm sure if I had phrased a lot of what I said this may have turned out differently.

Psychosis, please accept my apology...we all make comments in haste!

I always enjoy the Collectormania, and been going for last 3 years, i go from fri eve to sun late afternoon, meet up with friends that i dont see loads, cos they live in scotland i live south of london.

I expect queues, cos otherwise it would be fun lol

I never expect personalised pics, just a bonus when it is done.

I only got Santiagos(sp?) auto

And

James Marsters photo sess, as previously not been able to afford it.

I thought James was very sweet and my photo was great.

I had a cold all weekend so felt pretty worn out and achy, but it was worth it.

I am now waiting for the cold to catch up and knock me for six lol.

C U at C14 woo!!

All guests were wonderful as were most of the staff. Saturday was brilliant although there were some problems on Sunday including queing for Eve at 9 o clock, being one of the first 10 people in her q and being given a ticket in the 300s, and nobody knowing where to q or what time for the Eve photoshoot but all in all an excellent weekend.

Thanks again

Edited by reddragon

Quick comment on the James Marsters thing... I'm no physio, but I've got a hand injury (Thumb mostly- damaged muscle sorta), have done for a few years... And I play guitar, and write... with my bad hand lol (Though I'm left handed for pretty much everything else (inc 90% of my typing I notice now lol- though I'm super fast with that!)

Recently, I had to sign 200+ flippin job applications in the space of an hour, and that was tough- but it was just repetitive n stuff. I've also had to write (Afterwards) the name of the company at the top of each letter, but I did that before I signed them all- that was a LOT tougher! You can get into a rhythm with your own name, but writing other names, it can put a strain on, ESP with an injury, so it does become much more surprisingly hard, so I can seriously sympathise with him there- AND he must sign quite a few thousand over the w/end- each personalisation doubles the amount he needs to write, and it all builds up.

With a guitar, its a totally different movement to strum than to write- its more i the wrist if you're doing it right, so thats besides the point really :huh:

Btw, apart from my feet killing me, it was a good day!

Out of the 8 collectormanias ive been to at milton keynes this has differnently the best one i have ever been to. Got to meet JB, EM & JM for autos and photos :)

sure i was like none stop all day but getting up at 5:30 to then be at MK for 8:30 was well worth it.

I voted excellent. Everyone I met was really friendly and I finally got to meet James Marsters. (Just to throw my 2p into his signing debate - I can work on a computer for 7 hours a day with no problem, but I can't write more than a paragraph without pain so I find it perfectly reasonable that he has trouble writing anything legibly other than his signature after X number of hours.)

Just got back. Spent to much money, but really enjoyed it.

Best bit meeting James and Eve. Both were great and had time for my six year old daughter as did Hattie. I think a big thanks should go to Neil Marshall though he only turned up for an hour at least he found time to come and sign for free.

Lastly i think Linda Blair as made a deal with the devil she looks better now than she did three or four years ago.

by the way poor turn out. i think not with people having no spare money to spend at the moment or so they say at least 1000 tickets went for JB`s signature alone nevermind is photo shoot if thats not a crowd puller i don`t no what is.

i had a great day,i got a big photo of JM and JB together in torchwood and got them both to sign it,JB was pleasant, a bit rushed but to be expected,JM was as lovely as ever,i would rather have those valuable seconds of conversation than have him write my name :huh: all in all not a bad day

regards

sharon

I went on Friday, Saturday and left on Sunday afternoon having met everyone I wanted.

Have to say I had a great time, despite the huge crowds on Sunday. Managed to bag a couple of great bargains on the stalls on Friday and have spent far too much.

Personally I thought it was a decent guest line up and all those I met were an absolute pleasure.

Thanks to the organisers and to all of the crew I encountered who were friendly and helpful.

Back home in rainy glasgow now, but i really enjoyed it this time around. Got there on sat morning and it was kinda quieter than usual, but sun was back to its busy self. Got to meet everyone i wanted too. James Marsters is such a nice guy, didn't mind that the autograph was not personalised. Paul McGillion was brilliant, his photo shot was great, cant wait to get pictures sent up the road. Eve Myles was gorgeous and very charming (lovely smile).Todd Bridges is such a pleasant guy. Had time to talk and his story about gary coleman's catchphrase was funny. Such a shame he never seemed that busy.

Many thanks to SM and the crew, done a great job.

:P:thumbup::blush:

I spent the day there today never been before but now can't wait till Sept,my daughter had her photo taken with James Marsters and is made up, i had mine taken with John Barrowman and am still on a high from that hug!!!! Seemed plesant although a little rushed for auto. Eve was great shook all the family's hands even my husband he said he didn't know what all the fuss was about (think he seceretly loved it). Was well pleased i managed to meet 3 of the main torchwood stars. Thanks to all the organisers can we have more? Please.

I thought it was excellent :P Great job guys!!

There were only 2 things that were a bit of a pain: One- the colours on the tickets were kind of confusing. My poor ol' Mum totally didn't get it!! Two- I didn't like the system of collecting the photos from the photoshoots. I much prefer how things were done a few years ago. (I think my last one before this was C11)

Well done though :)

I thought it was excellent :P Great job guys!!

There were only 2 things that were a bit of a pain: One- the colours on the tickets were kind of confusing. My poor ol' Mum totally didn't get it!! Two- I didn't like the system of collecting the photos from the photoshoots. I much prefer how things were done a few years ago. (I think my last one before this was C11)

Well done though :)

1. In what way was it confusing? There were signs up.

2. If you're talking about the end two, JM and EM collections, you'd understand why we did it that way after the nightmare that was the JB photo distribution.

One observation, the handing out of John Barrowman photo shoot pics was terrible.

Instead of keeping them in their piles they were distributed around the table with no apparent system in place. Most of the people waiting for their pics ended up finding other peoples for them.

I appreciate that the SM volunteers work hard over the weekend but perhaps a little more thought should go in to things such as the distribution of photo shoot pics.

Please let me stress this is the only bad thing I have encountered in 4 years of attending SM events; and I hope that the organisers will learn from today's events.

my 7th collectormania.

Went with a friend for Saturday and Sunday.

Travelling to and from Milton Keynes was ok (despite the lack of trains) thanks to the feel good factor of the weekend

Saturday was quieter than I expected but made it easier to get around the whole convention

Sunday was packed (more centre shoppers than saturday)

love the venue (as its nice to visit the centre's shops and get out for lunch)

love the dealers tables (great stills)

and 3 great guests

Nancy Allen- really fun chatting about Blow out

Lea Thompson- charming (I loved Caroline in the City)

Bruce Boxleitner - he'd just stepped off a plane but was really gracious

The torchwood signing seemed to be a bit of a scrum and the selection of guest stills was weak but these are minor quibbles

Great weekend

Any chance of US TV procedural guests (CSI, NCIS etc) or Primeval stars (UK SF that gets 5 million viewers)