new Guests for this show

showmasters

I know my friend is looking for Grey's Anatomy announcements

They are not the only one lol

Look at you all wetting yourselves at the thought of one of these television ' stars ' lol.I hope its another movie star just to see how you all react.

well a tv star is a good guess what with the strikes starting to shut down production but i'm kinda in 2 minds on this one if it's someone i want to meet i'll need to go up to manchester on my own and i've already spent a lot this month, but then if it's someone i don't want to meet i'll be dissapointed lmao :wub:

Edited by Wyn

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hint/name of film/show would be a huge help because late Monday (or probably Tuesday as I guess late Monday means like 2:00am) would be to short notice to book hotel, train etc.

So a hint would be helpful (either that or don't make it a Lost guest!).

Also just thought I'd say thanks for the work your doing to get last minute guests.

• Moderators

I can't see it being Red Dwarf or Doctor Who if they're talking to US agents.

People are only guessing TV-related guests because of the strike. It could free up some big names from the TV world.

There are plenty that have done TV AND movie work.

I need to go to Manchester on my own too so stop moaning lol.Why dont we take bets? Ill bet its someone to do with either Star Trek/Red Dwarf/Heroes/Dr Who/Lost ........its bound to be.But those of us in the real world want someone whos a living legend.

Real world? Who wants to live in the real world?

i`m hoping its somebody really famous i don`t want to meet this would cut down the amount i have to spend and queing time. As i`m starting out at 3am saturday morning it could be a long day, especially if three great guests turn up.

if you see someone asleep in a que give them a poke it could be me. You know show masters will pull something out of the bag they always do.

You should all check out diary of a superfan.There are clips of it on youtube just now and yes they include actors from all these ' cult ' tv shows you guys watch.Most of them are frightened by you fans lol.You cant let your lives revolve around them.Even Malcolm McDowell said it best,nothing he does is for the fans.He doesnt really care either way if he has fans or not.But all you guys hounding them forever and wanting is ........a bit weird.Infact i doubt most of you even wanna meet most of these guests.The only reason you wanna get their auto is because they currently are in a tv show you like or ' were ' in it.Just for the sake of getting their auto.

I could turn round and say i wrote an episode of Angel and youd all want my autograph.Not because you like me but just cause i would have had somethin to do with the program and EVERY AUTOGRAPH counts lol.

Forget about your collections.Just meet people because you actually wanna meet THEM. Put the rest of your money in your piggybank.

• Moderators

Graeme, there's not really any need for that. Attendees have different reasons for paying their money, and that's fair enough.

There's nothing wrong with being an autograph collector, or a completist, or just meeting them because they were in a TV show or had something to do with one. Everyone has viable reasons for wanting to meet the guests, and that's up to them.

I'm not quite sure why you think people are doing it 'just for the sake of getting their auto' but there's nothing wrong with TV shows, and guests aren't automatically better for being in 'movies' instead.

In the end, these events are about the opportunity to meet those who we respect, admire, or need for collections etc, and that's all that matters. No-one needs to be criticised for their own choices.

You should all check out diary of a superfan.There are clips of it on youtube just now and yes they include actors from all these ' cult ' tv shows you guys watch.Most of them are frightened by you fans lol.You cant let your lives revolve around them.Even Malcolm McDowell said it best,nothing he does is for the fans.He doesnt really care either way if he has fans or not.But all you guys hounding them forever and wanting is ........a bit weird.Infact i doubt most of you even wanna meet most of these guests.The only reason you wanna get their auto is because they currently are in a tv show you like or ' were ' in it.Just for the sake of getting their auto.

I could turn round and say i wrote an episode of Angel and youd all want my autograph.Not because you like me but just cause i would have had somethin to do with the program and EVERY AUTOGRAPH counts lol.

Forget about your collections.Just meet people because you actually wanna meet THEM. Put the rest of your money in your piggybank.

Does it really matter why people attend these events, meet the stars, get autographs? I personally only get autographs of those who were/are in shows/films that I've enjoyed. But if I can meet some others then I take the opportunity. Its all about personal opinion.

If the best you can do is come here and insult, then dont bother at all

I need to go to Manchester on my own too so stop moaning lol.Why dont we take bets? Ill bet its someone to do with either Star Trek/Red Dwarf/Heroes/Dr Who/Lost ........its bound to be.But those of us in the real world want someone whos a living legend.

