OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

• Moderators

Well I was gonna come and introduce myself, just saying I've been to a couple of collectormania's blah blah blah but after reading bleedthewaiter's post I feel I just don't have anything to say in comparison!

I'm just here :lol:

Well you could always write true stuff instead of making up a long weird post like his :P

That's a lot of links! I wouldn't be able to keep up with them all!

:pyth: Well it takes quite a lot of effort, I can tell you that much... Hence the away time. I've been a busy girl :poki::pyth:

Hey stranger long time no hear

Heya, Aspen! :cheesface:

Yep, it has certainly been a while... I've been very busy (as you can see)! Will you be at CollectorMania? I hope to be in costume and maybe see you there. It's going to be good to catch up with everyone after such a long absence I think :pyth:

Well I was gonna come and introduce myself, just saying I've been to a couple of collectormania's blah blah blah but after reading bleedthewaiter's post I feel I just don't have anything to say in comparison!

I'm just here :thumbup:

Well you could always write true stuff instead of making up a long weird post like his :D

Here goes then!

I'm Jo, 26, from Tibshelf, near Chesterfield. I'm originally from West Bromwich so I have a dodgy accent for this area! I've been to the past 3 Collectormania's.

I'm into Alias and Star Trek: Voyager and Enterprise, and slightly into a few other programmes too. I love movies, I'm a big fan of comic book films and of anything involving Sandra Bullock, Gina Gershon, Jennifer Garner or Angelina Jolie.

Musically I'm very much into P!NK.

So far, I've met:

• Robert Picardo
  • Kate Mulgrew
  • Eliza Dushku
  • Amber Benson
  • Juliet Landau
  • Mercedes McNab
  • David Carradine
  • most of the Red Dwarf cast

I know theres more but right now I just can't think of them! I'm looking forward to meeting Brandon Routh and Ray Park at the next Collectormania and my ideal guests would be anyone from Alias, some CSI cast, the Voyager and Enterprise crew, particularly Roxan Dawson, Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock, I'd also love to meet Carrie Fisher.

Well, thats slightly more than I put last time.... :thumbup:

Edited by me_psychotic

Hello.

My name is Angela, Im 27 and im from Medway. Im really looking forward to my first collectormania although with everything ive read im really nervous about it too.

I cant wait to see James Marsters, he is the best. Also looking forward to seeing Charisma Carpenter and Tony Head too.

Dont really know what else to say, so bye for now xx :D

Well ive just realised ive never introduced myself on here before so here i am! :chair: My name is Lucy and im 32, married with 2 kiddies! We live in Essex!

In my other life tho ive been going to Collectormania since C4 with my sister whos been to them all, and a few LFCCs too!

My main interests being Buffy and Angel but i now seem to be getting my Lost book signed too? :chair: I like loads of other shows too tho like 24, Supernatural, Bones, Smallville and of course Lost! Ive just started watching heroes too! :chair: We try and meet most people from these shows but also LOTRs too!

I love going to Collectormania, not only for the great guests but the atmosphere too, everyone is friendly and lets face it all there for the same reason!?

Think thats it, short and sweet! Might see some of you next week at C11! :chair:

hey, im Mark ive been here since just before c10, im 19, single, i love Avril Lavigne, huge fan of Buffy/Angel, c11 will be my 2nd MK event and i cant wait! if you see me say hi! i dunno what else to write at the mo! so i guess i.ll see you at c11! *edit* heres what i look like careful your pcs dont blow up lol photo-6.jpg

Edited by french.123

Hello :WAVE:

My name is Kath, i'm 30 something and i'm from Wales :P

I'm a big Buffyverse fan and luv James Marsters :poki:

I did my first trip on a plane to America to see him :D

This is my 4th CM :clap: I've been to CM7, CM9, CM10 and will be at CM11 after seeing James play in London :P

Here's me............

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/mars...de/scan0003.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/mars...de/scan0002.jpg

Hello everyone I am Katie from Cambridge I am 17 years old and a HUGE fan of Robert Englund I met him in person in mancester last year and i could never have imagined what a nice bloke he is this is me and him MeandRobert-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Chris and I'm from Milton Keynes (well that's the obvious stuff done!)

