OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

• Moderators

Hey fellow fans!! Hope you are all well and enjoying 2015 so far! Firstly, I must apologise if there is already a thread on this... Secondly, this is my first post- so be kind!!

Does anyone know if Mr Reedus will be appearing at ANY conventions in the UK this year? I have searched and searched the internet to no avail, and my life will not be complete until I hug that man (I'm sure many of you agree!!) Any news/details/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Again, apologies if this has already been discussed or if this is in the incorrect thread... I'm new... I'll learn!

X

I don't believe he is listed at any UK events this year but you never u know, SM did manage get him a couple of years ago at LFCC and he was awesome il add

• Like 1

This thread is nearly 10 years old.....wow. I am a total newbie!!
I'll have a go though, anyways.

My name is Tamar, I'm 17 and live in the North East of England, although I am originally from Glastonbury! I study English Language, Theatre and Sociology at college and hope to go to university later this year to become a Secondary English Teacher.

I am a geek at heart - I LOVE SG-1/SGA/LOTR/The Hobbit......I attended Comic Con last year in Newcastle; I am so glad Showmasters brought it to the North East.
I got to meet Christopher Judge and John Rhys-Davies....I nearly passed out from excitement.
I am OBSESSED with Lady Gaga and even got to meet her backstage at her BTW Ball Manchester show (11-09-12).....yes I know it's not sci-fi related but she is such a huge part of my life.

10003087_10201432905056760_774713261_n.j

I'm crewing at Newcastle Showmasters next month, which is AWESOME. If anyone is attending/crewing, let me know on my Twitter @BabyGaga86
https://twitter.com/BabyGaga86

So yeah, that's a little bit about me!

Hey fellow fans!! Hope you are all well and enjoying 2015 so far! Firstly, I must apologise if there is already a thread on this... Secondly, this is my first post- so be kind!!

Does anyone know if Mr Reedus will be appearing at ANY conventions in the UK this year? I have searched and searched the internet to no avail, and my life will not be complete until I hug that man (I'm sure many of you agree!!) Any news/details/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Again, apologies if this has already been discussed or if this is in the incorrect thread... I'm new... I'll learn!

X

Im so glad youve asked this! I agree my life wont be complete until I finally meet this man!!

By the way, im Mia and im from kent, england. Im a big fan of The Walking Dead and Buffy/Angel 😃

Looking forward to LFCC in July! Woo!

- 💘 -

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, very new at this but as I am attending two conventions this year I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Kelvin, or Spider-kel as I sometimes go by. I am 34 from the North East of England and live with my beautiful wife of 3 years Tracey and our two gorgeous boys Daniel and Stewart (who at the time of writing this is one week old)

I have been a big sci fi, Marvel, computer game and comic fan since I can remember and am a collector of many different things from Transformers, figures, graphic novels, toys and computer games.

Despite this I have never been to a convention before and have decided this year I need to start getting to some.

With that in mind I'm booked to come to Newcastle and London on the Saturdays with my wife and friends and make up for lost time.

I'm also coming in costume which I have also never done but always wanted to, and am in the process of making my V for Vendetta costume. So much fun!!

I look forward to meeting you all at these events and if you happen to see a tall 6"6 guy dressed as V walking around, it'll probably be me! :-)

So feel free to stop me and say hi.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all, My names Scott Jones, i am from Wales in a village in the valleys called Aberdare.

Been going to sm events since 2013 and i dont plan to quit yet haha.

i have facebook,twitter and youtube you can find me easy searching for my username "1stmetalgod" so find out more about me there easier than me typing a lot of stuff out.

1 quick question how do i put a thing in where i can type all guests i have met etc like everyone else has in the grey section?

Hello all, My names Scott Jones, i am from Wales in a village in the valleys called Aberdare.

Been going to sm events since 2013 and i dont plan to quit yet haha.

i have facebook,twitter and youtube you can find me easy searching for my username "1stmetalgod" so find out more about me there easier than me typing a lot of stuff out.

1 quick question how do i put a thing in where i can type all guests i have met etc like everyone else has in the grey section?

Hello Scott

Click on your name, edit my profile, signature.

Edited by Tony1975

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

Chris, 30, from Basingstoke UK. I've only just turned 30 and this is the first time I've written it down to admit my age....man, that hits home. :crying:

Huge film fan and LFCC will be my first ever convention and my first dabble at cosplay as Marty McFly circa '85. Nothing very original but we have to start somewhere!

I love James Bond, Star Wars and the works of Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford. And Arnold Schwarzenegger. Tom Hanks. Jackie Chan...the list could go on! Also a keep RPer (writing), script writer and Xbox gamer.

:clap:

Edited by GelNerd

I had a profile before but god knows what the hell my login was!!!

Anyway saying hi as I've posted already loads today without even saying hello!

I am an amateur cosplayer from Wellingborough in Northamptonshire.

I'm into all things Jack White, Pokémon and DC and Marvel.

I love to draw and I love to make things

I'm on many different formats Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc

I have my own pages for each

Feel free to follow and ask me anything especially on my Cosplay page (link below)

https://www.facebook...teshadowcosplay

My Instagram (mainly art) is Candycanechild3

My Twitter is @Th3Whit3Shad0w :)

I'll follow you back :)

Did I mention I'm a big JACK WHITE fan........... it won't be the last time ;)

Hi guys,

so im very new to this iv never been part of a forum before but thought I better introduce myself as I will no doubt be replying to all of the guest announcements and also suggesting my top guests that I want to meet! my name is Amber i'm in my early twenties, I have been to LFCC once before back in 2013 and CFCC also that year I am planning to attend a few events this year including LFCC probably summer and winter what with the amazing line up this year. GUTTED I missed last year as the second person on my list to meet attended and I didn't know until this year :( hopefully he'll come back! Anyway I brought the ticket this year as a present for my fiancé who has never been to a comic con, im so excited for him because hes going to love it and this is no doubt going to become an annual thing for us now!

In relation to these events I am interested in most film genres and my favourite TV programmes related are true blood, charmed and Buffy so would love to meet any guests from these programmes! I'm also a big wrestling fan so obviously the wrestling guests also draw me in especially this year with rey mysterio and the legendary kurt angle!

I hope to get to know more people with similar interests through the forum and look forward to chatting about upcoming guests and events :) :clap:

I'm Anthony and I live in Milton Keynes, so I've had the chance to visit Collectormania MK for a while and I have gone in costume to the last three.

In my 'real' life, I am a writer and former game-developer; I've written for some games you have never heard of and designed games you might know from other media, but I've also done a fair amount of writing about games too. My wife is the local Oxfam manager and runs their stall at Collectormania, so I suppose I go there to be supportive as well as to show off my costume-making skills.

• Like 1

Hi all !!! :smile:

I've checked this topic and I think I've not posted my introduction.

My real name is Bruna, I'm italian, 53 years old, married from 32 years, with a daughter. I worked in a Stationery-shop for 22 years, then I closed it and had many troubled years due my father very bad health situation..... :closedeyes:

I've always loved Sci-fi and Fantasy movies ( Lord of the Rings saga, Harry Potter saga, Matrix, Highlander, Ladyhawke, and many more ....)

I've discovered the London conventions 10 years ago, when I went to meet Kevin Sorbo ( Hercules) and since then I try to go every year to the LFCC. In Italy there aren't Sci-cons, so I love to fly to London and go there to find lovely movies-merchandise, and live the amazing Convention experience! :thumbup:

As you can read in my siggy, I'm a HUGE Scott Bakula fan and the pic here is one of my most joyful moments I had at the Destination Star Trek Con. Unforgettable moment!!!! :YAHOO:

STARTREKCON_SCOTT.jpg

Edited by fantasyfan

Well, with so many likes and lots of posting, I thought I better say Hello to everyone. I am Spacecadet a real Camel from Sudan. I was raised in the Deserts and while growing up always looked up into the sky and thought I wanna go into space and be the first Camel on the Moon.

I applied to NASA and they accepted me, I went through the training only just about passing, the other guys called me a Spacecadet so it sort of stuck.

