What did you think or C13 in the end?

Lizzy

What did you think or C13 in the end?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think or C13 in the end?

• Excellent!
    • Good
    • Ok
    • Not Great...
    • Awful
    • Seriously Disappointed
    • Didn't Go

I got all but one auto I wanted which was Mark Ryan's. Bought one of the big pics from the stalls of Bumblebee. But got two Nat Tena autos, Santiago's and Tawny's. Nat loved my Tonks costume and kept wanting to steal my gloves and everytime she saw me she called me by name which was kinda scary but loved her none the less.

My feet are now killing me my from my Tonks boots, lil sad because my costume is now slightly damaged due to posing for too many pics as Tonks and the material in the arms stretching and the leather tearing from the backing. And the fact that there wasn't half as many people in costume as I expected.

Otherwise very good con.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, I can't believe i have to explain myself but here goes. Guitar playing is more tiring for the muscles of the hand and wrist than writing (ask any guitarist about finger/wrist cramps) so you wouldn't have to do it for anywhere near 3 days straight to have the same or greater affect as signing for 3 days.

Yes, but from my experience, it's far worse for the fretting hand than the strumming hand. Since I believe that he also writes with his strumming hand, the guitar playing would not necessarily have such an effect upon him as the writing. (He'snot exactly playing speed metal guitar either ;) )

I thought it was excellent ;) Great job guys!!

There were only 2 things that were a bit of a pain: One- the colours on the tickets were kind of confusing. My poor ol' Mum totally didn't get it!! Two- I didn't like the system of collecting the photos from the photoshoots. I much prefer how things were done a few years ago. (I think my last one before this was C11)

Well done though :)

1. In what way was it confusing? There were signs up.

2. If you're talking about the end two, JM and EM collections, you'd understand why we did it that way after the nightmare that was the JB photo distribution.

Yeah I know. I got it, but my mum is getting a bit slow cos of her age. She got confused cos the main background of the JB ticket was blue, but the end was green. She thought I had a blue ticket.

I totally understand that, it was just the fact that I'd just seen my photo and was about to get it, cos I had to catch a coach back to uni as I have an exam on Tues. I didn't even know a queue existed until one of the crew members told me cos I couldn't see a sign.

Seriously though only minor probs.

The c13 was good this time around just some down falls to guests not being able to make it on the saturday and turning up another day for example david balie went for the saturday mostly to meet him but he changed his date to monday and the site didnt say this also could of been more horror guests alot of sci fi guests again but thats ok i got to me dave powse, phillip herbert, linda blair and kelly stables LFCC seems a good onthis year and c14 looks promising already showmasters more horro guests pleas!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was excellent ;) Great job guys!!

There were only 2 things that were a bit of a pain: One- the colours on the tickets were kind of confusing. My poor ol' Mum totally didn't get it!! Two- I didn't like the system of collecting the photos from the photoshoots. I much prefer how things were done a few years ago. (I think my last one before this was C11)

1. In what way was it confusing? There were signs up.

I think one thing was, for example, Kai Owens ticket and Linda Blairs ticket seemed to be the same colour and neither had a name on just SUN I believe, but then I am seriously colour blind! (broke the machine at specsavers last year...)

there wasn't half as many people in costume as I expected.

The lack of people in costume really stood out and was a big surprise to me. I've been to five collectormania's and two comic con's now and this event had the least amount of people dressed up. The atmosphere of this con didn't seem as powerful as others I've been to either. I still had a great time, but there was a lack of buzz from the centre as a whole, I felt.

It was OK, I only paid to meet one guest and Nancy Allen was GREAT.

I have no complaints about SM on the event. I only wish Neil Marsjhall could have signed longer.

Edited by nicky

Hes not writing 3 days straight...that would imply he doesn't stop for 72 hours!

Guests arrive at what 10am? Write for 3.5 hours, not non-stop but with admittedly very short breaks. They then stop for an hour (in some cases more) Then maybe a photoshoot before starting to write again for maybe another 4 hours or so...over a 3 day period thats 21 hours in total.

The real problem is this. I am quite willing to believe one or more of the following:

1) James has a serious wrist injury which means he must limit his writing

2) He just wants to get more people through which equals more money

3) Our friend the physio is in error, not knowing the case history

4) He just doesn't want too

5) He has a crappy handwriting technique

You previous posts came across as you not being open to any other possibility other than your own ideas!

As far as I am aware his wrist lasts longer if he doesn't personalise. His choice not SM or his agent. If he doesn't personalises you can have him for 3 days if you want him to write your name and a message you get him for 1 - you choose. This way more of his fans get to see him.

I always look at personalisations as an added bonus rather than something I expect. I pay more to interact with the guests than for their signature; for me it's actually seeing them up close that's the highlight rather than getting my name squiggled on a piece of paper.

It was a good event, although a little crowded and lack of cosplayers! My friends and I thought we were the only ones there until the costume competition on Sunday, and even then there was a really small number.

It was my first Collectormania MK, and I didn't really like the fact it was in a shopping centre. A lot of our group felt a little ill because of how crowded it was, and just spent most of the day sitting down away from the crowds but yeah.

The guests were lovely, although a couple were rushed but it couldn't be helped. Eve Myles was wonderful, and Kai Owen made our weekend at the party, so a big thank you to them!

Preferred Collectormania Gmex over this one, but all in all it was a good event!