new Guests for this show

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and my bank balance breathes a sigh of relief, if he/she comes to a collectormania or london film and comic con that will be easier for me as i am down south all ready but saying that i was excited, no gmex for me the pennies can go towards next years events

hmm wonder who it was lol

Well, that saves me a flight from Ireland. Getting a hotel at this late stage would have been expensive so I suppose, from a monetary point of view, I'm glad. Still, it was exciting, guessing and waiting.

Thanks for the effort SM. See you at CM13!

it was a big name and short notice and we would have needed your help in letting the fans know they were coming to the show

I think people might not wanna risk a repeat of LFCC Heroes guests mass-mania and keep it a secret!! :WINCE:

I'm sat in Hong Kong (1pm here!)

Lay ho-ma! That's a bloody long and expensive place to travel from!!! :smile: Waaah. ;)

So does that mean were getting no more big guests? shame, i'm not moaning but the guests this time aint that good (for me at least) i was hoping for say Hiro from Heroes for my Girlfriend and Michael Keaton for myself (oh i can dream can't i)

Just wondeing but whats in it for the guest to come? do they get payed by showmasters? there flight payed? if they get payed to come how much would say Malcolm mcdowell get (and say craig charles or Kellie Bright too at the other end of the spectrum)

Just wondered how it all works?

So does that mean were getting no more big guests? shame, i'm not moaning but the guests this time aint that good (for me at least) i was hoping for say Hiro from Heroes for my Girlfriend and Michael Keaton for myself (oh i can dream can't i)

Just wondeing but whats in it for the guest to come? do they get payed by showmasters? there flight payed? if they get payed to come how much would say Malcolm mcdowell get (and say craig charles or Kellie Bright too at the other end of the spectrum)

Just wondered how it all works?

Oh course they get paid, they arnt going to pay for there own flights and sign for free... what they get paid is for jason to know and not us on the board... but no more big guests will be announced now.

You could ask the guests themselves sometime!!! :WINCE:

I'm sat in Hong Kong (1pm here!) wondering who it was, even arranged to fly back Thursdsay night to arrive Manchester Friday in anticipation.

The things we do for a big name!!

I hope you did not book a flight, believing there will be a big name announced :smile:

Because it's the sad consequence of that kind of funny game... :WINCE:

Good to hear that you are trying for next year.

I still feel for big guests that will be the same as Hobbit/Heroes Mania LFACC is the best option for them due to the size of the ventue. Gmex is a little smaller then earls court 2 so in someways this might be a blessing.

What a shame that after having a “lot of calls from the US from big agents with great guests “ nothing came of it, especially as the emphaise was on guests and not just the single guest which has subsequently been referred to.

Edited by Noddy

• Moderators

I doubt it's a case of 'ooh suddenly all these guests are available because of the writers strike!' and they get to pick and choose as they wish.

Think about it - there's agents, prices, other plans, whether Showmasters think they're a viable guest, whether the people actually WANT to do a show etc.

I'm sure they could get 'someone', but it's not a case of just getting 'someone' because they're available.

Loads of shows have stopped i thought they could get someone....

SM never said the availabilty of the guest(s) was cos of the WGA strike, it was just third party speculation.

Seems a bit off though that the guests' agents would be calling SM for a possible appearence at the con when they werent even certian if they could do it yet. Jumping the gun methinks considering there's a lot at stake and to organise in the run up to the event.

Edited by nicky