Anyway my Career never really took off (if you excuse the Pun) well I got kitted out in my space suit but the helmet would not fit me..apparently they are a standard size and it couldn't fit.. So I had to leave. I was gutted.

Well, for the past few years I've been attending these shows, Paid by my Rides I give at the local beaches.

So if you see me trotting around the shows, just say hi... :smile:

Hey everyone I'm Frankie i am from manchester & i've been collecting horror tv movie things for about 15 years or so, over the last 5/6 months i have really got into collecting autographs. I will be attending in July which super excited for as this my 1st time going to this in London i went to the manchester one couple weeks back i loved it so this one will be all about GOT guests, horror got Neve Campbell, Robert England photoshoots booked.

Only problem I really cant decide what I want to do with regards to the Game of Thrones guests, get my notebook signed/ start a poster/ get photo signed that they have at the table or just go for photoshoots instead. :( I want everything ha

Hello!

So er technically I'm not new, I've just logged into my account I opened over 10 years ago but here's my story!

I was 13 or 14 when I first went to a showmasters con, it's was collectormania 4 I think and I then went to the next few collectormania' and the first 3 LFACC's. At the time I was a total Lord of the Rings obsessive so those cons were heaven to my nerdy teenage self!

11 years later and I'm 25, still super nerdy but also lucky enough to work in TV and Film. So I haven't been to a con for a while. I went to LFACC summer 2012 with some friends but only for a few hours.

Now I'm a fan of lots of things! Current favourites are Orphan Black, Agent Carter, Thrones and lots of comedy. I'm going to LFACC with a big group of lovely nerdy friends this year and I can't wait. I've been lucky enough to meet lots of very cool people through work (a few are guests at the con!) but I still occasionally get excited and will end up meeting a guest or two at the con!

So yes, hello again forum! I got bored of lurking and wanted to join in!

• Like 1

Like most here, a lurker but now a member!

I'm Amy and I'm massive horror film fan, it's what has inspired me to work towards becoming an SFX makeup artist. Going to LFACC for the first time next month and I'm incredibly excited to be meeting Robert Englund! I'm also a super big theme park fan so I like to travel. Introducing posts are weird. :)

• Like 1

Well I guess as I have been here a while I should jump on the bandwagon!

My name is Andrew, I have been a member here since 2014. I'm 32, living in North London and my day job is working as a Trust Fundraiser for a charity called Revitalise.

I've always been a massive sci-fi and fantasy fan, but never really got into attending conventions until my first in 2011. One of my school friends had been going along to them years ago, but it had never really appealed to me until then. After my first one, I got the bug and loved it, so I keep coming back! This year will be my third summer LFCC in a row, and I cannot wait!

Things that I am into include, but are not limited to: Tolkien, Pratchett, Firefly, Marvel, and John Hughes movies. I love movies like Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. I also have a soft spot for The Rocketeer. I like a lot of different music, but have always had a preference for rock and metal.

Outside of my assorted fandoms, I am involved with an amateur drama group and can often be found on the stage. I also play a lot of pool, and am currently in my second year representing Hertfordshire at county level.

I love a road trip and have done some awesome journeys including Route 66, some rallies through Europe, and a beer tour of Bavaria. Have another one planned in North America this summer.

It's been really interesting reading back through some of these and seeing the posts from 2006 where people are putting in their myspace addresses! How things change! However, I have put in my Twitter address below, if anyone feels like following. I do follow back!

@PenThePirate

And I am rubbish at this and can never work out how to add a photo, but its in my avatar and there are ones on my Twitter too!

Edited by PenThePirate

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm Ashley.

I'm new to the whole con/cosplay WLFCC last October was ony first, and I throughly enjoyed it (was only there on the Saturday though)

I'm a massive Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan.

In real life I'm currently in retail

Hey,

I'm Kyle, I'm 22 and I'm from Swansea. I've just graduated from University of South Wales and I'm currently working as a software developer. I'm a massive reader as well as a huge film/TV fanatic, with most of my interest being on sci-fi/fantasy. Some favourites include Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars but there's so many more. My first con was LFCC 2014 after I heard about Stan Lee and I've attended the Cardiff and London ones since.