OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Ruari Williamson and I'm from London but currently residing in Dublin (Republic of Ireland). My fandoms include Star Wars, Harry Potter, James Bond, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Spider-Man, Percy Jackson and Narnia and a few others.

I haven't actually attended a Showmasters event yet but I'm hoping to attend one or two in 2014 (looking at LFCC in July and CollectorMania Glasgow in August as both take place after my leaving cert exams). I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you who have attended Showmastets events before. :smile:

Also, as my username suggests, I am a podcaster and host two podcasts: The Star Wars The Voice of the Republic podcast and the Everything Geek Podcast. If you want to find out more you can find links on my profile (I'm guessing if I shared them here it would be straying off-topic).

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to getting to attend my first Showmasters event soon!

-Ruari-

Hello everybody.

I'm Craig and have been a keen visitor to these forums since joining back in August. I'm 34 (man I feel old) and from Motherwell in Scotland.

I've always been a huge movie fan, not so much into comics, and will watch pretty much just about anything (except Twilight) although nothing beats sitting down to watch a good creepy horror movie, proper horror movies, not this torture stuff that's been doing the rounds recently, and also a right good cheesy action movie (you know the type).

Edited by Matthewman

Hi everyone, I'm Tom, I'm 27 & I live near Reading in Berkshire. I haven't been to any conventions before...in fact the only famous people I have met/have photos with are Chris Kamara (lol) and the members of Rammstein.

I originally signed up on here just to ask a question relating to tickets as I'm contemplating getting somebody one for a gift, but the more I think about the event the more excited I get so I may be sticking around and attending myself :)

I couldn't figure out how to skip to the end of the thread on my mobile so had to go through page by page...you all seem like a friendly bunch haha :)

So yeah...hi!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks, I'm Jaelin. I'm 20 and I live in Lincoln in the UK. I went to my first convention this year with my boyfriend which was the Winter LFCC and we absolutely loved it! I'm a massive fan of Tolkien, Doctor Who, GOT, Marvel, DC Comics, Lego and all that sort of thing. I have always been a bit of an obsessive, I have followed the Manic Street Preachers for a few years now and I slowly progressed into becoming obsessed with films, tv and books. So I think I was always destined to become a geek!

I have been browsing on here for quite a while now so I thought I'd take the plunge and join, I don't get to talk about the things I love often so it'll be nice to talk to like-minded people. I'm planning on going to Cardiff next and I can't wait!

Thanks for reading ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm in my late 20's, am a Doctor Who fan*. The eighth doctor is my favorite (if you can't already tell from my avatar). I haven't been to a comicon before (Really all I know I've got from watching big bang theroy). The nearest I've got was the special 50th celebration at the excel. I enjoyed cosplaying so much I thought I'd try to find another event to wear my costume creations too. I sew (Mainly vintage and historical clothing and blog about it). I also crochet, play folk music (squeezebox), and dance (lindy hop and charleston...but I dabble a bit in other jazz and swing era dances like foxtrot and quickstep).

*I also don't mind stargate SG-1, Red Dwarf, Crime Traveller (yes I know it only got one series), and Bugs. I also like Downton Abbey, Lark RIse to Candleford and strictly come dancing...but suppose that's not relevent. ;)

:lol: I have the DVD. Loved the cast and loved the ideas. It wasn't the best executed show but it almost had ideas before its time I think.

So do I. Saw it in the bargain bin at a well known retailer several years ago so had to rescue buy it as it reminded me of my childhood.

yeah definately one they could take the ideas and re-imagine for todays TV audience.

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Kate I am 28 years old and come from Southampton. I am currently studying for a degree in English Literature and Spanish. In my spare time I run a Entertainment blog dedicated to Books, Comics, TV and Film.

I used to be a sailing instructor and have been lucky enough to travel to a lot of awesome countries but LFCC14 will be my first convention and I can't wait! I will be going on my own which is a little scary but I am going to be brave.

I love Science Fiction & Fantasy. I am a massive fan of Lord of the Rings, Firefly, BSG, Chuck, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones/A song of Ice and Fire, The Hunger Games and many other things.

My name is Kate I am 28 years old and come from Southampton. I am currently studying for a degree in English Literature and Spanish. In my spare time I run a Entertainment blog dedicated to Books, Comics, TV and Film.

I used to be a sailing instructor and have been lucky enough to travel to a lot of awesome countries but LFCC14 will be my first convention and I can't wait! I will be going on my own which is a little scary but I am going to be brave.

I love Science Fiction & Fantasy. I am a massive fan of Lord of the Rings, Firefly, BSG, Chuck, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones/A song of Ice and Fire, The Hunger Games and many other things.

Welcome. LFCC14 will be my first ever proper convention too. (I only went to the doctor who celebration thing last year - and on my own). Olny downside to being on your own at a con I found was I felt really self concious about asking strangers to take a photo for me coz I didn't have tripod/timer.

Are you going to cosplay?

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Hello!!!

I'm unofficially intoroducing myself! Very new here but I'm a total Scaper and love rather too many random TV shows. Not been to a convention so far but hopefully this year I'll be able to go and get my nerd on! I live in remote-ish Wales and as such haven't had much chance to get to these kind of things (I missed them when I was in Cardiff for Uni - think I was too busy going dancing...). In real world stuff I'm an archaeologist, singer and model (ish). Happy days :)

Maybe I'll dress up as a Peacekeeper for my first con. Think that might be an easy one to ease me into the cosplay thing :)

Anyway, I'm Holly *waves*. I'll try not to be too embarrassing.

*edit* I've just noticed I'm the 666th reply. Spooky.

Edited by sapphonica

• 2 months later...

Hi guys and gals. New to the forum, but been a geek long before it was fashionable to be! lol. Anyway, my name is Kevin, I'm 36 and live in London. Love too many comics, ps3 games, sci-fi and movies to list everything here, but am sure we all like the same things (otherwise we wouldn't be here! lol). But here's a quick break down of some of the things I like:

Stargate SG1, Buffy & Angel, Doctor Who, BSG (original), Farscape, Flash Gordon, GalaxyQuest, Walking Dead (comics), Futurama. I prefer Marvel over DC (except for Batman), I think Batfleck and Eisenberg are bad casting decisions and I worship at the altar of Whedon.

I'll (hopefully) be attending LFCC in July. This will be my second convention but my first in cosplay (am excited at the moment, but know that I'll be nervous on the day).

BTW, my avatar is my Halloween costume, inspired by Stephen King's IT. Am trying to upload a pic of what I actually look like. (to be continued...)

Edited by morningstar

hey guys ! :gorgeous:

My name is Typhaine (but I prefer Typh'), and I'm 29.

I live in a city called Oignies, not far from Lille, North of France (where I go for work every day).

I'm a purchasing asistant...but I absolute Love metting people during conventions like LFCC of course, FATS in Belgium, or Japan Expo in Paris for example. I went to LFCC the 2 times.

I like TV shows more than movies (I sleep during the movies...except if they are captivating !!)

I like True Blood, Spartacus, Doctor Who, the walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, OUAT, Game of Thrones...and many more !

I can only Watch an episode a day because I'm lost in space and I'd like to stop the time sometimes...

I explain : I am a Young mum. My son Marlon is 17 months and sleeping miss me...We are proud parents but it's cool when Marlon spend just a day and a night on his gds parents house ! :D

I also collect Living Dead Dolls, and have an adorable french bulldog (a female) named Shadow. :yoda: Princess Shadow from Kingdom Of Darkness !

I love travelling and I love California and London. My dream will be to travel all around the world and meet people !...but the reality is different coz' I need money... :blink:

Happy to be here now :WAVE:

Hope to meet you at LFCC 2014 coz I'll be there :dance:

Hello I am here.

My name is Kirsty Swan. I'm 24 and have the awesome exciting job of being a cashier in Tesco. And I'm a hairdressing student.

I live in a town near Glasgow in Scotland and I'll be attending my first collectormania. (!!!) I first hit up the con scene last September when I cosplayed at this show Scotland and had a BALL.

I'm pretty big into anime right now, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan and Madoka Magica being my current favourites, and I own a PS2, PS3 and 360 and I love the Halo series, Bioshock, The last of Us...etc etc vidja games blah blah.

I also discovered cosplay last year and even though I've only worn out two costumes I've fallen in love with it and I'm currently working on more.

Happy to be here and I hope I can get to know folks here better!

Hello everyone, im Ian from Manchester. I've been coming to events since 2011. My favourite genre by far is horror, always has always will but i love all kinds of movies. I also love Star Trek. I'll list a few of my favourite films and series' to give an idea of what i like-

Friday the 13th

A Nightmare on elm street

pretty much all 70/80s horror really but the whole genre.

80s movies.

All Star Trek

Alien Nation tv show ( one of the best ever imo)

current shows include- GOT, Arrow, Continuum, The Mentalist, The Walking Dead etc.

and as much football as i can possibly take much to the annoyance of my family.

I also Collect blu rays often importing rare editions.

anyway, all the best and i hope to get to know a good few posters on here.

Edited by cropsy2008
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All.

My name is Michael Wisniewski. But I am better known as Wizzy... :dance:

I recently attended Chevron 8.1 which was my first Chevron but not my first convention.

Congrats on winning the 'Just slightly less epic than the epic Sunday quiz' quiz Wizzy