OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

I've been going to cons a few years now but only just registered on the forums, so, this is me. :YAHOO:

I'm Maxine, 35, lives in Essex with hubby, two cats and a dog, work as an auditor for a large multi-national company and get really excited before all the events, driving everyone I work with, all my family and friends, insane. You're not getting a photo because I hate my picture being taken so make sure I always carry the camera :angel:

I'm kind of passionate about a few genres - Star Trek and Whedonverse being the biggies atm, but there are so many really cool shows and films out there it's hard to pick a favourite.

We mainly go to the MK and London events, but can sometimes get to Manchester if I can convince hubby there's someone really worth seeing, or if my recently converted neice wants to go - I am corrupting the younger generation into the world of cool sci-fi.

So that's me, a sci-fi geek since 1979. My parents dispaired, they really did.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted a few times on here but i hadn't seen this topic before!

Well, I'm Nadine, 22 and live in Manchester. I work as an advisor for RBS/Natwest (basically I sell people money), I'm hoping to soon gain qualification as a mortgage advisor (although what good it's gonna do me in today's climate I don't know...) and I have a chronic RPG and World of Warcraft addiction.

I love horror films, Japanese films and science fiction film and TV series and collect autographs and general Collectables, largely action figures.

My favourite films of all time are somewhat of a mixed bunch; Scream, The Exorcist, A nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Jaws, Alien & Aliens, Terminator 2, Star wars IV, V & VI, Hedwig and the angry inch, Bride of Chucky, Hatchet, The Craft, The Descent, Terror Firmer (in fact anything by Troma), Donnie Darko, Versus, Oldboy, Suicide Circle, Monster, Bound, Orgazmo...

Damn, that list would go on and on but I had to cap it, once you start with a list like that you really find it hard to stop reeling them off!

I also love b-movies, especially the new generation of horror b-movies being churned out at the moment, Zone Horror has become my favourite TV channel!

My main loves TV wise are not all sci-fi related, and are the X files, Millennium, Firefly, Star trek TNG and Voyager, CSI and CSI NY (NOT Miami though I cant stand Horatio), Bad Girls, Futurama, Doctor Who, Torchwood and Red Dwarf (not an exhaustive list I'm sure but I'm trying to limit myself!).

One thing that shocks most people is that I'm really not a big fan of Buffy or Angel, nor am I of Heroes. I haven't really watched that much of them becuase I haven't been able to get into them at all.

I go to as many events as my bank account can handle, normally three a year but now Manchester has been cut back to once annually I may only be able to afford two. Hoping to make LFCC a regular after how good this year was.

I can't think of anything more to ramble on about, so here's a pic of me to properly introduce myself "face to face"...

n615456031_673311_2208.jpg

Hope to see some of you around!

Nadine x

Edited by nadatron

So I should say hi here as well?! :thumbup:

Okay ..... HI! :unsure:

So I am Sylke and I am from Germany. I love SciFi, Mystery and Fantasy and most of all I love: Stargate, Star Trek, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings, Buffy, Angel, Charmed and lots more. But I also love shows like CSI (Las Vegas and Miami, don't like NY at all), Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Emergency Room and Bones.

:WAVE: I'm Jess. 21. Into ska/pop punk/powerpop/punk rock and a bit of everything music-wise, love live music and that. LFCC 2008 was my first con - initially was just going for Cyanide & Happiness but then got excited cause Jason Mewes and Malcolm McDowell (grrr) were there as well as some others. Ended up meeting Jason Mewes (naturally, :wub: ), Kenny Baker, Pete Postlethwaite (under-rated legend!), Bill Oddie & TBT (well just in photoshoot), Christopher Lloyd (ditto), Deep Roy and Brad Dourif (who wrote 'wanna play?' on my chucky photo as requested :clap::angel: ). Also at the end of each day i met Charlie Weber & David Anders respectively because well I fancied them and I had enough money left :D

I also took part in the star wars attempt B)

not got pics up anywhere *that* public but if you have a myspace login you can see them at www.myspace.com/heyweirdo as they have an album all to their lil selves :-)

Loved the con wanna go again next year!! Even tho I spent too much money on stalls and photos and autographs :lol: hoorah for passing-my-degree-reward-money from both mum AND dad (divorced so separate payouts) :P

Ta-Ra! :WAVE:

(P.S. Apologies for the OTT usage of the clickable smilies. I got a bit carried away)

Edited by JessCansBe1337

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Carl

I'm 23, from the UK fairly new to the convention circuit. Love music first-and-foremost especially Metal and Rock - to which I play bass and drums have a boardering obsession with Iron Maiden.

Love films and cult TV too (Evil Dead, Romero's Dead Trilogy, Stargate franchise, Buffy and also a criminally cancelled British sci-fi show called Strange...damn you BBC). Couple of my top fives:

Bands:

Iron Maiden

Akercocke

Slayer

Pantera

Napalm Death

Films:

Dawn of the Dead (1974)

The Wicker Man (1972)

Aliens

Dead Man's Shoes

Clockwise

Books:

Sound of the Beast - Ian Christie

The Forgotten Soldier - Guy Sajer

Bang Your Head - David Konow

Run To The Hills - Mick Wall

& Pretty much anything done by Peter Underwood or Richard Felix

TV Shows:

The Simpsons

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Jonathan Creek

Doctor Who (Baker >)

Strange

*Also love most classic British comedies

Anything else feel free to ask.

a8e46c92d62e3871e2ec33bf2911ba8a.jpg

Sorry only picture I've got that has a linked URL.

Edited by rogue_entity

Ola

Im Beth or Bethy, 21 years, from MK, been going to con's since they started here, got interested in it all, then started traveling to others.

I drink alot, dance, sing, well I think I can, but when I do that, I tend to be drunk at the time...

I work in a coffee shop as the manger in training, get to meet unfamous people like Jade Goody, X Factor people, most exciting meeting at work has to be meeting the Arsenal men and Ewan McGregor! But crazy stuff, my manager didnt even no who he was!!!!! And the day after that some "guy" came in from Emmerdale, and she got all excited!??? Hmmm...

Love TV--Buffy/Angel/Heroes/Lost/Smallville/Sex and the City...Gimme Gimme Gimme, brilliant mix..

Love Movies--Far to many to list, but top fav's

1. The Labyrinth

2. Spiderman

3. Sin City

4. Empire Records

5. 10 Things I Hate About you

6. Kill Bill

7. LOTR's and Scream...

Love Music--Bon Jovi/Cyndi Lauper/The Killers/Letters To Cleo/Goo Goo Dolls/Kelly Clarkson/Cascada....

I have a Nation Diploma in Performing Arts, so I love to act, and entertain....I do love dressing up alot....

me4.jpg

And trying to play the guitar!! I break strings alot....

I also love tattoo's....I have four and adding more...But am to scared to get my ears done?

Thanks for reading!

Msn-- Jovi_chick2@hotmail.co.uk

Facebook-- Beth Katie Fry

Myspace-- www.myspace.com/Jovi_chick

Edited by BethyBoo

i cant belive i've never posted on here! for shame on me.

anyway might as well join in with the cool kids...

My real name is Paula-lou ( say it fast and you will realise why i go by pez)

i live in newcastle and i spend most of my time living on trains or busses or standing at busstops

I'm a very active member of Sylars army.

im now 25, i have far to many qualifacations maths english drama social studies, it and theater studies.

i now work in an optitians and i'm an optical nurse, yes i get to poke old people in the eye for a living.

I used to do shows a lot before i played house keeper to the scary ex and i got back in to it last year cause of heroes, and it's nice to be back around people who get IT!

321.jpg

me and river

714.jpg

me and my oldest godson

100_1312.jpg

me and some random bloke i picked up at c13

Edited by pez

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Elaine...I'm at least as old as the last two people added together but am going through some kind of rejuvenation process which includes me becoming a fan girl again. I haven't done anything like this in years.

I live in the West Country with my hubby and three kids but originate from nearer London. I work with children with special educational needs.

The rejuv process started back when I decided to read LOTR about the time Jackson announced he was shooting the films. But have been a sci-fi fan since my husband took me to see Star Wars on our first date, followed by the Chrisopher Reeve Superman movies and the Return of the Jedi on our honeymoon. :vader::yoda:

I love music, my i-pod has a strange mix that includes anything from Debussy and Rachmaninov to Linkin Park, McFly and Paramore

I'm a bit of an HP freak and have subsequently become a bit Twilight obsessed. This is where the fan girl in me kicks in although Johnny Depp will always have a special place in my dreams. :wub:

Coming into this thread late on i know but what the hell.

Im a newbie and have only been to one SM show thus far, mind you it was CM Midlands 1 and to be quite frank im not sure it will ever get better for me as i have now met god.

Real name is Stu, im 31 years old though will be 32 in three weeks time (god i feel so old), father of a 2.5 year old daughter with second baby girl due in November (must need my head read). As well as loving the use of brackets (dont we all :) im a bit of a geek.........mind you my girlfriend understands and has a bit of the geek about her even if she wont admit it.

I love movies and have just over 1000 dvds in my collection, the problem i have is that i have to have all the best editions of everything and it costs a bloody fortune.

For those of you who are interested click the link below for the full list of dvds ive amassed

My Webpage

Outside of film ive been a radio presenter/producer, an Ibizian barman/dj, a sofa salesman, a croupier and now for my sins work at a building society....really good for job security right now :) (i also like using ...., not quite as much as brackets but its close)

Cant really attend too many shows due to cost but had to go to Midlands 1 to meet the living legend that is Bruce Campbell, the greatest day of my life outside of the birth of my daughter.

Not really sure what else to say other than hope to meet some of you at a show sometime and if you wann catch my ugly mug just check out my profile picture, not that im obsessed by Bruce Campbell or anything!!!

Hello, im not new but i thought i would introduce my self.

My nickname and user name is maegurwen or maeg for short (thanks cher ;) )

I have been away for a while, working. Have also been looking for a way to publish my poems but no luck.

My real name is tracy and ill be 23 soon :WINCE:

Have been to a few events. Im into scifi mostly :P

Edited by maegurwen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi My name is Chris Hodkinson,

I've been going to a few cons around the country for a couple of years now dressed as a Stormtrooper, first for the 99th and now for Knights of the Empire. I recently put together a non-star wars costume in the form of a Captain Mal costume from Firefly. I hope to attend more cons in this attire (its so much more comfortable and practical!) not in any official capacity but just as a fellow geek :D

I hope to meet as many of the firefly/serenity cast as possible before they stop attending events. I met Morena at the collectormania in Milton Keynes just gone.

In the real world I work as Design Engineer for BAE Systems, the costuming is a major hobby of mine and as previously mentioned mainly centres around the star wars stuff with my stormie. Recently joined the Galactic Legion with My Captain Mal and hope to do events for that group as well.

Look forward to meeting many of you at the events in the near future, If you see me about in my Captain Mal stop me and say Hi :uhoh: I'm especially excited about the Hallowhedon event next year! *Fingers crossed for Fillion*

2874842661_26cac8cc22.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Captain Mal

• 2 weeks later...

hay people!!

im lucy ....... im not new tho. i joined ages ago but i lost my user name and password for ages.

anyway i thought i best introduce myself AGAIN!!

im 21 and from yorkshire (if u meet anyone you cant understand that would be me lol)

ive been going to collectormania since 2006. i got introduced into the event from a friend (lainey) erm i got interested after starting a film and TV course at college.

at conventions you'll see me hanging around Buffy guests and also Janco Toys stall. if not there, i'll be drunk at a bar somewhere lol

you might see me at C15 nxt year and you WILL see me at Hallowhedon (ive got a gold pass)

if you want you can add me on facebook (lucy michelle croft)

see you around xxx

• 1 month later...

Heeeey All!

My name is Gemma, I am new to the forums and have never been to a showmasters event before. I have only ever been to one con and it weren't showmasters.

I will definately be attending Hallowhedon and hopefully CM15 next year. I am a huge Buffy/Angel fan aswell as many other shows.

I don't really know what else to write so hopefully will meet some of you at Hallowhedon next year if I can't make it to CM15 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! A bit late, but anywhoo. My nickname is Jade, J, or any name with J. It's a private joke that I had with one of my german friends, and it stuck so people have been calling me this for years now! The only people who don't are my Mum and my Mum's parents, but even the teachers call me Jade, so you can just shout that out at the cons! ;) I'm fourteen years old, and my birthday is May 22nd. I live in Ireland but have lived in Australia and Germany prevoiusly. I am a massive Twlight, harry Potter, One Tree Hill, Fringe and CSI, Law and Order, Cold Case etc fan. Eternal Twilight will be my first, and definitely not last, convention and I'm sure it'll be awesome, so if you're attending just shout out, and I'm always glad to meet new people (my msn is watch.me.watchu@live.com)

I'm also a music junkie. Coldplay, Carolina Liar, Building rome, My favourite Highway, Stereophonics, The Jam, The Killers, Kate Voegele, Bethany Joy Galeotti, REM, Linkin Park, Lifehouse, Paramore, Secondhand Serenade, John Mayer, The Spill Canvas, P!NK, Feeder, Jack's Mannequin, Boys Like Girls, Iron & Wine, Manchester Orchestra, Incubus, Muse, Maroon 5, Matchstick Romance, and LOADS more are my life. Coldplay are my current favourite. I also love Reality TV shows! So addictive! I'm a Celeb, Big Bro, and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST X Factor rock.

I love writing Fanfiction. Twilight I write the most of, a bit of HP, OTH and Fringe, CSI and Cold Case mixed in there is my ff.net account :angry: I spend most of my time on that site, and this one.

I think that's about it... Yes I am avoiding the whole picture thing... BUT WHAT THE HELL! :angry: You'll see me anyway.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/Ka...e/DSC_00133.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/Ka...e/DSC_00138.jpg

^ ^ My innocent look :P

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/Ka...e/DSC_00043.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/Ka...e/DSC_00054.jpg

That is all the real me, no make up, no nothing. Ugly :D

Ello All

even though ive been a member here for some time now, i wanna do one of these since i just found the thread LOL

Hiya! Im kim, im 20 - soon to be 21 in january 09 :chair:

im from wirral, for those of you who have no idea where that is (which will probably be the majority lol) its over the river from liverpool!

ive been going to cons and signings since ...2002! emma caulfield and james marsters took my ''famous people meeting virginity'' LOL first collectormania i attended was the 2nd one ever in Milton keynes...whichever year that was...ages ago! lol

im a huge buffy and angel fan! met loads of different peeps over the years...love everything buffy related. for those of you who may not know this - im a massive james marsters fan...i adore him so much. and also a massive spike fan and spuffy shipper :thumbup:

other shows im into are, how i met your mother (love barney and NPH), charmed, friends, lost, dr who, torchwood, bones etc

fave movie is pirates of the caribbean :chair: im a big movie buff and love allsorts of films - ill try anything once! and in terms of music i love everything and anything :chair::chair:

so yeah thats me in a nutshell lol

feel free to add me as a friend to myspace or facebook

http://www.myspace.com/kimboberooni

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile....14&ref=name

ooh and this is me - recent photo :chair:

244o4ub.jpg

Edited by i_am_your_angel_of_music

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I didn't notice this thread right away and just dove in to start posting! I'm actually a U.S. native who's somehow found her way here after doing Google searching for a particular convention. The topics seemed to fit many of my interests, so I decided to join! Since 1992, I have attended a good handful of Sci-fi, Anime, and comic conventions in the U.S., the most being the San Diego Comic Con. My current interests are: BTGMD (Basil, the Great Mouse Detective), TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Sherlock Holmes, Disney, GH (Ghost Hunters, and International), HP (Harry Potter), The Phantom of the Opera, SW (Star Wars), and far too many others to name!

Hi!

I'm Kacey, a bit of a newcomer to conventions having only been to one (The Hub) in October which was amazing! (Even if I did go on my own and be a bit on the shy side...) I'm going to the Hub2 though, and hopefully to one of the CMs (none are really that near me, though MK probably closest) next year, so if anyone wants to recommend one... :P I'm all ears. Not literally lol

I'm a student, hopefully heading to Cardiff for university in 2009, and work in Lush the rest of the time. So most of the time I smell like bubble bath. Sorry about that... :YAHOO:

I'm a huge Doctor Who/Torchwood fan primarily, but I also love Twilight (the books rather than the film), and I've recently got obsessed with Buffy, having missed out on it completely the first time round for no apparent reason! I lost track of Charmed a few years back when I started working weekends, but still love it, and I love manga, but there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to read the amount I would like to! I will talk for hours about LOTR, Harry Potter, etc etc too

I'm on the right in this pic (if it works...) with my friend

Edited by kacey

• 2 weeks later...

First post on this thread of 2009 :D Happy New Year!!

So Howdy All!!

My name is Sarah, im 17 and from Kent, which is near london :D (just incase your as bad at geography as me) !!

I love conventions, concerts, Musical Theatre, parades, events, signings and anything that involves me getting out the house and having an adventure :D

I'm doing my A levels, but i also have a part time job at my local football team, not as a player (shocker) but at a waitress in the exectuive boxes ( it sounds posh but the alternative title should probarbly be "slave").

I'm relatively new to the convention thing. Mostly because my family have no interest in it, so i had to wait till i was old enough to travel by myself to start attending. My first con was The Hub in october 08 and had the time of my life. I went by myslef so it was great to meet so many new people who have become close friends.

I love meeting New People, and talking to new people, so come and say hi and i'll love you forever:D

But i'll warn you now, im fluent in jibberish, so don't expect much sense, especially when im excited :D

I'm a little kid at heart, i have so much fun and i love my life. I get really excited and nervous but thats like my energy . Like cars run on petrol i run on excitement.

Torchwood is my Obsession :wub:

I don't post on here that much, but i read it most days when 6th form gets a bit dull

Lotsa Love xx

sarawr.th.png

Tis a tiny version of me :D Taken in the Chrysler Building :D

Edited by SaRAWR!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all ... my name is Erwin ... I am from Aruba ... I love conventions ... I did 2 "Alias" Conventions in the UK and now planning on going to the "Twilight" Convention in Dallas, TX in August too ... I wish I could make it to the "Abrams Inc." Convention ... should be fun ... we'll see!

hiiii

Wow iv never even noticed this before.. and i have no idea what to say

Im sarah, but most people call me sazzy...been going to cons for about 2 years, well 3? in may! woop :)

i live in the place where people kidnap there own kids (yes dewsbury) and i HATE to admitt that

im a buffy addict, its my main reason for the cons...

hmmmmmm

i dunno what else to say

i LOVE meeting new people, so seriously if you see me just come say hi, makes me happy

i love the con partys, there so much fun!!!!!!! :)!! if u wanna dance come get me, thats always fun jhaha

heres me

tho i tend to change my hait colour ALL the time.

sept i got band form having it black again (davidb says im not allowed ;) lol)

P1050321.jpg

Im the blonde one :)

Hi

I've done this in the Hallowhedon thread but here goes.

Im Carolyn- most people call me Cas so that they don't slip and call me Caroline. I get kinda grumpy when people do that. Caroline is my cousin, we share the same surname and we are roughly the same age. Plus she is mean!

i'm 25 and from Greater Manchester.

Really love the work of Joss Whedon, specifically Buffy, Angel and Firefly. Haven't managed to see DR Horrible yet- waiting for it to be released in the UK.

I can be quite shy when you first meet me but if you get me started on my beloved shows i don't stop. Also just need to get to know what bounderies people have so that i don't step on people's toes.

i like quite a few other genre shows such as Charmed, Heroes, Dexter, Xena and Torchwood.

Not sure what else to say. If you want to know anything just ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! ^^

names Jim, 25, from Gillingham in Kent!

i've just been to Chevron 7.2! and it was awesome! (i was the guy with the backwards cap :( ) i've been going to expos since 2006, so going to a proper con was just incredible! and everyone there was so amazingly friendly! you guys made it a fantastic experience! so thanks to all of you! ^^

Edited by CapJaDarin

Hello everybody :D

my name is David, I´m 25 years old and from Germany - although I´d rather be Canadian ^^

I´m a great fan of both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and I also love Star Wars, including the Clone Wars movie and series. I admit that I like Tomb Raider as well ^^°

My hobbies are reading, Sci Fi and Fantasy, and I´m also interested in archaeology and ancient cultures in general. The most important things in life for me are family and friendship.

My favourite authors are Jules Verne (Journey to the Center of the Earth), E.A. Poe, H.P. Lovecraft (At the Mountains of Madness), and Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park).

I love the music of Alanis Morissette, Nelly Furtado, The Corrs, and many others! ;)

So, I think that will do for now ;)

P.S.: I´m seriously thinking about visiting the upcoming Collectormania event in June!