I'm depressed right now, having read through this thread and seen someone claim to be 'old' when they are 29.... I'm 35.... :firedevil:

Currently I'm into Heroes, CSI, 24, Lost, Entourage, Drive (*sobs*) and Veronica Mars. Previously I have enjoyed Angel, Buffy and Firefly. I am coming to the opinion that US TV networks basically hate me.

I've been attending Showmasters events since they first started (in Woughton Campus and Stantonbury campus) and I've not missed an MK event yet. I've worked the last few events n the Fireflystore, raising money and awareness for Equality now (www.equalitynow.org)

This is me:

a3bc08c6.jpg

and this is my dog, Marley

Doggie.jpg

(who, lets face it, is WAY cuter and more photogenic!) ;)

My name is Lala and I'm 38 (why am I getting deja vu from the AA) C11 was my third event.

I drive a London Black Cab as my car which is currently in the process of being gothed up. I am a secretary in Victoria and I live in Romford (am SOOO not an Essex Girl).

I do Live Action Role Play which involves camping in fields with others camping it up in costume.

I refuse to get old or even to grow up because that's for quitters. As long as you pay your bills who cares what you get up to in your spare time? Of course that is if you don't hurt anyone or break the important laws.

I'm just a teeny bit retro coz if I could work out how to put a photo on here I would!

I'm just a teeny bit retro coz if I could work out how to put a photo on here I would!

If you upload a photo of yourself to something like www.photobucket.com then post the IMG code here. Once you have signed up with photobucket you can upload loads of photos to keep showing people. If no IMG code is provided, copy the URL and use the tree icon at top of a reply box ^^^ up there and post your URL into the box when prompted :)

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I found the 'Official Introduce Yourself Thread'! Alrighty folks then let me introduce myself....

I think my Username is known now...*gg* He should it be, cuz I post under this name here... :D

My real name is Chrissi and I come from Germany and yea my first language is German and in fact I have a German accent, so and I can do nothing against my accent. For all who are interested in I am girl by the way, a very funny girl! :YAHOO:

My age is changing every year so and I won't talk about my age.

I am a big fan of Star Trek TNG, cuz I can say I grew up with this Show and that makes me.... :P To a child of the eighties and I am a big fan of Brent Spiner who played my beloved android Data. But I am also interested in all good movies and watching good movies is a great thing for me. And when I don't watch a movies I do read books and most of them are Star Trek books. Very logical would I say and the next thing, what I like to do is to post in communities with a lot of cool poeple in it. I love it to talk to different people. That is so interesting for me, to figure out the different opinions about a topic. It makes fun... :WAVE:

And when I have a little bit time I create my own wallpapers with my ol' photoshop program, because I am teached from graphic designer and this girl is for me a really great person and has given me so many valuable advices, as she was teaching me in all kinds of graphic design.

Okay I think that's all for the moment about me. I know there are some more things about me, but that will come later in the time... ;)

Edited by princessofthedarkness

• 3 weeks later...

Aww my little thread has quite a few posts! I'm so proud ^_^

I've edited my initial post as I look a bit different to my days as a crepe eater :wub:

Keep posting folks, it's great to see just who's lurking on this forum :D

Hey my name is Zoe

I am 15

16 on december 13th

for some reason i feel like the youngest person here lol.

im like addictived to Buffy n i ave been since i was lil.

I have random Buffyafone. [where i watch everysingle episode none stop]

I love music. nuffink inperticular just music.

I dnt fink i rele class ma self as ne thing like grebo or goth or w.e

im just wot eva i feel like when i wake up.

I have Myspace if u wana add me its www.myspace.com/lilzozo

feel free to add if u ave it cuz ill accept ne one.

ma fav star is Alyson Hannigan n ill luv to meet her.

thts bout it rele.

cba to do a photo so yeah.

cya

XxBrokenAngelxX

I live in Romford (am SOOO not an Essex Girl).

I do Live Action Role Play which involves camping in fields with others camping it up in costume.

OOOW I live in Rainham, though when the people at my new job ask me where I live, I have to say its 10mins from Romford cause theres a Rainham in Kent, (never new that till I moved here)

I go to a sci-fi group every Friday night down in Rayleigh, near Southend, and trust me when I say I know loads of people (including myself) who don't look or act anything like a typical Essex Girl, so your not alone on that one.

Where abouts in Romford do you live?

I refuse to get old or even to grow up because that's for quitters. As long as you pay your bills who cares what you get up to in your spare time? Of course that is if you don't hurt anyone or break the important laws.

Oh yeah and I said to my friend when she once dressed up as little bow peep, the one who had lost her sheep, though in her case it was rabbits (don't even go there) I said "don't you feel a little bit embarassed dressed upp like this in open place like this (we were at a park at the time) she said, "It's called my second childhood, hey your only as old as you feel, and frankly I'm to old to care what others think, anymore, I just like to enjoy myself while I still can, though Im not exactly ancient"

She's right you know

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Hey, I'm Alex, I'm 17, studying English Lit&Lang combined, Media Studies and History at A-Level. I'm a pretty big scifi fan, especially on the TV side of things. All the usual suspects, like Firefly, Star Trek, Stargate (until recently, I fangirled it mercilessly), X-Files etc, as well as a whole range of Canadian shows, cop shows, and comedies.

I got a Nintendo DS recently, and I'm pretty damn obsessed with completed Super Mario Bros (I'm on World 8!). I'm planning on going to the London Film & Comic Con this year, it'll be my first con ever, and I'm excited/nervous.

I also try to write, and want to be published one day (this is a looong way off), as well as work in the IT industry.

And this is me:

Photo27.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Pat, I'm 45 so does that make me one of the oldest?? Been doing Conventions for more years than I care to think about. The MK shows are better for me, as they are an easy drive form Cambridgeshire . Met the great Shatner, a high point in my life. Haven't been to one in ages, as funds are limited at the moment ;)

I'm married with 2 grown up daughters. Have been into sci-fi since I was 5yrs, so guessing there's not much hope for me now :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Jessie, I live in England and I'm a big big big Pirates of the Caribbean fan, and I like Heroes, firefly, and Lost. Erm, my favourite actors are Mads Mikkelsen, Johnny Depp, Tom Hollander and Ioan Gruffudd. Hm I like Being with my friends and family, Watching films/going to the cinema, Going to the theatre, Shopping, Reading, Daydreaming, Being a pirate XD, Listening to film soundtracks, and Cooking.

And yeah, thats all I can think of XD Nice to meet you all.

Hey :P

I'm Craig and i'm 18 and i live in Upminster, Essex!! lol

I just finished my A-levels and am hoping to go to uni to study medicine. I've been to about 3 collectormanias - and they were all great, but i had to stop going due to loads of work and other commitments. But now i am gonna try and attend as many events as i can.

I plan to attend the london film and comic con in sept :P:D:D

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (got a HUGE collection of figures), LOTR, the matrix, lost, prison break, heroes, the simpsons (cant wait to see the movie - SPIDERPIG!!!), futurama, american dad, family guy.

I'm a huge gamer, and i love my ds :D

It'll be nice to get to know you all

Btw, here is my MySpace

Dont worry about it being private i'll add you all :D

Edited by Krusty111

I'm Jo, 26, from Tibshelf, near Chesterfield.

That's like, about 4 miles away from me!

I'm in Stainsby.

Also, not been on here for a while, so a lot of people might not know me (not saying whether that's a good thing or a bad thing - hey, make your own damn mind up :WINCE: )

http://a728.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...04a58062a1f.jpg - 's me.

B.

Hi ya

Been meening to reg for ages but you know how it goes....

Anyway....

My name is Paul I am the Charity Officer and one of the Events officers for the 99th Imperial Garrison. I am an active costumed member and own a couple of costumes including a full set of stormtrooper armour and a near completed Rodian Bounty Hunter costume. My little boy also has a full Jawa costume and my wife (reluctantly) has an imperial Stormtrooper Officer kit.

I'll be at C12 in costume and more than likely at Manchester too so come over an say Hi!