OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hey guys, I'm Daniel, 17 from Scotland and my hobby is collecting autographs - I have 488 autographs in my collection at the moment. I've always wanted to go to a convention but will probably have to wait till I'm older and can travel down to London, Milton Keynes etc. I bought Evanna Lynch and John Hurt's signed photos through the convention in London last year. I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan and have 66 HP autographs from 35 different people from Alan Rickman and Daniel Radcliffe to John Williams and JK Rowling. I collect all my autographs through the mail by sending letters and photos and it's a really fun hobby to have. My favourite autographs I have gotten through the mail have been Kevin Spacey, Samuel L. Jackson, Rod Stewart, Coldplay, Tom Hanks and Jeff Bridges. Sometimes the celebrities send cards and notes too which is extra special - Helen McCrory sent me a really nice card. My website is http://dans-autographs.webs.com/ Hope I can go to a convention soon! :D

Edited by ScottishDan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

My name is Simon, and this year my wife and I will be visiting the london film and comic con for the first time, and we cannot wait. We have booked a hotel and train and will be going to the con on saturday. Being newbies to both london(it's been almost 20 years since we have been there) and to the Con any snippets of information pertinent to either would be greatly welcomed. Otherwise We look forward to seeing you all there.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

All done! Panic over lol!

I haven't been to LFCC before and I'm disappointed that I missed Corey as I love him but I was excited when I got a tweet off him a few weeks back :D I hope I get to meet him at some point!

Yeah, oddly enough he added me on facebook after the last LFCC, not totally sure why.....

Hello

I'm Taramichelle (Tara for short).

I'm 34 just coming to the end of my 1st year of studying at Sheffield Hallam University (faculty of Sheffield Business School) doing a degree in Events Management with Arts and Entertainment - i know it's very interesting and insightful ;)

I'm a mum to a 14y.o daughter and i am fortunate enough to have been selected to be a GamesMaker for the London 2012 Olympic games :)

We currently live in Yorkshire (where originate from) with our 10 week old kitten Renesmee, but have lived in Poland, Manchester and Leeds (yes i know this one is in Yorkshire but that's west and i'm in south :P ).

TV: Doctor Who (2005 onwards though i do remember the series with the 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred as Ace), HIMYM, Nurse Jackie, Lie To Me, Lost (though i worked out the finale without watching it just from tweets), The Big Bang Theory, Buffy The Vampire Slayer (was ok up to the Adam storyline then it was more of a WT ....!), Przepis na Zycie (Polish tv series means Recipe for Life), Czas Honoru (Polish tv series means Days of Honour), The Mentalist, Horrible Histories.

I don't do reality tv shows :YAHOO:

Films: Some films should not be remade and if anyone touches Ferris Bueller's Day Off into a remake i'll open a can of whoop ass on them ... other than that i will watch most comedies, some Rom-Com's (though not many), action, but i cant do horror, otherwise i have to have every light on in the entire house all night and don't sleep!

Other than that i guess i am pretty flexible.

See signature for anything else :(

Pic i'll try and upload one to my profile when i have found and uploaded one :P

Edited by Peachicato

• 2 weeks later...

this will be my 3rd event, i've attended lfcc 2011 and then EMS, this year at MK i will be meeting

sean astin

zach galligan

and the hunger games guests

and for lfcc im meeting

alex winter

anthony michael hall

hayden panetierre

jonathon ke quan

EXSPENSIVE :smile:

• Moderators

Yeah I met Sean quite a few years ago, but he was really nice. Made the effort to talk to everyone, and seemed to have a good time :smile:

Zach was one of the best I've seen with fans. Just enjoyed it so much!

• Moderators

Oh I'm sure he'd be more than happy to sign it :smile:

One of my friends has met AMH and they said he was really nice. I guess anyone can have an off day. Rob Lowe would be awesome to meet :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I am Michael and I am living in Quincy, Illinois, which is about 30 miles from where Mark Twain is from. Collectormania 18 will be my first time in England and I am still sorting out how to get from Heathrow to MK!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new so please bear with me :)

My name's Hannah I'm from the Midlands attending my 1st ever Collectormania on the 2nd June (partly for the lovely John Barrowman lol) like gigs/concerts, theatre, footie, the usual ;)

so yea that's me :)

best dash off as im going to a concert tonight ;)

cya!

Hannah x

Hi :smile:

I'm Sam. Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

I only started going to conventions/signings/events last year.

I'm coming to Collectormania Milton Keynes and have a resident's pass.

I've met:

Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Sophie Aldred, Caitlin Blackwood, Lauren Wilson, Raurie Mears, Barry Noble, Ian McNeice, David Ajala, Ian McCulloch, John Levene, Barbara Shelley, Peter Purves, Frazer Hines, Wendy Padbury, Mark Sheppard, Raquel Cassidy, Nick Briggs, Barnaby Edwards, Tom Macrae, Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill :smile:

I collect autographs and have over 200 autographs, possibly. I only started in March last year.

So... yeah :)

Edit: Hi Sam, sorry but you are not allowed to mention non SM/ME events on this forum.

Edited by 1of2
Mentioning non SM events

Hi guys :)

I am Annelie, But you can call me Ann cause most people do have issues with my name :P

I am 20 and live in the netherlands. going to the london film and comic con is my first convention ever so I am quite exciting.

second time in london tho :D

over my years of being a fan of shows/music i've only met:

Rupert grint and destinee & Paris hahaha. Yeah low list.

Quite excited about seeing holly marie combs, brian krause and thomas dekker :)

Hi,

I'm Brad, a whopping 34 years old! I'm based in the west midlands and am a tee shirt printer by trade. Married to another Sci fi nut and we are expecting our first baby in October.

I'm a lover of pretty much any sci fi, especially if it ends in: trek, wars or gate! but pretty much any scifi will do me!

Love going to cons when I get a chance. memorabilia at the NEC and Collectormania MK are our main haunts but we are considering a jaunt down to London in July for LFCC!

Rainbowchazer. Married to Felice, who has been going to MK Collectormania cons for 10 years. I started attending after I met him in 2003. I've met William Shatner, Anthony Head, the two Coreys, Sean Astin, Warwick Davis, Kenny Baker and a few more I can't remember, mainly LoTR and Star Trek related. Have also been to LFCC to see Corey Feldman.

Am hoping to go to the Trek convention as well - can't resist the 5 Captains and if someone manages to persuade Leonard Nimoy to come over as well that would be fantastic. (Would he be able to resist the combined might of William Shatner, Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine?)

I'm a University administrator by day and an editor, proofreader and writer at all other times when I'm not asleep. I'm also a bit of a petrolhead, a retro technology geek and a music fan. I blog, tweet and contribute to numerous online forums as the urge takes me. Hope to contribute here at times too.

Hey!

I'm Andy from the west midlands. Been doing various conventions over the years but only just discovered the wonder of Showmasters and now I feel like I have missed out on so much! Went to collectormania last weekend and was my favourite convention ever so now I cannot wait for LFCC!

I am 28 next month and I work in IT. My interests are playing, recording and listening to music, playing sport, comic books and reading in general, writing, sci fi/horror and I am obsessed with Smallville :-)

Everyone I have come across on here so far is really friendly and helpful. It seems a great place to hang round