A living legend - do you mean like Superman , or maybe Godzilla .

Gee , I'd like to meet him too :YAHOO:

And not because I actually want to meet him , but because I love the film he's in . I don't give a stuff about him , or any of them in person - they can all stay in the real world and leave me in my own little one where all the TV programmes are great and clouds are made of chocolate because it never rains :YAHOO:

I love my life , so bring on Godzilla :D

'Most' is a VERY large exaggeration, and most of that is misquoted. For example, Eliza Dushku talked about convicted murderers sending her fan mail and called it creepy - next thing, they cut out the 'convicted murderers' part and all kinds of media are reporting it as 'Buffy's Faith hates her fans'. Those who are 'frightened' by the fans are frightened by the truly obsessive, which VERY few people who go to these actually are.

Yeh, i suppose. Good on Showmasters though, they must make a fortune.Nice to see Malcolms been in the UK all week aswell,a true star.Not just here for the convention or to make money.Hes here for the visit.

Superman? Godzilla? Hmm well since Gozilla never really had an ' actor ' play the part ill assume you mean Superman movies. Didnt Eminem kill Christopher Reeve in song a few years ago then he died? Or was it the other way around.I knew the deaths were around the same period lol. But yeah isnt that the film with the character of Lois Lane? Shes on Youtube and even shes petrified of the fans lol.

Malcolm isnt phased though.His last convention in the US he had people constantly going back and forward giving him the updates on the PGA tournament lol.

Yeh, i suppose. Good on Showmasters though, they must make a fortune.Nice to see Malcolms been in the UK all week aswell,a true star.Not just here for the convention or to make money.Hes here for the visit.

Superman? Godzilla? Hmm well since Gozilla never really had an ' actor ' play the part ill assume you mean Superman movies. Didnt Eminem kill Christopher Reeve in song a few years ago then he died? Or was it the other way around.I knew the deaths were around the same period lol. But yeah isnt that the film with the character of Lois Lane? Shes on Youtube and even shes petrified of the fans lol.

Malcolm isnt phased though.His last convention in the US he had people constantly going back and forward giving him the updates on the PGA tournament lol.

now your just rambling!!

Right...and of course you're completely not one of us weird or freaky ubergeeks travelling several hundred miles and pay for hotels to see one person who you consider to be more worth attention that someone else. See that kettle? It's as black as your pot, mate.

Glasgow isnt far from Manchester.The only reason im going is i might not get to meet Malcolm again.All these tv show people they live off these things,they cant get enough of them.Im just taking advantage of meeting one person whom i might not get a chance to see again.

Up until now I have read your posts with great interest. I always respect people's choices, but will always pipe up if I feel I need to reply. Your post about YouTube et al is complete and utter tosh. I am shocked that you would take everything posted on the net, and especially sites like YouTube, as bonafide accurate. That goes the same for the print media. You call yourself a fan, yet you slate fans who like TV Shows.

Well, in the politest possible way I say this...

After meeting Malcolm, look for one of these..

Exit_sign.jpg

After finding it, I have two words for you..

DO ONE....

Your comments about the fans, and you are one yourself, is as shallow and immature as the people who call us geeks, nerds and say we have no lives.

So, once again, I refer you to the two words above...and now below...

DO ONE....

Edited by AJ Jones

Glasgow isnt far from Manchester.The only reason im going is i might not get to meet Malcolm again.All these tv show people they live off these things,they cant get enough of them.Im just taking advantage of meeting one person whom i might not get a chance to see again.

You seem to have utter contempt for the guests and everyone who will be attending this and any other event, including Macolm MacDowell. You attack what you don't understand to make yourself feel more important and better than everyone.

I am attending to meet Kristine Sutherland and William Forsythe who dont do many of these types of events but that is irrelevant really. To demean and put down other people for taking pleasure in meeting the guests (no matter who there are) is nothing short of pathetic.

It is far really...Its a good 3h Journey. So return its quite a long way just for one guy.

One thing you failed to mention is that alot of people while they collect autographs they go to meet their Friends who they have met on the forums. Its a chance to visit a new place, make new fiends and collect some autographs to add to their collections. Im not going for any autographs this time, but it wont stop me attending

You must have some 'nerd' in you or you wouldn't travel all this way for one guy

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl

Glasgow is far enough from Manchester :chair:

Glasgow is far enough from Manchester :blink:

217 miles according to The AA - thats further than I'm driving :blink: