Photo

would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

Poll: i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest (414 member(s) have cast votes)

if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

1. Stan Lee £30 (258 votes [62.17%])

Percentage of vote: 62.17%

2. Ian Holm £45 (157 votes [37.83%])

Percentage of vote: 37.83%

2nd choice

1. Hayden Christensen £55 (106 votes [25.54%])

Percentage of vote: 25.54%

2. Christopher Lee £55 (309 votes [74.46%])

Percentage of vote: 74.46%

3ed choice

1. Ewan McGregor £50 (319 votes [76.87%])

Percentage of vote: 76.87%

2. Christopher Lambert £35 (96 votes [23.13%])

Percentage of vote: 23.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 showmasters

showmasters

Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,058 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

ok this is Very important and please let everyone know about this poll and please vote yourself

as we are going to try to pull out some more high end guests for this years events and we want to know how many of you would pay that little bit more to get the chance to meet some of these guests

if there is the right amount of interest in some of the guests we will have the knowledge to make some of the big offers we will need to make this happen .

so please vote if you are happy to pay this amount for a autograph , if you are not interested please do not vote , this is not the place to say that prices are going up , if you want to start a topic for that then please do so in the main forum.

we have managed to keep our prices down for many years and we still will but to be able to book some of the bigger names we need to look at charging a little more to be able to pay for the flights and fees .

so lets see were this gos and maybe we could add some more guests to this years LFCC as well :-)

jason :(
info@showmastersonline.com
www.collectormania.com
www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com
www.collectormaniaglasgow.co.uk
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#2 1of2

1of2

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,775 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Minor issue. I have no interest in Stan Lee or Ian Holm but it won't let me vote for Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor unless I select somebody in the first section as well. Which I haven't done.
Online shop queries: shop@showmastersevents.com
General queries: info@showmastersonline.com
1_Showmasters_forum.jpg

#3 Yvie

Yvie

Online Shop Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

1of2, we'll band together. I'd love to meet Stan Lee, but I'm not bothered about the others. You can use my preference to complete your vote :(
The new Massive Events Online Shop chick - I pre-game harder than you party.

Shop queries should be sent to: info@collectormania.com
Please help me out and include an event name and order number in the email (pref the subject line), I'm good at ticket-detective work, but it isn't fun trying to guess which event you're going to ;o)

Just assume that I've already called "SHOTGUN!!!" on all hot men attending SM/ME events as guests, crew, attendees or otherwise cuz it's so much easier that way and will lead to fewer fights.

Every time you post a giant sig', God kills a kitten :o(

#4 1of2

1of2

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,775 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Done.

Edit: ....and thank you.

Edited by 1of2, 02 June 2011 - 11:09 PM.

Online shop queries: shop@showmastersevents.com
General queries: info@showmastersonline.com
1_Showmasters_forum.jpg

#5 BigSi13

BigSi13

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

1of2, we'll band together. I'd love to meet Stan Lee, but I'm not bothered about the others. You can use my preference to complete your vote :smile:

Majorly geek out time for Stan Lee and Christopher Lambert.
Twitter: @AgentSimon

#DefeatCancer

#TheAgencyIsComing

#6 showmasters

showmasters

Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,058 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

do tell others about this poll please it real is important as i have some offers that will be going out soon and this info will help .

jason :smile:
info@showmastersonline.com
www.collectormania.com
www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com
www.collectormaniaglasgow.co.uk
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#7 timelord81r

timelord81r

Special Effects Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

stan, chris, ewan

why must we choose, I want them all ;-)

1of2, we'll band together. I'd love to meet Stan Lee, but I'm not bothered about the others. You can use my preference to complete your vote :smile:

thought you had a thing for lambert?

First convention LFCC 2009

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour."

"The quest for the grail is not archaeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth"

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"

#8 Skylover

Skylover

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

I would pay even more for a photoshoot with Christopher Lee, a lot more
The recent upgrade has resulted in the forum signature length now comprising of a maximum of 12 lines.

#9 TerraHawk

TerraHawk

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

It won't let me vote for just Christopher Lee, and he's the only one I would go above £50 for. The others either don't interest me, or are young enough I'll take my chances.

And even then I understand Mr Lee is particular about what he signs.

Edited by TerraHawk, 02 June 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#10 Kuato_Lives

Kuato_Lives

Chief Model Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Ian Holm most defo yes!!!
So, you wanna play Boggle or Super Mario Bros?

Twitter : @Kuato_lives

#11 alisonloub

alisonloub

Wardrobe Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

my eyes almost popped out when I saw Hayden Christensen name appear, I would happily pay £100 for him, but then as he only as 14% of the vote so far, it's still a dream...PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN!! (ok, I gave my husband daggers when I asked him to choose, he loves me!)

Anyway....thats enough of my stalker side....Any of them will be brilliant guests!!

I will think happy thoughts...Hayden, Hayden!!!
CM:MK 2011': Robert Patrick, Robert Englund, Phelps Twins, Levar Burton, Jason Watkins, David Blue,.
LFCC 2011': Alex Kingston, Karen Gillian, Camille Coduri, Mark Sheppard, Morgan Sheppard, Brent Spiner, Richard Hatch, Lea Thompson, Christopher Lloyd, Corey Feldman

EMS 2011: Joe Flanigan, David Tennant, Arthur Darvil, Eve Myles and Catlin Blackwood

CM:MK 2012: Callum Blue, Brandon Routh, Carl Weathers, Lance Henriksen, Nichelle Nicolls, Michael Dorn, Karen Gillan, John Barrowman, Paul McGann, Kenny Baker, David Prowse, Jessica Parker Kennedy and Danny Dyer

Others, Matt Smith and James Corden!

#12 x_moonshine_x

x_moonshine_x

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

Ewan McGregor... *sigh* <3 I love him so much, I'd sell a leg to meet him, I swear.
LiveJournal: cloudysky.livejournal.com
Twitter: twitter.com/narnianlullaby
Facebook: facebook.com/xoxmoonyxox

#13 Kuato_Lives

Kuato_Lives

Chief Model Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

Poor ol' Ian Holm. He's up against Stan Lee who is basically God of the comic book world.
So, you wanna play Boggle or Super Mario Bros?

Twitter : @Kuato_lives

#14 andy knight

andy knight

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

I've voted but regardless of the result I'd pay those prices for all of them.

Would have to talk to the bank manager though if they were all together!!
I'm not old, just older

#15 nosfer2

nosfer2

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Funnily enough I was thinking how amazing it is that the Star Trek actors I met at Collectormania this weekend were charging the same amount as when I met them the previous time you had them attend. I'm surprised (and delighted) that you have been able to keep the costs down for us autograph hunters, and these potential guests are people I've wanted to meet for years, so I'd be willing to part with a bit more cash in order to do so. I voted for Christopher Lee, Ian Holm, and Ewan McGregor.
My Most Wanted Guests:
The Avengers: Patrick MacNee
Batman: Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Danny Devito
Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston, Catherine Tate
Ghost Busters: Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis
Spaced: Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes, Nick Frost, Julia Deakin, Mark Heap, Katy Carmichael, Peter Serafinowicz
Star Trek: Wil Wheaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosalind Chao, Diana Muldaur, Barbara March, Kirstie Alley, Catherine Hicks, Laurence Luckinbill, Kim Cattrall, Christopher Plummer, James Cromwell, Alfre Woodard, F Murray Abraham, Donna Murphy, Ron Perlman, James Darren, Jolene Blalock
Star Wars: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan MacGregor, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Sir Christopher Lee, George Lucas
Terminator films: Arnold Schwarzenegger
The X-Files: David Duchovny

#16 gebes

gebes

Property Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Yes I'd certainly pay more for a guest I really want to meet, however if x guest was announced for say this LFCC, I'd actually be disappointed as I wouldn't have enough time to get the sort of money I would want to spend on x guest.

If say for example Stan Lee were announced for this LFCC, I'd def get an auto from him, but if he were announced for say Entertainment Media Show, I'd get more than one auto from him.

There are about 5 actors/actresses, that I would quite cheerfully go bonkers over in relation to autos, given time and notice to save up for . I know 2 friends who would do the same with someone they would love to meet.

I won't post the names though as this is not a guest requests thread.

#17 Glowingwings

Glowingwings

Animator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

I love Christopher Lee but I probably wouldn't pay the £55, but I know many other fans who will. It depends on my money at the time.

There is no doubt in my mind I would pay the £50 for Ewan

Edited by Glowingwings, 02 June 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#18 BeatrixKiddo88

BeatrixKiddo88

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

Voted for Stan Lee, Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee.

Those prices are fine and it was more a choice of who I'd want rather than the price to be honest :smile:

GET THEM!

Attended:

CM:MK 2-20, LFCC '07-'13, CM:Midlands 1-3, CM:L 1-2, Hub 2-4, Glasgow '09, , Bad Wolf, EMS 1-2, DSTL 1, CFCC 1, WLFCC '13

Attending:

CMMK 21, LFCC, SFCC, WLFCC

#19 Christoff

Christoff

Property Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Location:West Midlands, England.... Why is there a maximum of 50,000 characters for location? I don't believe there's anywhere with a name that long :p

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense to have each of the potential guests in their own category, with one answer being the price they'd cost to meet, and the other answer being 'no'?

Not everyone will be interested in a guest from each of the categories and not everyone who is interested in them will be willing to pay that much, so it'd give you a much better idea of people's opinions if people could vote no and didn't have to vote in all categories.

Edited by Christoff, 03 June 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#20 Tolkienerd

Tolkienerd

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

I would definitely pay this price, but a small discount for mulitple purchases wouldn't go amiss - I'd have about 4 items for Ewan to sign (Black Hawk Down, Star Wars, Moulin Rouge, Trainspotting...), ditto for Christopher Lee and Ian Holm.

I met Ewan at a book signing following his first bike expedition and have to admit that he's a bit of a scribbler (of course the older guys have near caligraphic signatures :smile: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users